Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800

Guest That-Guy

Guest skifyr123

Looks like the "mount USB storage" is only for external sdcards, I got the same error when i took out mine. I think the easiest way is just to buy a sdcard ;)

edit. in CWM, try to wipe data/cache/dalvik and reebot.

Edited by skifyr123

Guest the32bits

Okay, I'll buy an external SD-card and install a custom ROM. Thank you very, very much!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

EDIT: Still the same error after wiping and rebooting, so I guess I need a SD-card.

Edited by the32bits

Yup you will need an SD card to install ROMs and to use the phone properly with all features

Depend the rom you want to install.

If you install Void #eridanus (the best one in my oppinnion) or MIUI 1.8.26 you wont need the SD card.

THe first one is just like stock rom and the 2nd one you get to choose internal or external storage after the install process

Guest ogilviea

...Huawei seems to have changed the links so the ones on the Modaco Wiki don't work at the moment.

My U8800 arrived today - woohoo! Are there any alternative links to download the latest firmware?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fozzedout

In anticipation I've been getting everything ready for a straight move into Miui - however, I noted something that isn't in the "guide":

Kernel Update, important if you're not using francisofranco's kernel

Now, does that mean that I have to install the kernel separately, if so, how?

It doesn't make any sense to me - I thought that the ROM contains the kernel?

Hi,

On your sig you say you use:

ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.5 and Rom: Android 2.3.5 - MIUI 1.9.9 with Kernel: 2.6.32.9 (by franco)

On the 1st page (guide) you point ClockworkMod Recovery to v4.0.0.5. Could you please update the link to 4.0.1.5?

Also, maybe a link to or howto update franco's kernel?

Btw, is there any update to superboot img?

I followed your guide and I'm using FLB custom ROM. Loving it. But I would like to try MIUI (maybe the best U8800's gbread 2.3.5?) and I'm having some doubts concerning the backup process of my current settings/apps installed.

Thanks a bunch.

Yes will be updating this guide at the weekend hopefully, have lots to add to it :)

That's great!

Btw, is it possible to use both internal and external sd card in any android OS version?

Guest Liquidator

I ordered my Ideos x5 last Friday on Ebay, with e_cell. Yesterday I got the message my phone was dispatched, I just checked at RoyalMail tracking, and it should arrive within a week (I live in the Netherlands). So they're not that slow :)

Guest Fozzedout

Well, thanks to this guide, I have:

Flashed the latest firmware (note, this has to be done first! If you use the Superboot & ClockworkMod first, it will overwrite them!)

Then installed Superboot & ClockworkMod

Then installed Miui 1.9.16

and finally Franco's Kernel

All in all - sweeeeet!

Thanks That-Guy!

Well, thanks to this guide, I have:

Flashed the latest firmware (note, this has to be done first! If you use the Superboot & ClockworkMod first, it will overwrite them!)

Then installed Superboot & ClockworkMod

Then installed Miui 1.9.16

and finally Franco's Kernel

All in all - sweeeeet!

Thanks That-Guy!

lololololol

1. You can install the latest firmware even having the CWM and Superboot installed. No problem at all.

I did that in the beggining of the month when I sent my mobile for repair. I had to install a stock rom just in case.

This proccedure will clean any previous CWM and Superboot...

2. Why you installed the lates firmware by the way????

Edited by PJ77

Guest Fozzedout
2. Why you installed the lates firmware by the way????

When I downloaded Miui, it recommended to install the Franco kernel. So it's on. Since then there has been a release that removes the advice of the Franco kernel. I'll be installing that later ;)

Edited by Fozzedout

When I downloaded Miui, it recommended to install the Franco kernel. So it's on. Since then there has been a release that removes the advice of the Franco kernel. I'll be installing that later ;)

sorry m8 you are not making any sens at all and I can't understand you this way

Guest Liquidator

So, my Ideos X5 arrived yesterday! I put the latest ROM on, installed recovery and rooted, and applied some other tweaks I found in this topic. Thanks! I love the phone, it definitely its a huge improvement over my old ACER liquid.

I was also wandering if there's a tweak for the GPS.I noticed that when you turn on GPS, a-GPS has to be turned on individually (and some warning message has to be clicked away).Is there a way to turn a-GPS on automatically?

Guest Liquidator

For me, the link worked.. I had to try twice though, got an error the first time.

Did someone already flash it? Any changes noted?

Also, I was wondering if the first post on this topic is going to be updated.. it seems to be quite outdated atm.

[EDIT] I just noted that this ROM is for the U8800 Pro, so I wonder if it will work on the older non-pro model.. be careful flashing!

That link is not working.

Also is nothing there in the support page of the device:

http://www.huaweidev...uctId=3547&tb=0

Edited by Liquidator

For me, the link worked.. I had to try twice though, got an error the first time.

Did someone already flash it? Any changes noted?

Also, I was wondering if the first post on this topic is going to be updated.. it seems to be quite outdated atm.

[EDIT] I just noted that this ROM is for the U8800 Pro, so I wonder if it will work on the older non-pro model.. be careful flashing!

For what I could see this is for the Huawei U8800 Pro which is U8800H and ours is U8800, but not pro.