[Project] "TripNDroid-Iris" [30-05 - Development stage]

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Siddhesh21
Guys, come on!

The ideas above me would be sooo annoying after a while.

"Look for the small pigeon, i may have an email.."

I would like again, as in MIUI, a mix beetween all the leading phone OS. :D

Well the Ideas Above and the one below u are not forced that u should use it. Whats the use of a UI which is a mix of all UI. THink of something unique, the Idea I proposed is something that can change the whole Android UI.

IF u don't like it, I can have many more ideas. The day u see that UI come true, U gonna love it.

Cuz it is Unique, colourful and Nature friendly.

Second thing This Idea is for Trip, if he likes, then he can Mod it in his way, and everyone knows, EVERYONE Even the one who Hates Trip, like His work.

I m sure U hate the UI because it is my Concept, if it had been Trip accepts it, then u will automatically accept it too. :o

Good Night my friend. :D

Guest PeterRock
Well the Ideas Above and the one below u are not forced that u should use it. Whats the use of a UI which is a mix of all UI. THink of something unique, the Idea I proposed is something that can change the whole Android UI.

IF u don't like it, I can have many more ideas. The day u see that UI come true, U gonna love it.

Second thing This Idea is for Trip, if he likes, then he can Mod it in his way, and everyone knows, EVERYONE Even the one who Hates Trip, like His work.

I m sure U hate the UI because it is my Concept, if it had been Trip accepts it, then u will automatically accept it too. :D

I liked the ideia of GAIA, especially the home screen.

I don't think they would be annoying but a little too heavy.

Maybe Trip could make it smoother, idk.

Let the ideas continue to come! :o

Guest a1exander

I m sure U hate the UI because it is my Concept, if it had been Trip accepts it, then u will automatically accept it too. :o

Wut? Your idea isnt decided yet right? I can still say what I like/dont like. :D

Have some nice stuff in photoshop. :( You'll see..

Guest dogwoofer

Whilst the whole 'nature UI' is an interesting concept I really don't think its suitable for a smartphone.

It would be a nightmare to code, and can you imagine the battery life with all those animations going on constantly?

The ideal 2011 smartphone UI has to be simple, quick and intuitive - i think the idea that 'less is more' is definitely prevalent when creating a UI

Guest Lauri455
Whilst the whole 'nature UI' is an interesting concept I really don't think its suitable for a smartphone.

It would be a nightmare to code, and can you imagine the battery life with all those animations going on constantly?

This

The ideal 2011 smartphone UI has to be simple, quick and intuitive - i think the idea that 'less is more' is definitely prevalent when creating a UI

MiUI concept is pretty good imo. It's both fancy looking and quick/intuitive, and we should keep it that way. I didn't pay 400€ for my shiny smartphone to have black squares and white lines on it :3

Guest Siddhesh21
Wut? Your idea isnt decided yet right? I can still say what I like/dont like. :D

Have some nice stuff in photoshop. :D You'll see..

Friend, its nothing like U NEED TO WHAT U LIKE AND DON'T LIKE.

Trip made this Thread for ideas, not for Liking or Disliking Ideas.

If anyone body dislikes my Idea, no need to tell that the concept is nightmare or what else, just tell me what u think can't be done or what is not needed, I will reply on a substitue for it.

Guest Siddhesh21

Will it be nightmare to code big image widgets????? Just like other widgets (some are big too) U will have trees, land, sea and everything else.

Regarding the Battery Life, you can always have an option to turn off the animations to save ur battery. and not more images will keep moving constantly, U can choose which image to be added and removed and which ones to move and which not.

There is ALWAYS a WAY if want to succeed.

and Regarding ur Ideal 2011 Smartphone UI to be simple, I really don't like it simple. Did U ever like SE's UI? The same homescreens, the same old widgets, the same icons in every UI. Just the matter of changing theme doesn't make u feel that u have a different UI than the other, do u?

If u say quick, It depends on how u customize it, every UI gives u option to customize it for ur own liking, so will this one.

Guest FOTW
Will it be nightmare to code big image widgets????? Just like other widgets (some are big too) U will have trees, land, sea and everything else.

Regarding the Battery Life, you can always have an option to turn off the animations to save ur battery. and not more images will keep moving constantly, U can choose which image to be added and removed and which ones to move and which not.

There is ALWAYS a WAY if want to succeed.

and Regarding ur Ideal 2011 Smartphone UI to be simple, I really don't like it simple. Did U ever like SE's UI? The same homescreens, the same old widgets, the same icons in every UI. Just the matter of changing theme doesn't make u feel that u have a different UI than the other, do u?

If u say quick, It depends on how u customize it, every UI gives u option to customize it for ur own liking, so will this one.

The problem with your UI is that its overly complicated. Its not that its hard to code or anything like that but the idea for a UI is simple and clean ways to access the contents on your phone. Small intricate things that your UI has won't appeal to the vast majority of people. It's why the iPhone took of. The simple UI appeals to the average user. We may not be the average user, but we are still users. Clean and simple will always be better.

Also I have some pretty decent Photoshop skills and working towards programming, so I try and offer my services where I can.

Guest Mortyx10

Siddhesh21 just gave me an inspiration for an idea....Smart Theme Manager....for example "Time Smart" or "location Smart"....I mean for example when its night the theme manager changes everything to a night theme and vice versa...or location smart is when for example you enter home the theme changes to home and your wife's picture goes on the background and when you go to your girfriend's house, your girlfriend's picture would be selected as wallpaper...lol

Guest 6riku6

I think this sounds like a great idea I love the Sentio UI. The simplicity is the thing to go for I think. The more simple the easier it is for updates and themes.

Guest gogogu

why do people keep posting links to e-bay in their posts, it is not a place to advertise things, just gets annoying

Edited by Lancez

Guest Lancez

post deleted, all posts contains e-bay link will be deleted without notice. we have an e-bay section in the forum, please post there.

Guest wali01x
This ROM should be a smooth and fast one, don't need too much 3D animations in the launcher.

I like the MIUI theme manager, file manager and music app.

But we need option of add/remove widgets from the notification bar (like CM) and use the volume buttons to change music when the screen's off.

And, if possible, the SE 2.1 stock camera apk.

I'm not a DEV or a Photoshopper but i wish to help giving ideas and testing the releases. C:

+1

Guest Abrar bHaI

Sentio UI is the best.

Its simple

Its attractive

Its good looking for x10

Its graphical interface is pretty awesome

cm=> MIUI => TripNDroid...........

Guest Lauri455

Update, folks!

• Music widget

• date/time/carrier reorganized

• battery indicator would be the padlock itself, but in different colors (green = 100-75%, blue = 74-30%, red = 29-1%)

Edit #1:

And oh, have few ideas for home screen (aka launcher), will be working on this in near future.

post-892792-1306944951_thumb.png

post-892792-1306944965_thumb.png

Edited by Lauri455

Guest Neel007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcxurPUdkg0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au_uRmoy8Fs [ at 00:30 a multitasking feature, may be we can put it by long press back key]

[at 00:59 the only thing i wanted to show is photo gallery]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IshHkcl5_g...feature=related

[not too good but maybe some part of it can be used somewhere]

these videos are just for rough ideas, i know that many of them are not supported by our CPU & GPU. But any part of the videos can be useful for creating something new.

the features i really want to have are:-

1. good multitasking feature that none of the android device have... like one in windows mango 7

2. Integration of SWIPEPAD [An android app, if dont know thn download it to see what it can do.] . We can use swipepad area to add some useful widgets like CPU ,RAM ,battery , applications that you use the most , settings , small music widget , small FB widget[with some small buttons that lead you to message or chat etc] or anything else that you would like to put. Likewise , if you are browsing internet and you dont want to close the browser but want to see or use any of the above inbetween , you can simply do it anytime...... And maybe we can make some good UI to use this feature.

3. Good applicaton launcher... I really dont like the app's on my homescreen like MIUI ... We can put App launcher like ARC's photo widget..not that much small but it will cover the full screen... just scroll apps. on whatever app you reach , you will see the detail of that app. click --> to open .... By long press ---> features like Open , Uninstall , Move to SD card , clear cache etc etc. And above all that - All app , Favorites , Recently used [ like in HTC sense 3.0] but it can be switched by swipe left or swipe right like that ... not by clicking on them. but the main thing is this might be not practical because we will need a quite big icon for every app.

4.Homescreen- -- i dont really have any idea what can be changed but there must be at least 5 * 4 space instead of 4 *4 like in MIUI or may be customizable.

5.Themes. -- highly customizable... Like i was able to do in my windows mobile few years back. Every component of the OS can have option to choose color. like i want my music player white , black or pink. so we dont need to find a pink theme to make my music player pink. just an example. We can relate whole framework into an application that can do this customization. No need for online theme like in MIUI. [i will close my thread of MIUI themes if this feature got added LOL.. kidding]

6. Lockscreen - MIUI 2.3 locksreen is good enough but if we can add more feature like in the remaining area we can put small icons for calender , calculator , recent messages, recent FB updates or anything for what you dont want to unlock your phone... By clicking those icon it will pop-up a small window and will show a relative feature like calender or calculator on the lockscreen itself. if you need privacy for messages integrate a lock code other then normal one that will just unlock your pop up window but not the phone.

7 Contacts - Integration of messeges , fb updates , flickr , gmail . All in one in a most useful way. SOMEWHAT LIKE IN 3rd VIDEO ABOVE

These are not kind of some UI but the features.

On the base of this features I think we can make a whole new UI. now that is not my work as I am not related to any part of developing in any aspect because I am a medical student. so I can give only ideas nothing more.

I will post here , if i will get some more better idea...

And the most important thing If you dont like my idea , then I dont care. I am not going to answer anyone here who will say - hey man, what the stupid idea, or nothing new or not up to the mark or this is impossible... Better dont spam this thread .. i have seen it above that's why saying.

Think yourself and give better ideas .. That is the aim of this project. the best and most practical idea will be used at last.

ok good bye for now I am going to study otorhinolaryngology

Edited by Neel007

Guest TripNRaVeR

Nice to see there comes input from other people. Also there are some good idea's here, i try to make an short list of all what is posted and then we need to vote on things so that the best things will be added to the OP.

Guest Neel007
Nice to see there comes input from other people. Also there are some good idea's here, i try to make an short list of all what is posted and then we need to vote on things so that the best things will be added to the OP.

ya that is the good idea... more ppl come up with more ideas , we can have more options to select which is best....

Guest Siddhesh21
It's a good thing you guys have geniuses like this guy working on the project, will REALLY help it come to realization

How much do u earn from the XDA to create nuisance in other people's work?

Are u people afraid of Trip, cuz he is upto something very BIG?

Are u scared of HIM cuz he ported Bravia on our X10 and soon there won't be anyone left using Z, J's rom. Is this all about fear in XDA just by TRIP's TERROR?

If u are a XDA member and got no respect (just like everyone there) then stay out of it.

I won't tolerate disrespecting TRIP and anyone who follows HIM.

Hope U find some delicious a** over there. GOOD LUCK.

Moderators can U please BLOCK -pilot. he is here just for creating NUISANCE.

Thanks.

Guest Lauri455

Hi there! Launcher concept is here :D

No awesome graphics this time, made it fastest as possible, I'm tired like hell.

Anyway, launcher features:

• up to 9 homescreens

- swipe up, right, down or left to access screen of your choise

• thin statusbar

• classic Android toolbar

- swipe up or click to open appdrawer

- max 7 icons on toolbar (who would want more?)

- screen-id icon* always centered

- toolbar will always justify icons (like MIUI launcher)

• AppDrawer

- Draws apps horizontally

- swipe left for search (google, youtube etc.)

- swipe right for toggles (wifi, bluetooth, data, sync etc.)

• apps can occupy screens (Xperia X1 style)

- both user and system apps can do it (they will be maximized, no shortcuts/wigdets would be placeable)

- only one app per screen

• long press HOME to display screen selection

• short press HOME to move to default screen

• choose your default screen

• on-screen icons sorting (manual placement, name sorting, most used, recently installed and that kind of things)

• ... and all other things I forgot to mention :D

* explanation for "screen-id icon":

• opens app-drawer

• shows available screens

- empty white square: the screen is empty (or not configured)

- filled white square: your typical screen; icons, widgets can be placed there

- gray square: the screen is occupied by system app (like calendar or music player, web browser, whatever)

- black square: the screen is occupied by user app (could be a game or whatever)

- transparent "H" on the square means that's your default screen

- the shiny square shows on which screen you're at the moment

Attachment #1: Homescreen - toolbar, statusbar:

post-892792-1306967205_thumb.png

Attachment #2: AppDrawer - Apps:

post-892792-1306967211_thumb.png

Attachment #3: AppDrawer - Search:

post-892792-1306967216_thumb.png

Attachment #4: AppDrawer - Toggles:

post-892792-1306967223_thumb.png

Attachment #5: Screen selection (press "H' to set that screen as your default; forgot to include "remove" button):

post-892792-1306967229_thumb.png

Edited by Lauri455

Guest Neel007

ok guys.. got some new idea...

Here we use multitouch on any homescreen to initiate this....

Normally I dont use multitouch to see overview of all homescreen.I press home button two times

So instead of that , we can put something like this... --->

[sorry I am not good at designing , so just did from whatever i know]

when you do multitouch inwards , it will bring you this , and outwards , it will bring you back to HS , or we can have back button at bottom

Swipe the arrow in corresponding direction , simply....to open it.

EDIT:-

The respective window can be made like it is attached to the end of that arrow thing. E.g.- when we swipe settings on left side, the settings window will come up like it's attached with the end of that arrow. like the animations of swiping HS. I hope u understand.. [d**n, it 's difficult to elaborate what I think, lol] ..

picture1fh.png

GOOD NIGHT

Edited by Neel007