☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest zorginho

a dronix developer (best rom for ideos) on an italian forun said that:

per lo scheduling dell'I/O c'e' gia' l'utility dalla dronix 0.1 e si chiama "ionice" e si trova nello strato linux sottostante e serve per settare le priorita' di input output dei processi...

In piu' c'e' anche un'altra utility (che completa il quadro) che io uso moltissimo (si chiama "nice") e stavo sistemando un programmino per utilizzarla e sto parlando dello scheduling del processore, ossia la possibilita' di modificare la priorita' di scheduling del processoread alcune applicazioni in modo che la ROM diventi ancor piu' performante.

Sulla mia ROM gira' gia' da molto tempo, proprio per questo riesco ad ottenere i miglio punteggi di tutti con i benchmark :-P (a parte il mio modulo per l'overclock).

Pensavo di aggiungere questa nuova feature nella 0.5 in pratica voglio aumentare un po di priorita' al launcher e ad altri particolari pocessi in modo che la ROM risulti supermega fluida!!

Ora sicuramente molti cuochi useranno queste info per tirar fuori la stessa cosa spacciandola per propria, ma non importa, ormai ho il "CALLO" XDXD

ENG:

for scheduling I / O there 'already' utility from dronix 0.1 and is called "ionice" and is located in the layer below, and Linux is used to set the priorities' input process output ...

In addition 'there' yet another utility (which completes the picture) that I use a lot (it's called "nice") and I was placing a small program to use it and I'm talking about the scheduling of the processor, ie the ability 'to change the priority 'of the scheduling processoread some applications so that the ROM will become even more' performance.

ROM running on my 'already' a long time, because of that I can get the miles with the benchmark scores of all:-P (a part of my form for overclocking).

I add this new feature in 0.5 I want to increase a little in practice the priority 'to the launcher and other details so that the ROM pocessi result Supermega fluid!

Now certainly many cooks will use this info to come up with the same guise of its own, but it does not matter, now I have the "Call" xDxD

so the question is that: it is possible to use that utilities to increase the priority of some processes such as the launcher, the sms app ecc..?

i think that this tweak can speed up the animations.

EDIT: i've fount also this script: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1111145

seems to work well

Edited by zorginho

Guest Dima KN

After day of using 1.5.1 almost everething is fine. No softkey problems.

Great work!

Small issues:

1. I cant save default tab in stock contacts app(always opens button tab).

2. Once LNP started to check for updates and it lasts forever(I had to kill and restert LNP).

Guest daimadoshi85
Which ROM must have installed to install the last FULL-UPDATE? 4.504b.00, 4.002.08, 4.002.14, 4.005.05, 4.008.08?

Thanks

I have 4.002.14 and everything is working fine since LN 1.0 :blink:

Guest Jack is back
I have 4.002.14 and everything is working fine since LN 1.0 :blink:

I have 4.008.08 and everything is working fine too :huh:

Guest Nighthawk McKenzie
never restore applications using titanium backup.

same for google settings restore.

it is written by suxsem

I use Link2SD (on market, free) instead of stock apps2sd because I dislike losing my apps when the usb is plugged in and the sd card mounted (uses the ext2 partition). Aside from the stock system apps, I keep everything on ext2 except for LNP and Links2SD. I use TitaniumBackup to backup everything. I do a nandroid backup before flashing anything. I wipe everything one by one EXCEPT my ext2 partition then flash full updates. When the phone comes back to life I SKIP all the Google setup stuff, uncheck all the 'backup from Google' garbage and re-install Link2SD from the market. On first run, I relink the ext2 partition and reboot. When it comes back up, my apps are all re-installed (incl TitaniumBackup).

In titanium backup, I restore only the following 'green' items; Accounts, Application Widgets, Bluetooth Pairings, [bookmarks] Browser, [Calendar] Calendar Storage, [Alarms] Clock, Country/Language/Time Zone, [uSER DICT] User Dictionary, and WiFi Access Points. I use batch to restore the DATA for all my other apps, making sure not to restore anything included in the ROM.

One more reboot and my accounts are back, apps are back, their data is back, even the widgets are back..... no issues. I go into Accounts to make sure everything is syncing as I need them too, and adjust whatever settings are relevant to the new rom upgrade. I go back into Link2SD to re-link the Dalvik-cache, do a cache cleanup and setup autolink. In Titanium Backup I set back up scheduled backups...

This works for me - no promises it will be as smooth for others. However, thought it worth sharing :blink:

Edited by Nighthawk McKenzie

Guest Nighthawk McKenzie

I've noticed a weird behavior with Bluetooth when using Vlingo for voice command, and a headphone is plugged in (which goes to the car stereo btw). The earpiece becomes active, but my voice doesn't go through. Unplug the headset cord, it works again. Doesn't effect phone calls though - just voice recognition. Never did this with other roms... frankly, it's not a big deal for me given the frequency I use it, but thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else had the same problem.

Guest Suxsem

what wifi problem?

Ehi sux who helped you with the fix? :huh: have u done it your own or a guru helped you? :)

my own :P

in weekend i will be absent...we'll release the new LN version first days of next week...

see you soon :blink:

Edited by Suxsem

Guest Arkvil

Hello! I have one issue: when playing some .mp4 file it gives rare annoying stuttering. Have anybody solved this problem?

Guest kaerry
in weekend i will be absent...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wi-fi problem: hidden AP and when change AP (es:Work and home) need to turn off and on the wi-fi

Guest Nighthawk McKenzie

Hmmm.. USB tethering works fine with Windows 7, but on Vista is immediately disconnects and re-connects the USB. Odd.

Guest Suxsem
Hmmm.. USB tethering works fine with Windows 7, but on Vista is immediately disconnects and re-connects the USB. Odd.

we all had this problem. just REMOVE all liquid drivers and reinstall them. trust me :blink:

Guest siggey
2. Once LNP started to check for updates and it lasts forever(I had to kill and restert LNP).

Reinstall LNP from market and reboot.

Guest Suxsem

this is (maybe) the best video quality that we can get :blink: i compared it with the stock rom and it is better in my opinion, and our goal was to get videos as stock rom, so i think we can check this issue as fixed :huh:

we tried 720p support but the videos were worse then wvga so we have disabled it

thepasto is trying to port metal camera because i have to go for a couple of days...

on monday we'll release the fix, stay tuned :)

sorry for the crappy light...

Guest siggey
I use Link2SD (on market, free) instead of stock apps2sd because I dislike losing my apps when the usb is plugged in and the sd card mounted (uses the ext2 partition). Aside from the stock system apps, I keep everything on ext2 except for LNP and Links2SD. I use TitaniumBackup to backup everything. I do a nandroid backup before flashing anything. I wipe everything one by one EXCEPT my ext2 partition then flash full updates. When the phone comes back to life I SKIP all the Google setup stuff, uncheck all the 'backup from Google' garbage and re-install Link2SD from the market. On first run, I relink the ext2 partition and reboot. When it comes back up, my apps are all re-installed (incl TitaniumBackup).

In titanium backup, I restore only the following 'green' items; Accounts, Application Widgets, Bluetooth Pairings, [bookmarks] Browser, [Calendar] Calendar Storage, [Alarms] Clock, Country/Language/Time Zone, [uSER DICT] User Dictionary, and WiFi Access Points. I use batch to restore the DATA for all my other apps, making sure not to restore anything included in the ROM.

One more reboot and my accounts are back, apps are back, their data is back, even the widgets are back..... no issues. I go into Accounts to make sure everything is syncing as I need them too, and adjust whatever settings are relevant to the new rom upgrade. I go back into Link2SD to re-link the Dalvik-cache, do a cache cleanup and setup autolink. In Titanium Backup I set back up scheduled backups...

This works for me - no promises it will be as smooth for others. However, thought it worth sharing :blink:

I simply wipe everything and restore apps with titanium (only apps) and I never had a problem..:huh:

Guest Morris Lee
this is (maybe) the best video quality that we can get :blink: i compared it with the stock rom and it is better in my opinion, and our goal was to get videos as stock rom, so i think we can check this issue as fixed :huh:

we tried 720p support but the videos were worse then wvga so we have disabled it

thepasto is trying to port metal camera because i have to go for a couple of days...

Is it choppy because of the low light??

720p is worse tham wvgain terms of fps?? Or quality of the shoot??

Guest Suxsem
Is it choppy because of the low light??

720p is worse tham wvgain terms of fps?? Or quality of the shoot??

what? :blink:

is worse in terms of fps. like 2fps in 720p

Guest kaerry

Our liquid isn't a multimedia phone :P audio playback and video recording is a bit low because it hasn't a quality hardware (acer original firmware have the same quality output now), but Suxem great work, really!!

Guest Ma7moud

i think the frame rate was a lot better than 11 FPS in stock 2.1 . but still 11 FPS from 2 FPS is a big improvement, still not seeing myself shooting videos with it, VGA is too low for 5 MP camera in my opinion Acer should have gone for SVGA at least if they want a 4:3 aspect ratio, or 720p like they did with the metal.

but anyway thanks for your work, i hope we can have a fully working rom without any major bugs so the waiting for updates can be easier

Guest Morris Lee

Not sure if it is just 1.5.1 but wifi is weird wheni get to work trying to use work wifi and when i got home, it is hard to get my home network to connect

Guest Hilo27

I am the only one, who see minor twitching interfaces on latest LN? I'm guessing that this is due to latest cyanogenmod build, because in LN 1.2.2 everything smooth

Edited by Hilo27

Guest Morris Lee
I am the only one, who see minor twitching interfaces on latest LN? I'm guessing that this is due to latest cyanogenmod build, because in LN 1.2.2 everything smooth

What do you mean??