☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest headholio

New LiquidNext user here. I installed it on my Canadian Liquid E last week. Been running good. At first I was having Force Close issues with the market, but then I read about setting the language to English US instead of English HD and that immediately fixed the problem (no wipe or anything else was necessary, but I did reboot just for good measure). What else....??? Umm, I was forced to turn off the auto brightness setting because it would change the brightness way too often and make the phone choppy. Also, I had to install Google Voice Search from the market so that I could get the Speech to Text mic button to appear on the keyboard. I also installed the newest gingerbread keyboard from the market because the keyboard that comes with this ROM is slightly different. Everything else I left as is. Other issues I have are feedback and echo for people that I am talking to. They keep complaining about it. This is the only issue I haven't been able to work around or fix. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh, and a big shout out to all devs involved in getting this ROM out to us. You guys rock.

Guest marcjero

Other issues I have are feedback and echo for people that I am talking to. They keep complaining about it. This is the only issue I haven't been able to work around or fix. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh, and a big shout out to all devs involved in getting this ROM out to us. You guys rock.

Yes I go this issue with other custom roms and I think it's related to the radio firmware. I'm currently running A-05-01-06 (from VFIT bin) and sound quality seem to be much better.

This rom rocks. installed on my old A1, I'm using smartassv2 128-884 with low voltage kernel. No issue at all for now.

Are there recommended settings for 128mb devices ? (swap ?)

I have flashed 4.002.14 and a full wipe with a successful installation.

One BIG problem i have is there is no cell network, though the apns-config.xml file seems to have all the proper apn data but the options don't show on the apn setting and i keep getting force close errors.

I read somewhere that the issue could be fixed by flashing an "update.zip" but the one i used did not work. Any solutions/work arounds?

I have flashed 4.002.14 and a full wipe with a successful installation.

One BIG problem i have is there is no cell network, though the apns-config.xml file seems to have all the proper apn data but the options don't show on the apn setting and i keep getting force close errors.

I read somewhere that the issue could be fixed by flashing an "update.zip" but the one i used did not work. Any solutions/work arounds?

same here :( no network after a reboot

The network issue occurs if you keep set up manual search for network in settings.

I live in India and last week I traveled to a neighboring state. Whilst there, my phone would register onto any available network if my provider became unavailable. Furthermore, if mobile registers on any other provider, it stays with that network even if my home providers' network becomes available at a later time. I would incur extra charges for national data roaming. Thats why I select my network manually to ensure that i only stay with my home network provider.

In this state, if u restart phone then the phone will be stick in a pseudo-airplane mode.

To fix the problem:

1. Start phone without SIM card.

2. Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > SELECT AUTOMATICALLY

3. Now put the SIM card back in and start the phone.

Hey,

i just recently got my Liquid E and wanted to try this rom. So far i'm very happy with it, but there is one thing that bugs me. When i try to open SDMAN i get a FC. Here are my steps during installation:

- partitioned sd

- made ext2 to ext3

- copied zip with image to sd from pc

- wiped data, dalvik, cache

- flashed LN 1.9.2

- rooted (method 1.1)

- reboot

- set language to English (USA)

- configured wifi

- set up google account (without backup/restore)

- reboot

- installed lnp

- granted permission in superuser

- reboot

- opened lnp

- tried to access SDMAN but got FC

Hope, someone can tell me, what i died wrong. Thanks.

Edited by telsek

Guest daimadoshi85

Hey,

i just recently got my Liquid E and wanted to try this rom. So far i'm very happy with it, but there is one thing that bugs me. When i try to open SDMAN i get a FC. Here are my steps during installation:

- partitioned sd

- made ext2 to ext3

- copied zip with image to sd from pc

- flashed LN 1.9.2

- rooted (method 1.1)

- reboot

- set language to English (USA)

- configured wifi

- set up google account (without backup/restore)

- reboot

- installed lnp

- granted permission in superuser

- reboot

- opened lnp

- tried to access SDMAN but got FC

Hope, someone can tell me, what i died wrong. Thanks.

Try to reflash LN, but don't wipe anything after flashing it.

Guest ManniX.ita

- flashed LN 1.9.2

- rooted (method 1.1)

- reboot

Why you wiped after LN flash? You shouldn't as far as I know.

Also why you rooted it? It's already rooted the image.

I suggest you repeat the whole procedure skipping these steps, they probably have a negative effect.

Guest marius12345

so nice rom but it does not work at all, when you get calls all the screen turns off and never returns, the proximity sensor does not work at all''and''liquid parts next '' after instalation give errors when trying to change

Guest marius12345

proximity sensor don't work,and if i setting proximity off nothing hapend the screen remain black when i try to call , can someone help my phone is acer liquid s100

Edited by marius12345

Guest ManniX.ita

@marius12345 :

If you have these problems only with LN you done something wrong flashing it. Else your phone is broken.

If you want help look the posts above: you have to write the whole procedure you did, from the beginning, each step detailed as much as you can.

Guest marius12345

@marius12345 :

If you have these problems only with LN you done something wrong flashing it. Else your phone is broken.

If you want help look the posts above: you have to write the whole procedure you did, from the beginning, each step detailed as much as you can.

1-malez recoveryy,

2- wipe all,

3-flash no sign,

4- rebott

after phone work 50%

after he started trying to set the phone, asking me to install''liquid next part's ''and when the I go to change settings and here stop to process. proximity sensor does not work at all, when the first call screen remains off, and after I still fail to call light

Guest ManniX.ita

@telsek

I see you didn't told us which base image you used to start.

You have to start from a clean official build, not from a working backup or other custom roms.

You have to flash an "official" bin just before LN. If you don't know where to get them, look here:

http://android.modac...act-collection/

Some was lucky with 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT, but many ppl with strange issues fixed flashing 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A as base.

I fixed my small issues with 4.002.14.

Guest ManniX.ita

Yes, and no find settings for proximity sensor

There are no settings for proximity sensor, you can just disable it.

I have and always had random problems, only with LN 1.6 it was near perfect.

Which base image version you started with? Did you tried another one?

Unfortunately no phone is same as other, you could be lucky starting from another version.

Guest marius12345

There are no settings for proximity sensor, you can just disable it.

I have and always had random problems, only with LN 1.6 it was near perfect.

Which base image version you started with? Did you tried another one?

Unfortunately no phone is same as other, you could be lucky starting from another version.

t&l [29/3/2011] this is the rom base2.2 it works very good ,and i want to make some upgrade to [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11),and i see proximity sensor don't work

Guest marcjero

Hi,

I just noticed ADW Launcher does fc when I touch the side dots. Is it normal ?

This is the only issue I see for now. Still running at 880 undervolted with the "supertasking" oom. I will try to enable swap. Battery drain is very good for me.

Guest Pbmounza

hello i'm the new user for LP can someone told me what is the best version of liquid next and if i want to flash LP what should i prefer i use acer liquid a100

Guest marius12345

That is wrong, on my Liquid E the Sensor works in LN.

above of what rom you instaled ln1.9.2 ?and maybe can help me whit proximity sensor someone

Edited by marius12345