[Kernel] ! 16/6 FreeKernel mod 3.51 - Eclair, FroYO, GB, MIUI!

Guest a1exander

Guest kr3g3r

Don't know if anyone tried on Trips miui gb 0.1.8......... (his best one still)......... but if not...... DONT!!!!

had to unbrick........ had to redo everything for the first time since November

Guest blingsta

everything (including camcorder) works on Trip's froyo 1.6.5, baseband 52 (no patch) with 3.47 kernel

EDIT: Phone also goes into deep sleep and no UV at 128MHz issue either...

Edited by blingsta

Guest ceskius

I try this on trip rom 1.6.5 and everything hangs. No signal, rom is rebot on every 1 min, xrecovery delete when install this kernel, memory card not work. Thanks god to flashtool, install xrecovery and then rewrite rom.

Guest vinfred
I try this on trip rom 1.6.5 and everything hangs. No signal, rom is rebot on every 1 min, xrecovery delete when install this kernel, memory card not work. Thanks god to flashtool, install xrecovery and then rewrite rom.

did you use the correct one? i mean the one Mod for MIUI.

Guest dwl99

I'm a noob when it comes to flashing kernels - can someone please confirm a couple of things?

On my X10i I have baseband 2.1.54, kernel 2.6.29 and CM6v7. To use the new kernel I need to flash cm6bb49.zip with xrecovery to downgrade the bb to 52, reboot, then flash CMFix_v6_v61.zip the same way. After that I flash the 3.5 kernel with xrecovery. It that all correct?

Will I lose any of my CM6v7 stuff by doing this? Is any wipe necessary before doing it?

Thanks a lot!

Guest ceskius
For those with this kernel that have problems with MIUI, try the MIUI version added to the OP. ;)

Thanks man, I try this mod now :P

Guest ngocbeo90

i'm on Trip MIUI 1.6.5 with BB .52, using kernel v3.47 (for fully working camera and camcoder).

everything i tested works well, but i met trouble with theme manager.

i try to change to another theme (this theme had worked for me before on stock kernel), but after reboot, it's still the default theme come with kernel 3.47.

anyone can tell me how to change theme,please :S

Edited by ngocbeo90

Guest WhiteKnight0095

Sorry = =" i got problem here,just now try flash bb52 via flashtool,power on phone~into xrecovery~* Factory Reset* Wipe Cache PartitionAdvance Options --> Wipe Dalvik Cache* Advance Options --> Wipe Battery Stats~* Install Custom Zip~MIUI xperia TripNRaVeR v1.6.5(= =")reboot~phone got signail~so i not need install patch~direct reboot phone~*xrecovery~install custom zip~FreeKernel-mod350-froyo~reboot~problem come~phone no signal~system fc~no memory found~try dev tools - bad behavior - crash system server....same still got problem with it~now my phone can not boot into xrecovery....please some one help me+solution ;)

Guest SourceCode
Sorry = =" i got problem here,just now try flash bb52 via flashtool,power on phone~into xrecovery~* Factory Reset* Wipe Cache PartitionAdvance Options --> Wipe Dalvik Cache* Advance Options --> Wipe Battery Stats~* Install Custom Zip~MIUI xperia TripNRaVeR v1.6.5(= =")reboot~phone got signail~so i not need install patch~direct reboot phone~*xrecovery~install custom zip~FreeKernel-mod350-froyo~reboot~problem come~phone no signal~system fc~no memory found~try dev tools - bad behavior - crash system server....same still got problem with it~now my phone can not boot into xrecovery....please some one help me+solution ;)

If you cannot even get into XRecovery then I would suggest just flashing the Stock SE ROM using SE Update Service > Repair tool.

Alternatively just use flash tool and flash one of the SE Generic ROMs. Then you'll need to do all the rooting process again. That is:

- install SE Generic firmware (ROM) using flashtool (I think you can get it from here -http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928343)

- Root your phone

- install XRecovery

- install your Custom ROM

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Guest atintan

Possible bug?

I am using trip froyo 1.65, kernel 3.50, bb.49 from Trip too.

When I tried to backup my sms from go sms pro, my phone just freezed out and I had to take off the battery and restart. Now the phone is ok and working.

Guest hirox10

You can use FreeKernel-mod350-fix1-miui221.zip instead of FreeKernel-mod350-froyo. This is camcorder bug fixed version for TripNMiUI 1.6.5.

Guest s0ci0

The 3.50 miui mod kernel with tripnmiui 1.6.5 is BLAZING FAST. And stable as sh*t. I would recommend anyone to use this kernel because this is unbelievable. Oh and btw. i am on tripnbb .49 and everything works just fine.

Guest WhiteKnight0095
If you cannot even get into XRecovery then I would suggest just flashing the Stock SE ROM using SE Update Service > Repair tool.

Alternatively just use flash tool and flash one of the SE Generic ROMs. Then you'll need to do all the rooting process again. That is:

- install SE Generic firmware (ROM) using flashtool (I think you can get it from here -http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928343)

- Root your phone

- install XRecovery

- install your Custom ROM

Hope this helps. Cheers.

thanks for the solution,problem solved~

Guest UltimateGeppie

Just installed this kernel on Trip's 1.6.5 with BB .49

Works without a flaw, but I'm back on stock. Here's why i won't use it....

Doesn't have camcorder

Don't want to use Setcpu as Trip stated not to use it.

When launcher is configured to use True Colors, it won't show background

I am not noticing any difference, so i don't feel the need to use it.

But it works, good job!

Guest WhiteKnight0095
Just installed this kernel on Trip's 1.6.5 with BB .49

Works without a flaw, but I'm back on stock. Here's why i won't use it....

Doesn't have camcorder

Don't want to use Setcpu as Trip stated not to use it.

When launcher is configured to use True Colors, it won't show background

I am not noticing any difference, so i don't feel the need to use it.

But it works, good job!

You can use FreeKernel-mod350-fix1-miui221.zip instead of FreeKernel-mod350-froyo. This is camcorder bug fixed version for TripNMiUI 1.6.5.<<<thanks to hirox10