[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest PhrozenFear

@wsp9825

Because Baseband 2.1.54 is older, and Trip never really liked playing with it.

To get this to work, you're best off to use TripNBB 2.1.65 (which uses the 2.1.67 kernel tweak) or else 2.1.67 - Either one will work best for this ROM. And that's what the cook says, so asking won't really do much, since you'll either be ignored, or laughed at. Personally, I'd rather neither happen, so that's why I suggest you use one of those other two, then you'll be golden.

As for myself, I won't be trying this, as I need a working WiFi connection. *keeps watching this thread avidly, waiting for someone to say Wifi works somehow*. Don't get me wrong, 0.3.5 is extremely stable and works like a hot damn for me, but still, I would like to be on the bleeding edge sometime. =)

Guest jpminou
Try installing it from the market. That might work.

the problem is that the superuser included in this rom is not working so i download the one from market

Guest highaltitude

phone reception is really bad on my phone. BB.65 march kernel. Signal looks strong, but the person I talked to said it kept cutting out really bad.

Guest realunited123

Home Button doesn't work. I fixed it by pushing a SetupWizard.apk to system/app. Trip had forgot to disable it :)

Wifi-error

SD card safe to remove-on exiting root explorer, ddms etc.

I haven't ran into any other issues yet.(Test version 0.6)

Edited by realunited123

Guest RobertX10i

Does the 0.6 version have the new miui lock screen implemented?

Also, is the pattern unlock feature back in 0.6?

I will install 0.6 when stable release follows, after testing.

currently running stable 0.35 without much trouble on BB.67

Guest TripNRaVeR
Home Button doesn't work. I fixed it by pushing a SetupWizard.apk to system/app. Trip had forgot to disable it :)

Wifi-error

SD card safe to remove-on exiting root explorer, ddms etc.

I haven't ran into any other issues yet.(Test version 0.6)

Thanks! LOL I couldnt find out what it was! B)

Guest TripNRaVeR

Good evening! :D

Had some hours free and hell yes! invested in the x10..

Gingerbread almost latest project.. final project also coming.

- Rebuilding from scratch

30%

Rom boots up (fast, not optimized)

Smoothness increased, overall speed is allready faster then it is now

Nothing works a.t.m lol

Test version later online, keep checkin, i'm trying to be here and there :) B)

Working: updated 19:35 / 7.35pm

- Audio

- Light right in the corner of our x10

-

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest atintan

Trip

finally you got back on GB. I used your Froyo MIUI and was great. (I started to like MIUI interface). However I need exchange email that's why I passed to rdannar GB MIUI. I believe that this last project of yours would be as good as all the rest of your roms.

Just a simple suggestion, can you try to improve Rdannar ROM with your tweaks and the rest? Two minds working together would give unbelievable results. Just give a try PLEASE!!!

Edited by atintan

Guest Ri2do

:):D:D:D:D

Brill news Trip, I soo glad to see you working again on your MIUI GB, can't wait for your next release... love this rom and cant wait to see the FINAL too.

I already know it will be wicked.

Tnx Trip

Guest Ri2do
Trip

finally you got back on GB. I used you Froyo and was great. However I need exchange that's why I passed to rdannar GB MIUI. I believe that this last project of yours would be as good as all the rest of your roms.

Just a simple suggestion, can you try to improve Rdannar ROM with your tweaks and the rest? Two minds working together would give unbelievable results. Just give a try PLEASE!!!

+1

Guest basti2909

Ah finally trip is still working for us. Today SE lost few"fans" but n now doesn't matter.good to read the progress :) lets go trip let this make final.of course without cam xD

Hey trip bugs with 0.6 as follows

Works with bb54

no home button or task manager

themes fc on apply

Browser static search doesnt work just brings up google

Kind regards

Guest cjsabaki
Update:

Working: updated 19:59 / 7.59pm

- Audio

- Light right in the corner of our x10

- Vibration sensor

................................ :) B) :D ;) ;) ....................rUBBING MY EYES......... sWEET!!!!!!! Miui GB update coming soon!!!

ThanKS Trip!!!

P.S...Did ya find what was causing the boot loop issue with the newer Miui builds???

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest thebond007

can anybody please let me know how to get google talk installed on this ROM? I'm still on v3.5 and it works fine for me.

Thanks in advance.

Guest cjsabaki
can anybody please let me know how to get google talk installed on this ROM? I'm still on v3.5 and it works fine for me.

Thanks in advance.

Mr Bond.....8-)

If ya have root explorer, just open the .3.5 zip on ur sd card, system, apps, long press on google talk.apk, it will extract it, then just move it from there to the new rom's system, apps, set permissions, reboot...Done!

Ya might be able to find it on the market too??? Not sure???

Guest InSaiyanOne

Hey could someone up a link to the 3.5 rom. I'm still treading lightly with the 4.0 rom since it still restarts. Right now I have a backup of the last 3 roms (6/5/4) so I don't have to keep setting them up but since that seems to be the last truly stable release I'd like to have that one also as a backup.

Guest thebond007
Mr Bond.....8-)

If ya have root explorer, just open the .3.5 zip on ur sd card, system, apps, long press on google talk.apk, it will extract it, then just move it from there to the new rom's system, apps, set permissions, reboot...Done!

Ya might be able to find it on the market too??? Not sure???

thanks a lot cjsabaki!!! i couldn't find talk.apk in 3.5 but copied from other GB ROM and It worked :)

Guest PhrozenFear
Hey could someone up a link to the 3.5 rom. I'm still treading lightly with the 4.0 rom since it still restarts. Right now I have a backup of the last 3 roms (6/5/4) so I don't have to keep setting them up but since that seems to be the last truly stable release I'd like to have that one also as a backup.

There's a link to it in post #3 (my FAQ post, which sadly should be updated soon).