[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest jonnybx10

My device:

X10 0.3.0 TripnMiui IRIS

BB: 2.1.61

Stock kernel

Hey guys, JDB90 from xda here.

I was wondering... on froyo 1.5.0 there was a wifi fix by changing files in system folders that got it to go, would this not work for GB?? or does the file association completely change? i need wifi because there is some one us that HAVEN'T got UNLIMITED data plans... (1G) :D

Use ROOT EXPLORER

Wifi fix-

Paste and overwrite "libnetutils.so" into system/lib/

I have the file on my comp but i dunno if it will work or &*^% up my phone...

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Full signal after 3 crash system servers.

I like how data monitor is back!!

I like how spare parts was integrated... though i set more stuff using spare parts... not just spare parts settings! ( CPU performance, PID prioritizer, Compcache etc..)

Turned on Wifi, Booted from android screen... Wifi ERROR

Radio Signal @ No signal >> full signal >> no signal >> full signal... crashed system server 4 times now hopefully it stabalises

... Its trying really hard to get a signal... but its just not happening

Edited by jonnybx10

Guest Atanu89

TRIP!!!!

I am so excited to have found you!!

Yes the air does seem crisp here!!!

Hahaha!!

Downloading the MUCH MUCH anticipated Iris GB 0.3.0!!!

You guys have no idea how exciting this is!!!

Regards boys and girls,

Atanu

Guest theskeptic

Bugs. Selecting SMS from contacts list causes Messaging app to force close. In Messaging, SMS is sent but force closes on send.

Guest jonnybx10

Still no signal.. i am gonna revert back to 0.2.0 until BB problem (Radio signal) and wifi problem is fixed.

KNOWN BUG: Screen brightness goes full every now and then as usual :/

I was gonna test the sms force close but i aint had a network signal in 30 minutes...

Trip, everything else is awesome... just the little things that make the big things gooood

Guest CausalVisitor
could be that it's a loooooong way between too. I'm in australia..........maybe we have a look at where the problems with 67 or 61 are, pretty sure all Aussie people are havin trouble.

Is there any BB patch that will work with 67 or 61?

No this is not Oz specific. I am in India and struggling with the same issue. I have never had this issue with any other ROMs. Bad news is that even after Cobrato's BB patch I am still stuck. Cannot get radio signal. Maybe, I will try crash system server 10-15 times :D

Guest Ferrum Master

Mhrmm, is the install zip compatible with new xRec 1.0.0? It complains about the Amend scripting method. Did I mess something up, or it is normal?

Guest Atanu89

Ok first bug report:

TripnMiui .3.0

BB67

I have signal after following the instructions posted by ProzenFear on page one (thanks btw mate), and only had to crash system server once.

I have a theory that maybe this is resulting in dissconnecting radio/radio reboot due to the fact that it is a x10i baseband not x10a. This is only a theory, please do not flame me. I have an x10i and the radio is perfect with 3G and all.

Ok now for the bugs;

- as everyone has stated Wifi is a no go (not much of a problem for me yet)

- phone randomly rebooted whilst I was playing around with the settings but seems to have settled now (will report back again later as I have only had this rom for 1 hour now)

- The phone screen goes bright just before it auto locks (this can actually be over come by turning on the screen on and off animations - perfect!)

- AutoBrightness working!?!? Trip i dont know if this is part of the new changelog but it APPEARS that my auto brightness is working!!! I havent adjusted the brightness setting but when i went from a lighter room to a dimmer one the brightness auto adjusted...

As usual will keep playing around with this amazing piece of work.

Thanks so much for everything you do Trip.

Kind regards

Atanu

Guest Cloud1975
could be that it's a loooooong way between too. I'm in australia..........maybe we have a look at where the problems with 67 or 61 are, pretty sure all Aussie people are havin trouble.

I live in Golad Coast and I just flash BB67 ( Reboot with exisiting V1.5 trip ROM) + TripNMiUI 0.3.0 "Iris" Gingerbread! and Crash the system server once and it work. Signal is stable but WiFi is not working + When I try to play Music it FC, so I need to reboot. Other then that seem working fine.

:D Thanks Trip for his great work on Sony X10i

Guest Atanu89
hello TripNRaVeR when will the new verson out?

TripNArc arc@xperia 0.9? :D

Please my friend be patient, he is working his magic and please dont ruin the fresh air we got going at modaco :o :D

Guest basti2909

Radio signal works fine after 1 system server crash.. wifi wont work... any solutions yet? if not we have to wait for trip =)

Guest Xperia84

That could be the case, because bb.49/52 is workin for me but bad and seems to work perfect for you!

but if bb.54 is working better for you? can i confirm that it works perfect on this ROM to so i think

BB.54, 58, 61, 67 will work on this ROM try it out and see if it works for you.

Guest Zabihjan
nope : ( they dont

Nothing works for me with this rom

Everything works only wifi doesnt and app 2 sd doesnt work

the rom gets smoother every hour

Trip pls fix the wifi and app2sd and home button.... then this rom might become the retail version for se to release with camera fix

also the touch screen is not as smooth.

Edited by Zabihjan

Guest Ri2do

Hi Trip,

Thanks for the 0.3.0 release :D Looks really nice, the screen is sooooo crisp, amazing !

Ok, now the bugs:

Tired it on bb .67 - wifi error, no signal ( crashed the system server several times, didn't help), I noticed that the flight mode in setting/general keep switching on and off - this may be killing the signal ( had the same on ur froyo 1.4.0 and 1.5.0.)

Didn't tried it on Trip bb .61 cause i have no clue how to install it through flashtool (no tft files) :/ Anyone could give me a clear guide to this would be much appreciated.

At the moment I will go back to ur 0.2.0 version as I need wifi (no unlimited network plan :[ )

Thanks

Guest motorsportgod

In Gold Coast, went back to 0.2.0 on .49

couldn't get reception on new bb with 0.3.0 either sadly.... but im happy to wait.

Guest Zocker Tko

hi, im on TripNBB61 and flashed the 0.3.0 rom, crashed system server more as on time, but didnt help, signal drops.

wifi shows error

will try org BB61

I see every time on each rom with the radio hacks, i become allways hsdpa connection, without radio hack only 3g, at home.

Maybe a little idea, can you make a update/patch.zip what removed the radio hacks, for the people like me, who didnt get a stable signal?

For the people who says the new BB is not good in their area, have you try stock SE with new BB, only for testing?

(to see if the new bb is stable for you)

Guest Atanu89

ok guys been about 4hrs with tripnmiui 0.3.0 BB 67.

Firstly, fastest rom to have ever been flashed onto my x10... speed is actually insane!!!

anyways new bugs im afraid:

- i have radio untill i make a call or my phone rings. So i will be in a call, all fine, then when i hang up, no signal!

samething happens when someone calls me and then even if i miss/recieve the call, straight after no signal!!

this is fixed by painfully restarting the device (although tedious, i will get signal back... untill the next call)

anyways i still am obsessed with this screen and the speed!!!

I am trying to see how the battery holds up on BB67 as its meant to be better.

Will report back more findings.

thanks guys

Guest Atanu89

:D going back to 0.2.0 GB TripNMIUI...

Just realised for the last hour or so it is impossible for anyone to call me at all...

BB52 here i come untill trip does his magic aagain :D

Guest Zabihjan

follow op, and second post and do a fresh install

i did full wipe, then wiped cache partition, then dalvik cache, and battery stats. i took the battery out, inserted the battery back in. using flashtools, i flashed base band 67.

installed the rom, i let it turn on fully. after one restart, i did dev tools, crashed the system server and after fast reboot i got signal. then i restored all apps only (no data) using titanium backup.

apart from wifi and app 2 sd, this rom rocks... it gets smoother by the minute. the more u use it the smoother it gets.

Guest Zabihjan
:D going back to 0.2.0 GB TripNMIUI...

Just realised for the last hour or so it is impossible for anyone to call me at all...

BB52 here i come untill trip does his magic aagain :D

u r using the wrong baseband

read the post above u or the first two opening posts.

i can reicieve and make calls without any problem.

also go to call settings and turn on call recording it enables 3rd party calling applications if you have no dial tone.