☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest andlinux

Try to restart your phone after charching and see it's better. For me, it drains 6x less after restarting.

Well I restarted the phone this morning after I disconnected it from the charger, but it's the same result now.

It's now at 37%, that's to low. So the reboot didn't work. :(

I really like Liquidnext, it works so smooth.

What else can I do ? Do I have to install something like juice defender ?

Guest haeewee

Ihave a acer liquid E and try installing liquidnext

currently run the acer rom 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A.bin

(freshly loaded the bin both found in this forum ánd on acer-site (installed bin with the acer download tool v3.1))

already rooted the phone with malezrecovery062

also via the malezrecovery unlocked market , booted os, changed time

but still can't install LiquidNextParts from market (am told by the market my device is incompatible

what am i missing , forgetting, doing wrong? already understood i could try changing build.prop, but i dont know what to change) (file build.prop.txt attached build.prop.txt )

also copied LiquidNext_1.9.2.zip (downloaded from liquidnext.tk) to sdcard and installed it with malezrecovery

but now the devices is in a bootloop

(looking with adb logcat it seems every loop crashes on PowerManagerService (see also attached logcat.txt logcat.txt (is only 1 boot-cycle)

W/dalvikvm(  904): threadid=18: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40015560)

I/Process (  904): Sending signal. PID: 904 SIG: 9

E/ActivityThread(  904): Failed to find provider info for settings

E/AndroidRuntime(  904): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: PowerManagerService

also attached recovery.log recovery.log.txt with malezrecovery

how to check my acerliquidE is compatible with liquidnext192?

any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

Edited by haeewee

Guest Ma7moud

(freshly loaded the bin both found in this forum ánd on acer-site (installed bin with the acer download tool v3.1))

but still can't install LiquidNextParts from market (am told by the market my device is incompatible

what am i missing , forgetting, doing wrong? already understood i could try changing build.prop, but i dont know what to change) (file build.prop.txt attached build.prop.txt )

also copied LiquidNext_1.9.2.zip (downloaded from liquidnext.tk) to sdcard and installed it with malezrecovery

(looking with adb logcat it seems every loop crashes on PowerManagerService (see also attached logcat.txt logcat.txt (is only 1 boot-cycle)

W/dalvikvm(  904): threadid=18: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40015560)

E/AndroidRuntime(  904): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: PowerManagerService

any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

any Liquid E phone is compatible with Liquid Next, but before you flash it you must wipe everything in recovery

like wipe data , wipe cache, dalvik cache , and ext, and don't use the "wipe all" command, it doesn't work

Guest ManniX.ita

what am i missing , forgetting, doing wrong? already understood i could try changing build.prop, but i dont know what to change

I think LNP is not compatible with official BIN. You can install it only if you are running LiquidNext ROM.

Before I think it was LiquidParts which was compatible with official ROMs but it's really outdated.

I'm not really sure I'm right, someone can confirm that?

Guest haeewee

any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

:-( cant boot my phone anymore (even not vibrates on any key combination..) :-(

unpowerwed for several minutees (i.e. nu USB, no battery connected for some time)

have to solve this issue first

is it really broken now? or would there be any chance to reanimate my phone?

Guest ManniX.ita

unpowerwed for several minutees (i.e. nu USB, no battery connected for some time)

wait, you know you can go to recovery mode with hardware keys?

Press vol down + camera + power to enter recovery mode.

If can't access it there are still many ways to restore the official BIN with ADT, google it.

Look this thread maybe it can help you:

http://androidforums.com/liquid-e-all-things-root/274104-i-bricked-my-acer-liquid-e.html

Guest haeewee

If can't access it there are still many ways to restore the official BIN with ADT, google it.

http://androidforums...r-liquid-e.html

tnx for your reply

yes, am aware i can use the harware keys.. no matter what combination i try with hardwarekeys, phone stays dead ..

(before getting to know adb it was the only option for me to get into boot mode)

Guest haeewee

http://androidforums...r-liquid-e.html

tnx for your reply

yes, am aware i can use the harware keys.. no matter what combination i try with hardwarekeys, phone stays dead ..

(before getting to know adb it was the only option for me to get into boot mode)

oops replied twice , consider this post not sent

Edited by haeewee

Guest Ma7moud

tnx for your reply

looks like the battery is empty, connect the charger and leave it for 30 minutes then try again

Guest haeewee

looks like the battery is empty, connect the charger and leave it for 30 minutes then try again

tnx for your reply.

currently connected to charger (although no charging LED to see, and no warm phone as usual)

i fear the worst..

fingers crossed..

Edited by haeewee

Guest haeewee

:'-(

consider my phone EOL. still no signs of live.. thanks to all helping me.

RIP my beloved android ;-)

:'-(

Guest renzs

I agree here.. if you have a friend with a liquid, you may want to try and use his battery to see if it works..

It might be just a dead battery.

I've seen it happen before with liquid. Good luck!

~renzs

Guest aab1290

i followed all the steps properly to put this rom in my acer liquid e ferrari but i am having some problems like battery icon shows a question mark and battery light continuous blinks...please help me , can u please help how to solve these?

Edited by aab1290

Guest Ciotto

i followed all the steps properly to put this rom in my acer liquid e ferrari but i am having some problems like battery icon shows a question mark and battery light continuous blinks...please help me , can u please help how to solve these?

do u wiped all? I not know if the hardware is the same of Liquid A1/E, if yes and u wiped all try to install an official rom and after reinstall malez + LiquidNext. (+ chocolate kernel?)

Guest BuzzKilla

Hey, I installed this ROM on to my g/f's Liquid E. (FIDO)

phone runs amazingly. but the only issue is the there is no reception. I get that airplane mode issue.

Has this been fixed?

I wiped the phone before and after install...

i just realized that i didn't install the chocolate kernel, could that have caused the issue?

Do i install it after i install the rom?

can i use malez to install the kernel?

(Sorry i'm used to clockworks)

I got frustrated after a few hours of trying to look up the issue, but after every reset, i get zero bars. So i installed froyometal, but the battery drain is horrible, doesn't last the day @ idle....

any suggestions on how to fix, or an older rom that would be ideal for a not so tech savvy person + good battery life?

Sorry for the noob questions, my Nexus S was a walk in the park compared to troubleshooting the Liquid E. (always is with newer hardware)

Guest Ma7moud

Hey, I installed this ROM on to my g/f's Liquid E. (FIDO)

phone runs amazingly. but the only issue is the there is no reception. I get that airplane mode issue.

Has this been fixed?

I wiped the phone before and after install...

i just realized that i didn't install the chocolate kernel, could that have caused the issue?

Do i install it after i install the rom?

can i use malez to install the kernel?

(Sorry i'm used to clockworks)

I got frustrated after a few hours of trying to look up the issue, but after every reset, i get zero bars. So i installed froyometal, but the battery drain is horrible, doesn't last the day @ idle....

any suggestions on how to fix, or an older rom that would be ideal for a not so tech savvy person + good battery life?

Sorry for the noob questions, my Nexus S was a walk in the park compared to troubleshooting the Liquid E. (always is with newer hardware)

i think you need to flash the 4.002.14 bin first then flash malez recovery then wipe everything then flash Liquid Next

and you don't need chocolate kernel, this rom uses an updated version of it

i think the Liquid isn't that hard, and from what i know, its almost impossible to brick it if you know what you are doing, you can always flash an acer bin and everything is normal again

Guest BuzzKilla

i think you need to flash the 4.002.14 bin first then flash malez recovery then wipe everything then flash Liquid Next

and you don't need chocolate kernel, this rom uses an updated version of it

i think the Liquid isn't that hard, and from what i know, its almost impossible to brick it if you know what you are doing, you can always flash an acer bin and everything is normal again

Thanks for the info smile.gif

when i had the phone , i updated to

4.004.12.PA.FIDO

from Acer's official site... and installed LN over it.

that could have had something to do with the problem mellow.gif

And i've almost gone back to OEM but wanted to avoid using Acer Tools... Oh well.

I found:

4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_bin.zip

would the region difference affect anything? or is that problem alleviated once i install the LiquidNext ROM

Is Acer tools really necessary to install this? or is there a way to use with Malez?

Sorry for the noob questions again, but i want to do this right with as little down time as possible.

There are just too many links to too many versions of the same thing.....

the g/f is already pissy with me toying around on her phone.

I was just trying to breath life back into an older but still capable phone.

I can honestly say this is the last time i mod a phone that does not belong to me.....dry.gif

Now im off to read up more about "swap & apps2sd" before i mess with anything else.

Thanks again for the advice !

Guest Ma7moud

Thanks for the info smile.gif

when i had the phone , i updated to

4.004.12.PA.FIDO

from Acer's official site... and installed LN over it.

that could have had something to do with the problem mellow.gif

And i've almost gone back to OEM but wanted to avoid using Acer Tools... Oh well.

I found:

4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_bin.zip

would the region difference affect anything? or is that problem alleviated once i install the LiquidNext ROM

the region difference shouldn't do anything, you need to flash this bin before liquid next to solve some bugs with wifi and network and battery

Is Acer tools really necessary to install this? or is there a way to use with Malez?

must be flashed using Acer Download Tool

there is a step-by-step guide to how to do it here

see 4.1 How to flash a BIN

I can honestly say this is the last time i mod a phone that does not belong to me.....dry.gif

Now im off to read up more about "swap & apps2sd" before i mess with anything else.

Thanks again for the advice !

you don't need swap for Liquid E , only for Liquid A1 that has 256MB ram

but you need apps2sd if you want to install more than 20 appstongue.gif

easiest way is to format the sdcard and add a ext2 partition to itand use "Link2SD" app

Guest BuzzKilla

the region difference shouldn't do anything, you need to flash this bin before liquid next to solve some bugs with wifi and network and battery

must be flashed using Acer Download Tool

there is a step-by-step guide to how to do it here

see 4.1 How to flash a BIN

you don't need swap for Liquid E , only for Liquid A1 that has 256MB ram

but you need apps2sd if you want to install more than 20 appstongue.gif

easiest way is to format the sdcard and add a ext2 partition to itand use "Link2SD" app

that is about as clear of an answer as i could have hoped for.

D/L'ing all the necessary files now cool.gif

took a while to find a link to ADT that wasn't put on MegaUpload mad.gif

I'll post up how it all went, once i get my hands on her phone in the next few days.

Thanks for all the help!

I just found a post in this thread that said to use the 4.002.14 bin... my search skills are getting weak...

thanks for putting up with me.

Guest bildr

Well, what i've found weird is the fact that's i've seen A LOT of problem with people with Rogers/Fido service carrier having the plane mode problem & no incoming signal from the network. I'm myself with FIDO and facing the same problem. I would really like to see if some one with Rogers/Fido succesfully flashed LN 1.9.2.

Guest Ma7moud

Well, what i've found weird is the fact that's i've seen A LOT of problem with people with Rogers/Fido service carrier having the plane mode problem & no incoming signal from the network. I'm myself with FIDO and facing the same problem. I would really like to see if some one with Rogers/Fido succesfully flashed LN 1.9.2.

well unless it has different hardware then flashing an EMEA bin should make it exactly like any other Liquid phone from anywhere in the world

Guest bildr

well unless it has different hardware then flashing an EMEA bin should make it exactly like any other Liquid phone from anywhere in the world

Well the thing is that i flashed with a EMAE.GEN1 bin and i still get the same problem flashing LiquidNext. It's weird.

Guest Ma7moud

Well the thing is that i flashed with a EMAE.GEN1 bin and i still get the same problem flashing LiquidNext. It's weird.

which bin exactly ?

hi =) i would like to ask sth about this rom ><

i got this installed, it seem to work fine @_@ still got crashed when change screen and wifi din auto get ip but its not problem

i got it rooted and super user worked, i dl and use liquid next part everything seem fine too except the move app2sd @[email protected] i open it i got force closed....can any1 help me?