[Kernel] ! 16/6 FreeKernel mod 3.51 - Eclair, FroYO, GB, MIUI!

Guest a1exander

Guest dwl99

Do you flash the kernel with xrecovery or flashtool? Can I flash it on top of an existing CM6v7 installation without losing anything?

Edited by dwl99

Guest a1exander
Do you flash the kernel with xrecovery or flashtool? Can I flash it on top of an existing CM6v7 installation without losing anything?

You flash it with xRecovery. Yes you can flash it on top of an ROM, and nothing will dissapear. But make a backup before just in case! ;)

Guest dwl99
You flash it with xRecovery. Yes you can flash it on top of an ROM, and nothing will dissapear. But make a backup before just in case! ;)

Thanks, will give it a go. What are the main advantages (& disadvantages?) of the 3.5 custom kernel?

Guest a1exander
Thanks, will give it a go. What are the main advantages (& disadvantages?) of the 3.5 custom kernel?

FPS is uncapped, and CPU overclocked. Everything is soo much smoother/faster. ;) I dont think there are many disadvantages with this custom kernel, maybe a little battery drain, but not much. :P

Higher call volume isnt that bad either! :D

Guest rrusso

I tried to put the kernel in Trips 1.6.9 but didnt work...

I think he made the rom incompatible with custom kernels...

Going back to 1.5.6 or 1.6.5 ;)

Edited by rrusso

Guest vinfred
I tried to put the kernel in Trips 1.6.9 but didnt work...

I think he made the rom incompatible with custom kernels...

Going back to 1.5.6 or 1.6.5 ;)

+1 here same.....no luck trying.All FC can't even hit the shutdown button as all the FC windows block my way...

Guest lzyllp

If someone have camcorder FC

please update to 350.1 kernel it fix this problem it work fine with me

Edited by lzyllp

Guest ripp2003

I use the 3.50 kernel with 1.6.5 and Wahou, it 's good.

Actually, don't find any reason to return to stock ;)

-> battery seems to be good (deep sleep ok so great)

-> overclock ok

-> camera photo ok

-> camcoder ok (very happy to record video)

-> gps

-> 3g

no crash since 24 hours

Best firmware ever made

Guest jdelmejor
You can use FreeKernel-mod350-fix1-miui221.zip instead of FreeKernel-mod350-froyo. This is camcorder bug fixed version for TripNMiUI 1.6.5.

Hi, If I install rom TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.6.9 Froyo and "FreeKernel-mod350-fix1-miui221.zip", Can I have baseband 67? or I would have that install fix baseband?

Ah, if I install this kernel, Can I change CPU for 1 GHz? (To consume less battery).

Sorry for my bad inglish, I am Spanish ;) .

Thx.

Edited by jdelmejor

Guest Repulsa
Hi, If I install rom TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.6.9 Froyo and "FreeKernel-mod350-fix1-miui221.zip", Can I have baseband 67? or I would have that install fix baseband?

Ah, if I install this kernel, Can I change CPU for 1 GHz? (To consume less battery).

Thx.

If you check around people already tried on trip 1.6.9 and it doesnt work but for me im using 1.6.5 bb49 and FreeKernel-mod350-fix1 ,its hella fast no problem at all its been 13 hours and 58 minutes 22 sec and my battery is 86%

@a1exander ,@Tkygmr

Big update , were's the kernel351 for MIUI Yo :P kiddin

Edited by Repulsa

Guest jdelmejor
If you check around people already tried on trip 1.6.9 and it doesnt work but for me im using 1.6.5 bb49 and FreeKernel-mod350-fix1 ,its hella fast no problem at all its been 13 hours and 58 minutes 22 sec and my battery is 86%

@a1exander ,@Tkygmr

Big update , were's the kernel351 for MIUI Yo ;) kiddin

Ok, but it baseban 49 is very old, no? I have baseband 61, I donwgrade a baseband 49 or 61 is best?

WHICH BASEBAND IS BETTER?

Thx.

Guest Sharaz

I have installed 3.51 kernel on trip 1.6.5 and it seems to be working fine but i can't seem to download stuff from phone it says not enough memory available i have got 4 gb free memory

Guest UltimateGeppie

Ok thanx.

But still i do not not5ice any benfits (but that's just my situattion).

Therfore I'm ok with Trip's kernel.

Thanx anyway, your help is appreciated.

You can use FreeKernel-mod350-fix1-miui221.zip instead of FreeKernel-mod350-froyo. This is camcorder bug fixed version for TripNMiUI 1.6.5.<<<thanks to hirox10

Guest hirox10

Thx.

"FreeKernel-mod350-fix1-miui221.zip" can NOT be used for TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.6.9. and FreeKernel-mod351-miui222.zip for TripNMiUI 1.6.5 has come. but this can NOT be used for 1.6.9 too.

Guest BuglyAstard
i tried 1.6.5 with 3.5 kernel (bb52) and i had WiFi problem after installing kernel (error when on)

is it fixed now?

That is fixed or prevented by doing this. Install custom rom, turn on wifi do not connect. Reboot and install the kernel, no problems here. Im about to try 351, but since I dont want to do a fresh install of the rom Im hoping theres no problem. If so, Im going to select forget for my wifi passwords, go back to stock kernel, turn on wifi, then install 351.

Guest BuglyAstard

Im using enoloks xshinybread with great success. The new 351 kernel is working flawlessly aside from native tethering and camera zoom, usual 2.2 quarks no big deal. Im using .52 baseband, and previously had 350 kernel installed. Here is my install procedure

1) backed up my wifi passwords, then "forgot" all of them so that when I turn wifi on it doesnt connect.

2)back to stock kernel, not sure it needs to be done, better safe than sorry.

3)after reboot with stock kernel, I turned on wifi but did not connect to network, reboot..

4)Wipe dalvic cache, install 351 kernel and reboot. For some reason it was still on stock kernel after reboot but one more install of kernel without dalvic wipe and it works.

By default it was set at 998mhz, I restored my setcpu and cranked it up to max 1152 and this thing flies!! It was a little laggy for about 5 minutes but after a reboot super smooth!! Getting a little warm (45c) but I have an otter box case and everything turned on (gps, wifi, bluetooth, 3g, etc.) I suggest making a profile setcpu if you use it for battery temp at 50c or whatever to crank down the cpu.

Linpack 38.7!!

quadrant 1496

Guest SourceCode
"FreeKernel-mod350-fix1-miui221.zip" can NOT be used for TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.6.9. and FreeKernel-mod351-miui222.zip for TripNMiUI 1.6.5 has come. but this can NOT be used for 1.6.9 too.

Hell0 -

Can you please tell me where did you get "FreeKernel-mod351-miui222.zip" from?

Thanks.

Guest hirox10
Hell0 -

Can you please tell me where did you get "FreeKernel-mod351-miui222.zip" from?

Thanks.

I have made FreeKernel-mod*-miui*.zip. and uploaded to MediaFire.

Guest SourceCode
I have made FreeKernel-mod*-miui*.zip. and uploaded to MediaFire.

Ah great! Its working absolutely fine with TripNMiUI 1.6.9.

Thank you.