[ROM] [08-08] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.5.2 & 1.2.4 Gingerbread! - NEW UPDATE FOR ROAD 2

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest highaltitude

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah fixed sms app ! :D

i have been trying all day to fix sms app in 1.2.4 deodexing, changing manifest all kind of s*** but the fix was simple ! :D download 1.2.1 extract mms.apk replace mms.apk in system/app with the one from 1.2.1 and fix permissions finally working :D i will make a flashable zip for everyone on 1.2.4

EDIT

i attached it please report back if it work for you

edit try again fixed zip

Or just flash the SMS fix via xRecovery posted by cobrato like 3 weeks ago. Worked for me! --> http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1177744

Edited by highaltitude

Guest shedrule

Ive looked through a good few pages, cant find anyone with my problem which is if I try to load apps from the market which ive paid for it does not allow me to download just offers to sell me the app. Can anyone help please. :(

Guest James Tran

@ TRIP

something wrong with microphone during video recording.... sound cracks and it sounds like it's set to theater mode...

i recoreded the below video ---> 1.2.4 , 720p (high 30m)

more cracking in the 2nd half of the video ...

hope it can be fixed.

anybody else having the same trouble , please tell here , so trip can confirm that it is present or not.... thanx ...

I have the same issue. Video recording sounds very bad compared to official ROM.

Hope Trip will fix it.

Guest alexandru.j91

Hello guys.. can u please tell me what is the battery status? how it drains ? at me it drained from 100% to 90% in just 10 minutes (in wich i talked 2 min. and i use 2 g network ,no wifi,no edge)

Guest kumayam
I wonder if someone can fix Torch and In build Screen Capture function.

It woulds be a complete ROM.

Download lgcamera from the market and torch works on this app...hope this helps

Guest drdownload

really, nobody else having troubles with sms? Sometime I get a single one, but most of them I sent from my other phone are just lost.

I'm on BB71 with 1.3.0

Guest Ginger5

I have tried this, and got stuck on the boot screen!

Now my phone is ringing (!?) but the "ANDROID"screen is stuck LOL...

I had to do a hard reset and on xRec do a restore of the latest backup!

:(

I want to have this, it's good to hide status clock.

@Trip: Can you port this if its not too much trouble please?

Guest jpminou

Been using 1.3 all the day,perfect,stable, fast, with no issues and no FCs.

Guys don't restore anything from previous roms and everything will be ok.

For wifi use static ip and done.

Thanx for the genius Trip,now we are on GB 2.3.5 . Edit: sometimes You will have FCs if you change languages so better to stay on the default English language. Edit 2: no more data disconnected.

Edited by jpminou

Guest hrm5023

Building 1.8.5 now

Very Nice! thats one of the things I def. value about you. Your Fast Actions!

Anyways, some of the things I hope you address in this issue:

Data Disconnects - High Priority

Font Change (theme manager) - Medium Priority

Extended Menu Settings (Centered Clock) - Low Priority

Not much I could think of since everything else is running quite well. Also the priority is just something from my perspective not forcing it onto you or anything.

Great to have you here!

~Chao

Guest cjsabaki

1.8.5 is the miui build number based on the date of release.....

Sweet!!! Trip, gotta say, I think 1.3 is the fastest n most stable build yet... 1.2.4 is waay nice, but there is something special bout 1.3..

Thanks for all the hours put in!!!

Chris

P.s.... Any work on D2W for our phones???

Guest TripNRaVeR

1.3.5 :blink:

awesome

1.8.5 miui version

data disconnect is allready solved read jp post above you

fonts do change in theme manager also reported to be working

Guest _astrall_

@TripNRaver

Simple observation about changing fonts. :)

MiUI uses "Arial" name fonts, while native Android uses "Droidsans" name fonts. (i know you know that :) )

Changing Droidsans, Droidsans-Bold, and Clocktopia fonts on system/fonts on native android, changes the font of the whole system (except those Arabic.)

Here's my point. :)

On your Froyo MiUI, changing ONLY, Arial.ttf, Aria-bold.ttf and Clocktopia.ttf on system/fonts (whether manual or recovery zip), changes the font of the whole system. :)

While on your GB MiUI (i used 1.2.1 and 1.2.4), changing those three files (Arial, Arial-Bold, Clocktopia) DOES NOT change the font of the system, BUT if I change ALL the fonts in system/fonts (except ONLY Arabic) the font of the system changes now. :)

So my observation is, maybe your GB MiUI (or maybe all GB MiUI) uses fonts not on Arial, Arial-Bold, Clocktopia name, maybe the system is linked in other fonts in the system/fonts. :)

TripNRaVeR, Just want to share my observation. Your rom is perfect. Thanks for the hardwork, keep it up. :)