[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Ri2do
Going to work on this rom again.

great news Trip, can't wait to see what you will come up with this time ;)

Some Trip VooDoo Magic ;]

Thanks for all ur hard work for us

Guest weechee

Hey Trip found some bugs in your ROM :

1)Theme manager crashes when I try to download themes. Same goes for the lockscreen editor.

2)Gameloft games can't download data in app. FC after awhile.

3)I can only manage 995 quadrant on a clean ROM. Can someone clarify if this is normal?

4)I can't install Neocore on it. Anyone else have this prob?

Anyway does anyone know suitable kernels for the ROM? I still seem to see the frame cap.

Guest Alshara

Hey trip,

Nice to hear you are working on 0.4 GB again. For experimenting, I switched from 0.4gb to 1.6.1 (and later .5) Froyo, but sticked to them for the speed and smoothness. Hope the two things will be ported to GB too as I miss my favourite themes..

Thanks very much for the funtastic roms and appreciate all your efforts.

cheers

g

Guest jonnybx10

yay! ahaha

I left GB 0.4 for gaming purposes... trying to get Data back was really hard.. Xrec didnt work (Advanced restore >> Restore data).. I went to 1.5.6 and stayed with it.. for gaming purposes lol

I hope that a small miracle will come to this amazing dev and sort out GB in a second lol BUT as we know, this all takes time... so its very unlikely! aha

Love your ROMS and Good luck with this one!

Regards

J

Edited by jonnybx10

Guest Blaven

Done some more testing, reboots mostly occur after using Titanium Backup or any other root program (it says SD card safe to remove and reboots).

Some happen after installing an app though.

Still using it, since some reboots are not the end of the world and I love the UI.

Guest PhrozenFear
1)Theme manager crashes when I try to download themes. Same goes for the lockscreen editor.

Anyway does anyone know suitable kernels for the ROM? I still seem to see the frame cap.

It's a known bug in 0.4.0 that Theme Manager crashes.

Also, most of the custom kernels don't work too well with the other tweaks that Trip inserts into his ROM - they make it pretty unstable. But from what I'm told, it CAN be done.

Hey,

i've got 0.5 UD installed on my x10i with BB .67, SE-kernel, but i can't start wireless ... anyone now a way to fix the problem?

thx

WiFi is a known bug in 0.4.0 and 0.5.0 at this time.

Edited by PhrozenFear

Guest justinoz
It's a known bug in 0.4.0 that Theme Manager crashes.

Also, most of the custom kernels don't work too well with the other tweaks that Trip inserts into his ROM - they make it pretty unstable. But from what I'm told, it CAN be done.

WiFi is a known bug in 0.4.0 and 0.5.0 at this time.

howcome i got signal and working wifi on first try??

but the rom is laggy

im on bb67.

anyway to make it as smooth as froyo with custom kernel??

Guest jonnybx10
What is a UD? What's the difference between the other download link?

Spammed much?

UD is ultra dev, put out for a bug hunt and see how it goes. 0.5 wifi doesnt work so i stayed with .4 for awhile as wifi does work.

.4 was the Updated version of .3.5 which wifi didnt work on :/

Regards

J

Guest Atanu89
Spammed much?

UD is ultra dev, put out for a bug hunt and see how it goes. 0.5 wifi doesnt work so i stayed with .4 for awhile as wifi does work.

.4 was the Updated version of .3.5 which wifi didnt work on :/

Regards

J

weird, 0.3.5 is the best version for me so far wifi, all radio things fine for me on BB67 + BB65 kernel, havemt had any issues with 3.5 for the last 3 weeks..

Guest skorvy

well, 0.3.5 version for me has more stable then 0.4.0(signal lost, problem with some apps and wifi somethimes break). but i se that is most optimimizied than other gb-s, what to say, good work. and what think about that is time to start with gb work in first plan, and live froyo for some time.

Guest brendox10

Here are my findings after running 0.4 for a while.

Been using 0.4 on BB 2.1.61 since it was released. and it's rock solid.

Camera Illusion for Camera works good.

Email, SMS, MMS, Phone (Proximity Sensor all good, haven't rang someone else by accident since flashing)

Wifi works (doesn't auto re-connect as has been already stated)

Only small bug's i've found is:

- Obvious theme one, when changing, FC but does work but must reboot multiple times. (flashed 0.5 UD, but then contacts etc. wouldn't sync, so back to 0.4)

- Soundhound - only plays through Earpiece and not loudspeaker

- Heytell - plays through earpiece & not loud speaker, (toggling speaker on and off a few times will get this to work)

Once one of these apps are open, then any notifications, calls etc. will only play through earpiece!... it's painful, A reboot solves this, so i just reboot after i've used the apps and it works fine again after that. (until i need to use one again)

- some Apps FC on first boot, but stabilize after that... not an issue

- a few text/background compatibility issues here and there, but nothing serious.

- Battery life good under normal use, gaming (found drag racing game and am addicted) obviously sucks battery pretty quick. but fairly heavy every day use and can get 2 days out of it easy.

- All accounts sync great etc. this is definitely stable enough for daily rom.

For me this rom is THE BEST!! Even though it's not 100% finished i still think it's perfect, and i cant go back to a "stock" or SE Rom after using Trip'n'MIUI, even cant go back to Froyo MIUI after using GB.

Trip you are the man! keep up the good work... looking forward to what you bring next to the table.

other Dev's/Roms bore me, for some reason each day i'm excited to jump on the internet to see if you've brought something fresh and new to the table...

Sorry for the long post! but thought i'd give a decent review of the rom and my findings for all to read.

Cheers

Brendo.

Guest cjsabaki

DAAAAMN..........Check out the MIUI changes for GB..........1.6.17...........FREAKIN HOT LOCK SCREENS............Hmmm, but what bugs these new releases have??????????

http://www.miuiandroid.com/

This stuff just keeps getting better and better............ Ya'al better be sending some beer money to the TripNmeister for all this hard work n lost sleep.... ;) :P :D

Best regards,

Chris

post-892595-1308065545_thumb.gif

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest cjsabaki
is there a technology to install custom kernel 3.50 for this rom, which unlocks cap of fps40??

RIGHT NOW, all custom kernels only work on the lower bbands, ie, 46, 49, 52...Read the custom kernel thread........

Trip does not support kernels at this time....Patience......We have only had custom kernels since APRIL 1ST.........Long learning curve for this...It takes a bit of time to develop things we NEVER could use till a month or so ago!!

PLEASE STOP POSTING ABOUT CUSTOM KERNELS IN TRIP'S THREAD. PLEASE. ;)

Best regards,

Chris

Guest justinoz
RIGHT NOW, all custom kernels only work on the lower bbands, ie, 46, 49, 52...Read the custom kernel thread........

Trip does not support kernels at this time....Patience......We have only had custom kernels since APRIL 1ST.........Long learning curve for this...It takes a bit of time to develop things we NEVER could use till a month or so ago!!

PLEASE STOP POSTING ABOUT CUSTOM KERNELS IN TRIP'S THREAD. PLEASE. :D

Best regards,

Chris

alright GOT IT ;)

sorry

btw:

im on 1.6.5 with custom kernel 3.50miui

and its smoother than any custom kerneld rom out there.

:P

was just thinking if it can also be done on gb miui roms.

:D

Guest PhrozenFear

If you wanna try it, feel free. But know that NOBODY will be supporting you for it, so if you end up running into trouble, you'll have to fix it yourself. So back up, and give it a whirl if you wish. But it's completely AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Guest ALPHA DOG
was just thinking if it can also be done on gb miui roms.

;)

It will not work on the GB version MIUI. Already checked and discovered that. Just does not work for 3.51 GB.

Guest justinoz
It will not work on the GB version MIUI. Already checked and discovered that. Just does not work for 3.51 GB.

Thank you sir. Would have been sick if you could get the smoothness of froyo roms with custom.kernel on a gingerbread rom ;)