☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest ManniX.ita

Why I use LP 1.9.2 and my. Go launcher always restart? ?

Which phone are you using? Liquid A1 or E?

Could be a low memory killer configuration, on mine A1 I use "balanced".

You can configure it with SDman this way:

sdman -e lwmk balanced

Guest marius12345

Which phone are you using? Liquid A1 or E?

Could be a low memory killer configuration, on mine A1 I use "balanced".

You can configure it with SDman this way:

sdman -e lwmk balanced

can someone make something whit screen and proximity sensor?

Guest ManniX.ita

I use a1 and how can I configuration it what is sdmain? ?

Better if you use adb shell from PC, but you can use it on the phone with Terminal Emulator too.

You have to type some commands in the console shell of the phone operating system, while at prompt.

SDMAN is the rom script to tweak the system and enable app2sd.

Unfortunately you can't do this configuration change from LNP.

While in the shell type:

su

sdman -e lwmk balanced

Guest ManniX.ita

@fearfactory84:

This is logcat while powering off/on display:

D/dalvikvm( 951): GC_EXPLICIT freed 248K, 50% free 2808K/5575K, external 0K/0K,

paused 65ms

I/power ( 746): *** set_screen_state 0

D/SurfaceFlinger( 746): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0x95910

E/SurfaceFlinger( 746): ioctl(26, VT_RELDISP, 1) failed 22 (Invalid argument)

I/ScreenReceiver( 1134): android.intent.action.SCREEN_OFF

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 746): wakeWhenReadyLocked(26)

I/power ( 746): *** set_screen_state 1

I/ScreenReceiver( 1134): android.intent.action.SCREEN_ON

This is logcat of a successive retry of power on:

I/TaskReceiver( 849): action = com.jiubang.intent.action.AUTO_CHECK_UPDATE

Guest ManniX.ita

can someone make something whit screen and proximity sensor?

I think you'll have to wait for next release or maybe a new kernel because you are probably the only one which had not fixed this problem reflashing. Really bad luck :(

Guest ManniX.ita

@fearfactory84:

If I disable the Display power off animation the screen wake up. You know, the old CRT TV Off animation.

I'm the only one with this problem?

Guest marius12345

I think you'll have to wait for next release or maybe a new kernel because you are probably the only one which had not fixed this problem reflashing. Really bad luck :(

its ok i find another rom best then this ,and works good till now ,i use this liquid - oxygen_kang-koud.zip+sanity.apk excelent till now iits end of the day an works good i dont tryit the bluethoot because i dont need, but wifi works ,proximity works ,and baterry drain its ok ,sorry for my

english usb don't work

Edited by marius12345

Do u Oc your device or not ?? why i OC my device and it not stable for any frequency? I need to oc this rom or not?

On Liquid A1, max OC stable is 921 Mhrz over not...

On Liquid E you can go to 11xx with undervolt... and very stable.

On Liquid A1, max OC stable is 921 Mhrz over not...

On Liquid E you can go to 11xx with undervolt... and very stable.

With the undervolted kernel I arrive at 1190 Mhz with the A1 very stable. It depends from your phone.

Guest ManniX.ita

@marius12345:

Oxygen ROM is damn fast, looks very promising, still to early in development IMHO

@pbmounza:

Undervolt is meant to lower battery drain, overvolt to reach higher frequency in overclock

You can overclock with undervolt, but usually at a lower frequency than with normal/over voltage

It's not needed to oc, but some apps and activities that are a bit laggy with standard clock (web browsing with flash, games) will go faster and smoother, the downside is that you phone will drain battery faster

Edited by ManniX.ita

Guest ozfunghi

so it mean that undervolt help me to make oc stable right? How to cheak its stable or not?

No, undervolting is to save battery life. But it COULD also make the phone somewhat more unstable. Just like overclocking your CPU COULD make the phone more unstable. I use undervolted kernel, with CPU at 883Mhz max / 128Mhz min, and governor SmartassV2... my phone now gets through 48 hours without recharging with normal use. It drains less than 1% per hour when in standby. Also check to see your energy management is set to use only Wifi OR 3G never both at once.

How to check if it's stable? If your phone doesn't crash, it's stable.

Edit; argh, beaten by 3 minutes.

Edited by ozfunghi

Guest j@y krishn@

TWO PROBLEMS :

1. inspite of trying all types of installation there are bugs, the PHONE goes mad (some or the other function takes place even tough the phone is untouched, the notification bar moves up n down, apps get opened etc etc) ALSO, it doesnt happen always..

2. 'DOWNLOADS' app doesnt show any downloads.. always 'no downloads'... note : this is fine.. no probs if not fixed.

first problem is killing me, currently back to stock 2.1.1. and, i flash the rom in d cleanest way possible ! <VERY EXPERIENCED in FLASHING :D :D>

Guest ManniX.ita

@j@y krishn@:

You should describe better your problem if you would like to fix it, I'm not very sure I understood. It could be you have massive lag? Try to disable swap and/or reformat the SD.

About the Downloads I don't have this issue.

If you can't fix it and you are willing to flash, test Oxygen3 ROM from Koudelka and post your results in his thread.

@ozfunghi: beaten, but your reply was helpful, thanks! I forgot to mention that undervolting can cause problems.

@Pbmounza: in LNP settings you can enable Undervolted frequencies, reboot needed. My phone is unstable at 960MHz with or without undervolt, but it's worst with undervolt. Start with stock frequencies, if you don't have wakelock, freeze or reboots then start to OC. Enable the OC frequencies at boot only when you are really sure they are stable. If you do it wrong you'll have to reflash, do a nandroid backup first!

Also the 128MHz lower frequency could lead to all sort of problems, test it thoroughly. I can't use in my phone, but many support it. Mine start being laggy as hell after the first resume from standby, if you notice problems raise it to 245MHz.

If you overclock take care of overheating, I can't overclock without SetCPU because I need a profile with stock frequencies while charging the battery, otherwise with any frequency above 768MHz the phone will overheat, become unstable and reboot itself. It happens to me when I'm using it with Mobile Maps in car after 1-2 hours, maybe you'll never use it like me, but take that into consideration.

Guest marcjero

Hello,

I'm using the new interactivex governor with 128-880 range. Very low battery drain (I'm using the low voltage kernel as well) and no lag at all.

Guest ManniX.ita

So what about if I don't use undervoltage . Does battery drain a lot?

No, if you use undervoltage your phone will drain less battery, but not a huge difference. Never benchmarked it, I can speculate you could gain 1-2 hours of standby.

Those problems happens only to you, so probably you have done some mistakes. Wich bin? Have you wiped? Where is your cache? How is partitioned your sd? Sdman settings? ... ..... and obviously you must flash a froyo bin before flashing a Ginger rom...

Or try to change noise and sensibility settings in liquidnextparts.

TWO PROBLEMS :

1. inspite of trying all types of installation there are bugs, the PHONE goes mad (some or the other function takes place even tough the phone is untouched, the notification bar moves up n down, apps get opened etc etc) ALSO, it doesnt happen always..

2. 'DOWNLOADS' app doesnt show any downloads.. always 'no downloads'... note : this is fine.. no probs if not fixed.

first problem is killing me, currently back to stock 2.1.1. and, i flash the rom in d cleanest way possible ! <VERY EXPERIENCED in FLASHING :D :D>

Edited by siggey

Guest fear_factory84

@fearfactory84:

If I disable the Display power off animation the screen wake up. You know, the old CRT TV Off animation.

I'm the only one with this problem?

I've disabled all animations and I have no problems at all..

I've made another change to LiquidNext 1.9.2, I've changed rild and it's libraries with the version found in acer's 4.008.08 firmware. I had sometimes lockups when I close a call, now they are gone.

I still use the radio that comes with 4.002.14 acer bin.

So these are my unofficial patches to be flashed on top of 1.9.2:

4.008.08 rild:

LN1.9.2-rild400214.zip (554.38 KB) http://www.multiupload.com/CTR9TP4U7O

original rild to revert this modification:

LN1.9.2-rildorig.zip (554.5 KB) http://www.multiupload.com/XNIED8HS1R

Kernel without adaptive voltages, undervolts etc.:

LN-1.9.2-fearkernel-0.1.zip (2.5 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/VEB9ZGPKYW

if you want to revert to LiquidNext 1.9.2 kernel:

LN-1.9.2-origkernel.zip (2.55 MB) http://www.multiupload.com/ACV0YTOEFE

That's what I've modified on kernel sources:

fearkernel0.1.patch (13.54 KB) http://www.multiupload.com/CWNOI3Z1FO

I would like to share also my memory and cpu settings:

In cyanogenmod settings, performance: disable dithering, recover bitmap memory. cup frequencies 245mhz, 768mhz (stock speeds)

Apps on sd, dalvik and data on internal memory

proximity sensor disabled (it works for me but drains too much battery if you do many phone calls, and that's an hardware problem, software couldn't be better)

automatic brightness: average window filter enabled, 30 seconds, 600lux reset, 10 sec sampling, custom levels enabled, reduce light enabled, custom levels 0-199 values display 35, 200-399 display 55, 400-999 display 70, 1000-1999 display 95, 2000-2499 display 115, 2500-2999 display 180, 3000-inf display 200 7 levels in total.

Memory and sdman settings:

Swap enabled in sdman (128mb on class 10 card), swappiness 5 (higher values lead to many lags)

v6 script enabled for hard to kill launcher (see ln wiki)

minfree set on sdman, multitasking profile

scheduler noop

Guest ManniX.ita

I've disabled all animations and I have no problems at all..

Thank you again fear :) I will try the patch and let you know.

Thank you for sharing your settings!

About the display wakelock, I meant I have the issue when the animations are enabled, when they are disabled it works fine.

@AcerFerrari: did you use undervolting in LNP settings? Try to disable it if it's enabled, anyway it's not the first time I hear with MIUI kernel the OC is more stable than with LN.