☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest Probie wan kenobi

Hi there,

Does anyone have Liquidnext 1.5 and 1.5.1 update flashable Zip?

I've looked for them but download links has expired...:angry: Could someone post it?

Thanks

Guest ozfunghi

I have a couple of questions, i hope someone can answer them.

-In system settings, it says my phone has 430 MB RAM, while it has 512 (as also stated in the stock ROM settings). What's the deal? Is the remaining 80 MB used for something else? Is it not being recognized? Or is it being used, but just not showing up?

-SDman isn't exactly clear. How i thought it worked, is that it automatically copied apps to the EXT partition of your SD card. Making apps believe, this EXT partition is actually the phone memory. Yet, my EXT partition is filled for about 171 MB, but my phone memory is also almost full. I only have 25 MB left on my phone. So what is taking up all this space? Is it app caches? I have less than 20 MB of emails, so what else is on there? If i copy everything to "SD" (the regular SD partition i presume) there is an extra 10 MB available on my phone.

-I also don't get the checkboxes next to the apps in the app manager. Some were checked, some werent and you'd think that "checking" them would be enough to transfer the app, but it just opens the settings for that app. I thought those that were checked were those that normally couldn't be copied to the SD card, but can with SDman. But there's no logic there since it should indicate which app is on in/external memory and which is not. And still, some apps (asphalt demo, market, AR first aid...) say they can't be moved, while apps such as flash and maps supposedly can now, but couldn't on my stock ROM.

-In CM there is a setting to allow apps to be copies to SD... does this override SDman or vice versa? Is it complementary and do they both need to be checked?

-Is there a way to clear caches all at once? Like with the app i used to have on my stock rom apps2sd? If so, how? With the same app?

-I haven't set a swap partition. If i do so now, i'll lose everything on my SD card (regular partition), right? And does this really help for the 512 MB RAM model? Or best leave it be?

Thanks to anyone taking the time to enlighten me.I couldn't find an answer in the wiki.

Edited by ozfunghi

Guest Winston Ma

-SDman isn't exactly clear. How i thought it worked, is that it automatically copied apps to the EXT partition of your SD card. Making apps believe, this EXT partition is actually the phone memory. Yet, my EXT partition is filled for about 171 MB, but my phone memory is also almost full. I only have 25 MB left on my phone. So what is taking up all this space? Is it app caches? I have less than 20 MB of emails, so what else is on there? If i copy everything to "SD" (the regular SD partition i presume) there is an extra 10 MB available on my phone.

A: In Android storage there are mainly 3 types of storage, which is movable.

1. Android Application (Those apk files you installed)

2. Android Application data (Personal data, preferences)

3. Dalvik-Cache (No idea what this is, but Android system will generate cache for every software)

I installed 100 apps on my Liquid E. I need 120Mb of Android Application Data space and 100Mb of Dalvik Cache. So I have no choice but to move 2/3 to my SD ext partition. As far as I know Android Application Data has large performance issue on ext partition so I moved Dalvik Cache, along with Android Application, on my SD ext partition.

As I know SDMan doesn't allow Dalvik cache moving so I installed A2SD and removed SDMan script. Now I am happy having LN 1.9.2 with A2SD.

-In CM there is a setting to allow apps to be copies to SD... does this override SDman or vice versa? Is it complementary and do they both need to be checked?

A: It will not override. Some android apps disabled the "Move to SD" function. With this option checked you can basically move all apps to your SD card (fat partition). But be careful, some application can't be moved (e.g. If you are using Google Maps widget. You can't load the widget when the apps in on SD card). Just be careful.

-Is there a way to clear caches all at once? Like with the app i used to have on my stock rom apps2sd? If so, how? With the same app?

A: You can use App 2 SD to wipe the cache. (Not the same wipe cache in Maltz Recovery).

-I haven't set a swap partition. If i do so now, i'll lose everything on my SD card (regular partition), right? And does this really help for the 512 MB RAM model? Or best leave it be?

A: I heard swap partition would benefit Liquid but not Liquid E. And you will lose everything when you create Swap partition. So you can

1. In Maltz Recovery -> Backup / Restore -> Backup all apps (+ext)

2. Connect your phone to Computer

3. In Maltz Recovery -> Enable USB Mass Storage

4. Copy all the content in your SD card to your Computer

5. Do your Partition

6. In Maltz Recovery -> Enable USB Mass Storage

7. Copy all content back from your computer to your device

8. In Maltz Recovery -> Backup / Restore -> Restore

It works for me. Hope I can help.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to enlighten me.I couldn't find an answer in the wiki.

Edited by Winston Ma

Guest ozfunghi

Thanks Winston!

So i guess i either have to wait for them to fix their "move dalvik" function or go with a2sd or delete some apps... As i described a couple of posts back, moving dalvik with the command didn't go well for me and i had to flash the rom again. This is kind of a bummer because i hoped to be rid of exactly this problem by rooting and installing a ROM.

As i'm a liquid e owner, i don't think i'll do the swapping thing.

Does there anyone else know why only 430 of my 512 MB RAM show up?

Thanks

Edited by ozfunghi

Guest ManniX.ita

So i guess i either have to wait for them to fix their "move dalvik" function or go with a2sd or delete some apps... As i described a couple of posts back, moving dalvik with the command didn't go well for me and i had to flash the rom again. This is kind of a bummer because i hoped to be rid of exactly this problem by rooting and installing a ROM.

Does there anyone else know why only 430 of my 512 MB RAM show up?

I see someone succeeded moving Dalvik cache to SD, but mine experience is very bad. Everything goes very very slow and I have a decent Class 10 SDHC. Also LN 1.9.2 leaves so much free space in system flash that I don't have a need to free more.

Also Dalvik cache is meant to speedup program execution, if you move it on a slower device it will impact performance. Once created the first time the dalvik files will be only read until the next reinstall/upgrade of app, so the tradeoff is acceptable if you really need that space. It's not recommended while using swap, the system will bog down while trying to access Dalvik files concurrently with swap partition on SD. (I know you will not use swap but could be someone else like to know.)

About the available RAM, the value you see is coming from linux command "free" (you can type it in Terminal Emulator).

It's the available memory to the system, not the physical RAM of device.

It means everything left after the kernel, device, android framework is loaded in memory.

There are devices which 512MB RAM with less of 300MB available to the system (ugly vendor customization).

I own a Liquid A1 with 256MB and I have 186MB available to system, it's only 12MB less than your Liquid E. Maybe it's normal, hope someone with Liquid E will post his value to compare.

Guest ozfunghi

Ok, thanks.

Just to be clear, it says in my settings that i have 168 of 430 available. so according to you, that's a total of 430 for general instructions/applications of which still 168 free, and an aditional 82 MB for the kernel etc (430+82=512)? If i type "free" in the terminal emulator, it says

440338 total, 364800 used, 75588 free. I was just wondering because in the stock rom, it always clearly said 512.

Edited by ozfunghi

Probably you made some mistakes cause no other have your problems. Tell us your exact config (baseband, bin, swap/cache/ext4 condition...) and we search a solution.

well i hate to say i was a bit wrong about the vedioplayback problems

there was a problem withthe codecs and fixed by reinstalling them

and even replaced the crashy launcher and every thing is smooth and very nicely running

thanx a million for every one that participated in this great ROM

thnx for ur effort u bless every one with ur hardwork

thnx

Can you fix the problem with using a different launcher?

If i uninstall adw launcher the phone does not boot (I'm using Go launcher)

and if i reboot i must choose between both launcher at the beginning...

Guest Nighthawk McKenzie

I see someone succeeded moving Dalvik cache to SD, but mine experience is very bad

I used SDMAN Tweaker to move Dalvik to SD without any issues, on three different Liquid E's. Of course, I recommend moving the Dalvik cache before re-installing a huge pile of applications (cause the more it has to move the longer it takes and greater the chance for something to go wrong during reboot). Also, I converted from Ext2 to Ext3 prior to moving ANYTHING using Malez 0.6.1 (not sure if this has any bearing but if it worked for me it may work for you) If you're still having problems I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a sector error on the card in your Ext partition. May have to re-partition and/or replace.. There may be absolutely nothing wrong at all... Owning three handsets has allowed me to see that despite doing the exact same steps with each unit - slightly different results sometimes occur and simply cannot be explained.

Guest ManniX.ita

I used SDMAN Tweaker to move Dalvik to SD without any issues, on three different Liquid E's. Of course, I recommend moving the Dalvik cache before re-installing a huge pile of applications (cause the more it has to move the longer it takes and greater the chance for something to go wrong during reboot). Also, I converted from Ext2 to Ext3 prior to moving ANYTHING using Malez 0.6.1 (not sure if this has any bearing but if it worked for me it may work for you) If you're still having problems I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a sector error on the card in your Ext partition. May have to re-partition and/or replace.. There may be absolutely nothing wrong at all... Owning three handsets has allowed me to see that despite doing the exact same steps with each unit - slightly different results sometimes occur and simply cannot be explained.

Thank you for sharing your experience: without swap partition on Liquid E I'm pretty sure it's a great idea to move the Dalvik cache on SD, I would know if someone got it working nicely with an A1 model with swap partition. About the SD card I already repartioned it some time ago, the card is pretty new.

What about the available RAM reported by your Liquid E? It's 430MB too?

Guest Dmitriy K.

What about the available RAM reported by your Liquid E? It's 430MB too?

On my Liquid E 430mb too, of course.

And i seen that LG P500 with 512ram shows 418mb total.

Edited by Dmitriy K.

Guest ozfunghi

Ok; i tried the tweaker, and my phone hung upon reboot. Unless i should wait longer than 15 minutes (which i didn't) and i did have a ton of apps installed already, though how long can it take to copy less than 200 MB to the SDcard, even if it's a slow one? Or does the process involve a lot more than just copying and some sort of indexing? I had only heard about being able to use the tweaker after i had installed all the apps, and i'm somewhat hesitant to delete them all, then set dalvik and install them all over again. Is there a less painful way? Could i move those that are able to be installed on SD by default to SD the regular old fashioned way (in app properties, move to sd) on the normal sd partition (not the EXT), then use the tweaker (having to move only a handfull of apps) and moving all the other apps back "to phone" (being EXT partition on SDcard)?

Guest Mecallie

I've just bought the official app. LN is the only ROM that works and only drains about 0,5% battery per hour (unlike MIUI at 3-5%)!

Just wondering if there is still some development being done? ICS maybe? Any news of an update from 1.9.2?

Edited by Mecallie

I've just bought the official app. LN is the only ROM that works and only drains about 0,5% battery per hour (unlike MIUI at 3-5%)!

Just wondering if there is still some development being done? ICS maybe? Any news of an update from 1.9.2?

0.5%? Without sync and data disabled... but 8 days are too much for liquid, lol...

Guest ManniX.ita

You are lucky, never got less than 1-1.5% using JuiceDefender with my A1.

News are the next LN version in works will use open drivers instead of Acer closed, this should end in less battery drain and maybe more performance, less compatibility issues.

Want to share my findings with A1:

- only "balanced" lwmk settings works fine: others (aggressive, multitasking, etc) will close background and service apps, leads to missed alarms

- lagfree governor will close background and service apps, leads to missed alarms, ondemand and smartassV2 are fine

- can't go above 768Mhz with undervolted kernel, random reboots

Guest Mecallie

0.5%? Without sync and data disabled... but 8 days are too much for liquid, lol...

I have to say: since I have installed some apps the drain went up to 1-1,5%. I can still last about 3 days, with the occasional call and message. Not bad for a smartphone! My Iphone 3GS lasted a day (max!).

Hopefully the new open source drivers are bug free and all working (leds, etc.).

Guest Mecallie

You are lucky, never got less than 1-1.5% using JuiceDefender with my A1.

News are the next LN version in works will use open drivers instead of Acer closed, this should end in less battery drain and maybe more performance, less compatibility issues.

Want to share my findings with A1:

- only "balanced" lwmk settings works fine: others (aggressive, multitasking, etc) will close background and service apps, leads to missed alarms

- lagfree governor will close background and service apps, leads to missed alarms, ondemand and smartassV2 are fine

- can't go above 768Mhz with undervolted kernel, random reboots

SmartassV2 here.

Undervolted kernel @921 (dunno why: it's never slow anyway), 961 works with the occasional freeze. Above that: instant freeze (have to take out battery).

Must say: the Liquid is the phone I enjoy the most of all the phones I owned. Largely because of the custom roms, but also because it just works and has a different look :)

Guest Dmitriy K.

SmartassV2 here.

Undervolted kernel @921 (dunno why: it's never slow anyway), 961 works with the occasional freeze. Above that: instant freeze (have to take out battery).

Must say: the Liquid is the phone I enjoy the most of all the phones I owned. Largely because of the custom roms, but also because it just works and has a different look :)

960 and freeze above?

I use undervolted kernel and not have freezes up to 1190mhz and stable use 245/998.

SmartassV2 here.

Must say: the Liquid is the phone I enjoy the most of all the phones I owned. Largely because of the custom roms, but also because it just works and has a different look

On my liquid E, very stable using undervolted kernel, minimum OC default (128) and max OC 1036 mhrz... never reboot the smartphone, and I do more test with multitasking and new generations apps like fast and furius 5...

Battery drain more good on my Liquid e than my A1... example same sitiation of use, if A1 drain 50% , liquid E only 30%;-) data always on.

Guest Ma7moud

On my liquid E, very stable using undervolted kernel, minimum OC default (128) and max OC 1036 mhrz... never reboot the smartphone, and I do more test with multitasking and new generations apps like fast and furius 5...

Battery drain more good on my Liquid e than my A1... example same sitiation of use, if A1 drain 50% , liquid E only 30%;-) data always on.

not all of the processors in the Liquids are the same, some are better than other, if yours can go up to 1GHZ then you are one of the lucky people who have a good CPU, most people can get to 960MHZ , some like me can't get higher than 998MHZ, and some can't go more than 850, i haven't tried the undervolted kernel yet because i'm not using LN, but i might try it to see how far my processor can go tongue.gif

Guest ozfunghi

I've just copied all my apps to the regular SD partition with app 2 sd free (by sam lu). Again, this frees up over 25 MB of space as opposed to letting SDman copy everything to EXT. I wanted to set dalvik to SD with the SDman tweaker... but now it says "terminal session is running", but nothing happens and i can't acces the tweaker. If they could fix SDman, dalvik/tweaker, i'd be very happy. Now i just don't know if i should use SDman or just go with app2SD as it gives me more free space as long as dalvik>SD isn't working.

Edited by ozfunghi

not all of the processors in the Liquids are the same, some are better than other, if yours can go up to 1GHZ then you are one of the lucky people who have a good CPU, most people can get to 960MHZ , some like me can't get higher than 998MHZ, and some can't go more than 850, i haven't tried the undervolted kernel yet because i'm not using LN, but i might try it to see how far my processor can go tongue.gif

Exact, on liquid A1 max OC is 880 mhrz to be stable... but it's not so important max OC... so to clarify, on my liquid A1 I not uso other max OC than default, on liquid E you can use 1030 Mhrz, and never problem... but here to... the diference for liquid A1 and E is only Ram, in Liquid A1 you must use swap and swap never have same capability than Ram... so more batery drain with swap and not completly same performance on the devices...

Sincerely, if you use liquid A1 and liquid E with the same personalisation... you not realy see the diference... only on battery drain you see diference...

I have a problem with battery drain. without data it's normal, but with data on, even if it's in standby, the battery drain is about 15-20% hour.

Surfing the Net it went from 16 to 0% in 5 minutes. This happens with both normal and undervolted kernel. I usullay use it at 921-128 ondemand.

I tried to recalibrate battery and use it at 768 Mhz but the broblem remains.

sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Guest