☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

First of all thanks for this ROM, i've been using it for a long time staying up to date with the versions and i love it, but i have a problem: calling kills way too much battery in my case.

For example tonight a call of about 30-40mins ate more than half of the battery, making the phone shut down. Maybe other people mentioned it, or not? Anybody noticed that? A solution? (I'm on 1.9.1 right now)

Reporting:

Just updated to 1.9.2 and no Metal Camera after check "Use Metal Camera app" in LNP.

Update without wipe.

I have to thank you guys the nice work that you are doing! :)

Guest Mythrix

I got a problem that the home button doesn't go to the home screen anymore with 1.9.1 and 1.9.2. Is that because I flashed on top of the old update? I'll try flashing 1.9.2 on a clean ROM tonight if I get time, didn't have enough time yesterday. Went back to 1.8 for now.

Guest Zawardo1000

I'm using 1.8 and i'm happy with swap+v6 superscript with kaerry settings.

I would like to try installing 1.9.2, and i know i have to use sdman instead of a2sdgui to enable ext-sd and swap...

But do i need any script to tweak ram for the swap like the old v6 superscript?

Guest TheShak

What's new in this version 1.9.2 than th previous 1.9.1? thx :)

From the webiste changelog

"1.9.2

⊕ (Improved) Added a new script in /system/etc/init.d that executes scripts in /data/lnpscripts: no more lnp preferences loss after update

⊕ (Improved) New LNP icon in Settings menu

⊕ (Fixed) Microphone low level (thanks rithchen)

⊕ (Fixed) Missing camera app issue

"

I'm using 1.8 and i'm happy with swap+v6 superscript with kaerry settings.

I would like to try installing 1.9.2, and i know i have to use sdman instead of a2sdgui to enable ext-sd and swap...

But do i need any script to tweak ram for the swap like the old v6 superscript?

In sdman set "supertasking" in lowmem and swappy "30", better than v6 supercharged. Under cmsettings/performance enable all (16 bit, home and SMS in memory ...) now liquid A1 flying ;-)

Guest ManniX.ita

I fixed all problems of reboots, radio resets, market reboots, slowdowns etc with the good old method: uninstalling Facebook app.

Still have some minor bugs but beside that it's working great! Thx Suxsem & thepasto

Guest Zawardo1000

In sdman set "supertasking" in lowmem and swappy "30", better than v6 supercharged. Under cmsettings/performance enable all (16 bit, home and SMS in memory ...) now liquid A1 flying ;-)

great :)

thank you!!

Guest devilishone

So far, apart from the issue I was having with market, which was my issue (had to change the phone language to english (canada) instead of american since I'm in Canada and apparently that was causing market to bomb), the battery life is still worse than with 1.8.2.

The great improvements are the fact that there's a huge amount of internal memory free now compared to before. Also I setup the sd-ext and although I've given it way more space than it needs it works great.

Great job as always guys.

Update: While out today using Endomondo, I did have a couple of times whilst I was stopped in a store (endomondo paused) and the phone shut itself off. Now I was in a low signal area of the store (it really sucks for signal in there) but I have no obvious reason as to why it shut ifself off the first time. However the second time which happened very soon after the first was after I tried to upload the data from endomondo to the internet.

Edited by devilishone

Guest dimitrisKM

Hello and congratulations for the hard work in this rom. It's nice having the latest cyanogen to our liquid!

Which is the ideal settings for maximum speed-better battery time for

swap: I saw 256mb somewhere in the forum is this ok?

swapiness?

Compcache?

v6 supercharger script?

There are too many values to test so please sb heeeeeeeeeeelp!!

Edited by dimitrisKM

Guest Mythrix

I got a problem that the home button doesn't go to the home screen anymore with 1.9.1 and 1.9.2. Is that because I flashed on top of the old update? I'll try flashing 1.9.2 on a clean ROM tonight if I get time, didn't have enough time yesterday. Went back to 1.8 for now.

Indeed flashing 1.9.2 on a clean ROM helped, now the home button works properly again! Argh but again I forgot to make a Nandroid backup of the clean ROM so I don't need to connect my phone to the PC next time I do an upgrade! :(

Oh well, at least it works now. :)

Edit: Crap, market seems to crash within seconds every time I load it up. :(

Edited by Mythrix

Guest lufthund

I'm curious about all the good feedback on this version.

My Liquid E worked wonderfully on 1.8 except for sleep of death and sometimes hangs on reboot.

With 1.9.2 my phone seems to be permanently stuck in molasses, it's sooo slow, more often than not when I press the home key I get the message "force close"/"wait" from Go launcher Ex. Never had this problem before. Get the same message for lots of applications, when I go in Liquidnext settings, etc. Is there something very obvious I'm missing here?

My install:

Wiped everything (sd-ext, factory reset, cache, etc)

Flashed the ROM

Rebooted multiple times

Set apps and data on sd-ext

Reinstalled all apps from Titanium with apps data but NOT system data

With that, as said real slow performance.

I went in the sdman tweakings and set swap to 0 (tried it after at 30 with no better results), and low memory to supertasking (tried other settings with no better results again)

Same phone, same sd card that I used with the other versions but what a difference in performance!

This being said, I would like to express my thanks for LiquidNext, 1.8 made me feel I bought a new phone and I was very grateful.

Just hoping somebody would point me to something obvious I missed, otherwise going back to 1.8

This is several days later thought I'd tell about what I did in case someone else has the same problem:

Thanks to advice from Daneel on irc site, I repartitioned my sd and reinstalled from scracth.

Things work much better now although I still have some lags especially when starting apps.

Edited by lufthund

Indeed flashing 1.9.2 on a clean ROM helped, now the home button works properly again! Argh but again I forgot to make a Nandroid backup of the clean ROM so I don't need to connect my phone to the PC next time I do an upgrade! :(

Oh well, at least it works now. :)

Edit: Crap, market seems to crash within seconds every time I load it up. :(

For me, I fixed this by changing language from HD to English (United States).

~renzs

Guest Pi3rluigi

Want to share my experience:

Installed .bin 4.002.08 emea (so I was sure I got a clear stock rom)

Installed Malez recovery 0.6.2

Flashed LN 1.9.2,setup Android without syncing with google

Made a couple of reboot

Installed LNP and setup CyanogenMod & LN in settings menu

Rebooted

Restored user apps using TB

Rebooted

All working, good battery drain in standby (about 5% h)

The only issue is the market: solved selecting lenguage English US, run the maket, then go back to Italian

Stock CPU frequency

Great rom,thanks for the work and sharing with us

Edited by Pi3rluigi

Whoah! Just installed, did not restored apps yet, but IT IS AMAZING! Probably THE BEST LN release to day! Thanks, guys! After several fails you made an awesome ROM! Getting this level of quality is always through pain. You ROCK! Should buy you a donation after getting my salary for sure.

Guest Stangoesagain

Just finished restoring apps on a newly flashed Rom, clicked Update all in Market and came to check what's new. While reading the cheereful post above the phone went into Sleep of Death.

So far it's set to Smart Ass V2 and max clock speed to 998, switching it back to 245-768 range, let's see how it goes.

Whit new settings instead of your's v6 going from 2347 to 2361 in antutu bench. You are the best