[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Cyberman_NI

i rebooted it now and fixed permissions and still app not installed :(

Did you click the APK to install it or did you just copy it into the system/app folder?

@jp nice reply @clown :P

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest TripNRaVeR

With the next release there will be an FTF for 67 available. Next release also has improved swap file.

Anyone know the command for making an empty file in Android with a specified size?

Or can anyone make me an ext2 or ext3 or ext4 image? I dont know how to make an empty image if anyone can make me 1 i'm so happy!

Guest 9Lukas5

People.. should I flash 1.5.2? Becose I spend lots of time to make 1.5.1 suited to my style... any major thing to move to 1.5.2 or I should wait for next update? :)

Hey, I made it that way: download rom, go into zip file at youre pc down to the update-script file in Meta-inf/google/android or s.th. like that and open the file update-script in your editor and delete the two lines saying format cache and format data. Then safe the file. some where and put it back into the archive. Now you won't lose you're data. Simply said, you make a update, not a fresh intall.

p.s. trip said it some pages earlier, after booting up phone after update, go with rootexplorer to data and delete the ripnraver folder and reboot directly, that the swap file will be rebuilded.

Regards,

L

Guest 4llerbuntu

Very simple Don't use this rom

very funny, OY YE GREAT DOOFUS.

so requesting that the first post be rearranged and corrected is too much? no wonder you don't amount to much in these parts, u too dumb to even be civil.

the DVE spending his time and energy to cook the ROMS is'nt even complaining or giving bad responses, he is simply getting on with the good work he is doing.

BTW, in my post i specifically referred to "THE MODS" or "TRIP", did'nt mention you ingnoramus.

"simple, don't use this rom" like u could even locate your arse

Guest Cyberman_NI

With the next release there will be an FTF for 67 available. Next release also has improved swap file.

Anyone know the command for making an empty file in Android with a specified size?

Or can anyone make me an ext2 or ext3 or ext4 image? I dont know how to make an empty image if anyone can make me 1 i'm so happy!

Think this is what your after trip.

Use this command:

dd if=$INPUT-FILE of=$OUTPUT-FILE bs=$BLOCK-SIZE count=$NUM-BLOCKSTo create a big (empty) file, set $INPUT-FILE=/dev/zero.

Total size of the file will be $BLOCK-SIZE * $NUM-BLOCKS.

New file created will be $OUTPUT-FILE

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/139261/how-to-create-a-file-with-a-given-size-in-linux

Guest them4n1

Did you click the APK to install it or did you just copy it into the system/app folder?

@jp nice reply @clown :P

i just installed it. do i need to put it in system/app folder?

Guest Cyberman_NI

i just installed it. do i need to put it in system/app folder?

If you have Root Explorer it's better for changing permissions. Check and see if the app is listed in system/app folder

Guest cjsabaki

1.5.3............. AAAAACCCKKK!!!! i JUST SET UP 1.5.2 AT LUNCH...:D :D :D :D LOL!!!

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!! THANKS TRIP!!!! Can't wait to test!!!

1.5.2 is stunning!! ZERO FC... ALL WORKING SO FAR!! FFFFAST..... Hhhhm, are fonts changing on this one??????

P.S... CHUCK NORRIS USES TripNMiuI.......... And loves it!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P

Have a great week all!!!

Best regards,

Chris

Guest milad407

Version 1.5.3

- Swap improvements (cannot restore data!)

- Fully uncapped FPS

sounds great !

but could you please tell me if fixing wifi is possible or impossible ? :)

Guest Cyberman_NI

Top class trip, this rom is leagues ahead of all the others!!!!

If I sent you a galaxy s2 would you consider creating rom's for it. The forum for it is dead, bit like xda x10 section :lol:

Guest linggo
Version 1.5.3

- Swap improvements (cannot restore data!)

- Fully uncapped FPS

OMG i have finish test 1.5.2 & all run perfect & i think this could b final release...then coming again the update...im so tired to instal app...thank mate...great work!

Guest scattaman

very funny, OY YE GREAT DOOFUS.

so requesting that the first post be rearranged and corrected is too much? no wonder you don't amount to much in these parts, u too dumb to even be civil.

the DVE spending his time and energy to cook the ROMS is'nt even complaining or giving bad responses, he is simply getting on with the good work he is doing.

BTW, in my post i specifically referred to "THE MODS" or "TRIP", did'nt mention you ingnoramus.

"simple, don't use this rom" like u could even locate your arse

Maybe you should learn to ASK instead of DEMAND.... and the way you wrote your "suggestion" came off as being very aloof and obnoxious... doubt you'll get any help here. Everybody else can follow this instructions just fine.

And maybe if you tried READING you would see that setting up static IP is easy... if you can flash a rom, you can setup a static IP

Guest Cyberman_NI

Is that even worth wasting time on a reply...

The cheek of some people!

1,000's of people are using these rom's and everywhere manages just fine. What would you rather have a perfectly tidy forum or trip spending time on what matter's THE ROM's?

The rom everytime for me. I don't mind reading the posts. :rolleyes:

EDIT: JP i know your busting to give him both barrels :lol:

Edited by Cyberman_NI

Guest skeeneib

rom is awesome, no fc's and very stable. is there any one has tested the camcorder? coz mine is sounds like chipmunks...so funny :D . good job tripn...more power to you

Guest 4llerbuntu

wow, seems everyone takes everything here so seriously.

i distinctly remember using the word please...............

and what harm would editing a post do to the thread.

i most definitely can find my way round flashing the ROM, thank you all. i just do not understand why consideration cannot be had for people who are new. you chaps have been following the thread daily for months......... its just insensitive of you all if you ask me.

and i dont say trip should have to do it, i also said MODS or anyone who has access and can edit the damn thread.

as for the unleashing the barrels, save it bro. ain't got time for online muscle flexing and mouthing off. online Chuck Norris wannabeestongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

@TRIP, yup, for the record, i think you doing a massive job, and i wanna say thank you etc etc etc. pls keep up the good work.

the ROM is the most beautiful i ever tried. was dying to have it fully functional which is why i came back to check out the thread.

THANKS BRUV

Guest machhho

@trip : PLZ Help

I'm getting this message when I install the 1.5.2 ROM with bseband 58 or the GB Baseband :

X: can't symlink /system/xbin/busybox

X: Failure at line 7 :

symlink /system/bin/busybox system:xbin/busybox installation aborted.

Guest them4n1

If you have Root Explorer it's better for changing permissions. Check and see if the app is listed in system/app folder

which app? i've changed the permission of the file manager to everyting with V, but i still can't install.. what can i do else? :(

also, it seems that i only can't install games thru file manager :(

Edited by them4n1

Guest InSaiyanOne

TNX Trip downloading now.... :D

FOR arabic support go to xrecovery-partion tools-mount system- and flash this http://www.mediafire...zlyw2xnwi927ybo

@Trip

if u think this file do something wrong with ur rom i will delete it but it work fine on my phone using 1.5.1

If this works I think it should be posted on the first post to be more visible.