☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest thepasto

To avoid my wifi problem I have do this:

• Make all wipe;
  • Install 1.5.0, 1.5.1, 1.5.2 and 1.5.3 then reboot my phone;
  • Install 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 (without wipe) the reboot my phone;

Now my wifi works but sometimes my phone reboot without a reason!

With a clear installtion (all wipe then 1.6.0 and 1.6.1) I don't have reboot but the wifi doesn't work after the first reboot...

Do you have some idea? Thanks

yeah just read some posts above.

I have use LN 1.6.1 but USB tethering does't work. Please fix it.

Tether is working fine. What's your os? do you have sdmultimount installed?

Guest fpkekko

my wifi stop working, now i can see the ssid of my wlan but my smartphone can't connect to it.

This is my aLogCat:

E/WMSTS ( 148): Month is invalid: 0

E/GlsClient-query(11283): requestFailed

E/GlsClient-query(11283): java.net.UnknownHostException: www.google.com

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at java.net.InetAddress.lookupHostByName(InetAddress.java:506)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByNameImpl(InetAddress.java:294)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:256)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:136)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPoolEntry.open(AbstractPoolEntry.java:164)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPooledConnAdapter.open(AbstractPooledConnAdapter.java:119)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:359)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:555)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:487)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at N.e.execute(Unknown Source)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at N.k.a(Unknown Source)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at N.k.execute(Unknown Source)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at N.k.execute(Unknown Source)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at N.c.h(Unknown Source)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at N.c.d(Unknown Source)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at at.d.run(Unknown Source)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at at.g.c(Unknown Source)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at at.g.run(Unknown Source)

E/GlsClient-query(11283): at aJ.b.run(Unknown Source)

E/lights ( 382): Light battery: 0x0

E/dhcpcd (11351): timed out

E/WifiStateTracker( 382): DHCP renewal failed: DHCP result was failed

E/dhcpcd (11424): timed out

E/WifiStateTracker( 382): DHCP renewal failed: DHCP result was failed

E/Tethering( 382): attempting to remove unknown iface (eth0), ignoring

Guest Tsaeb

I think this might be a few peoples issue...

I guess because it is not written in the first post.... I think it would be better starting from a clean leaked rom...

Edited by Tsaeb

Guest gateaublaster

Excellent job guys this ROM and update (1.6.1) are working perfectly for me so far .. keep up the good work and if I had enough to buy myself a beer I'd buy you one too .. keep up the good work and I will keep saving for that beer ..

Guest sambapati

[/quote

For me all seem work fine, about the problems that I read in other messages i can say:

-started from 1.5.3, update liquid next 2 and rom 1.6 , reboot, update liquid next 2.01 and rom 1.6.1, reboot (without wipe):

* wifi is ok (open and wpa)

* hidden wifi (802.1x EAP)is ok (but only after that i removed /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf)

* mic problem with google apps is ok (now the level seems too high )

* Videocamera and sound is ok (I do not know the fps but it seems smooth)

* Player video is ok

* Wifi and USB tethering is ok (i use a Multi Mount USB)

* I just have some doubts about the accuracy of the compass

Great work boys . I am ready for donate ;)

Edited by sambapati

Guest tk8232

thanks for fixing the low mic issue! works fine now. (liquid e)

1.6.1 update deleted my wifi points. but after reentering passkey wifi worked again.

nice work guys!

now the rom is very near to perfect!

Guest Liquidator

Still, no luck for me with native VOIP and VoipBuster. What can I do to help you guys to make this work? It used to work in other ROMs..

Guest Liquidator

Aha. How do I change audio codec?

I think it is a wrong or not compatibile codec.

With csipsimple same problem, but changing audio codec now it works

Guest SerialBlack

Acer sync is not installed in this custom rom (and in many others). Simply reinstall it. If I remember well you can find acer stuff in first page of t&l rom.

Okay, I got it to sync the calender, but the sync fails when trying to connect to remote device? Not sure what it means, or how to fix that...any suggestions?

Guest Schulzor

Win 1.6.1 update the wifi works but the signal quality is poor... in many case I have to be near my router to connect with my wifi.

With 1.5.x near my router I had 4 bars of signal, now with 1.6.1 I have only ONE BAR!

i have the same problem. the ping of the wifi connection is high and the download is low. the connection is unstable, too.

Guest renzs

For me all seem work fine, about the problems that I read in other messages i can say:

-started from 1.5.3, update liquid next 2 and rom 1.6 , reboot, update liquid next 2.01 and rom 1.6.1, reboot (without wipe):

* wifi is ok (open and wpa)

* hidden wifi (802.1x EAP)is ok (but only after that i removed /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf)

* mic problem with google apps is ok (now the level seems too high )

* Videocamera and sound is ok (I do not know the fps but it seems smooth)

* Player video is ok

* Wifi and USB tethering is ok (i use a Multi Mount USB)

* I just have some doubts about the accuracy of the compass

Great work boys . I am ready for donate ;)

Hi, may I know what base bin you are using? Is it the 4.008.08 or the 4.002.14?

~renzs

Edited by renzs

Guest renzs

Hi thepasto, I updated issue 37 in bugtracker. Problem still persist after clean install.

~renzs

Guest Deco Bryl

First-time LiquidNext user here. The first time I installed LiquidNext 1.6, my Liquid E had a very, very hard time connecting to my carrier upon boot. For the first few minutes, attempting to manually search for a network would result in an instant error. On subsequent boots, it would try to connect automatically but get stuck in an endless loop of rapidly trying and failing with an error. Installing the 1.6.1 update didn't help.

So, I booted into Malez Recovery, did another wipe-all, reflashed LiquidNext 1.6, rebooted, booted back into Malez Recovery, reflashed 1.6.1, and rebooted. This time, my Liquid E would always refuse to connect automatically to my carrier upon boot, but it no longer returned an error on manual attempts and would usually connect on the first try. From skimming the last several posts, though, it seems few, if any, are experiencing this issue.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good ROM. I can't believe how much snappier it is than the carrier-branded ROM, even without increasing the CPU clock speed. I've got so much more internal storage now.

The only thing I really, really don't like is that the default contacts and calendar apps won't let me store contacts and calendar entries without uploading them to my Google account. This is Google's fault, though, not LiquidNext's. I think I'll downgrade to an Android 2.2 ROM. It's a shame. LiquidNext runs quite well despite its quirks, and Android 2.3's aesthetics are quite pleasing.

Edit: After the anger wore off, I discovered I could prevent my contacts and calendar from being uploaded simply by disabling synchronization for them. I didn't even know I could fine-tune synchronization like that. Looks like I'll be sticking with LiquidNext for a little while longer.

Edited by Deco Bryl

Guest kaerry

Aha. How do I change audio codec?

In native gingerVoip i don't know but with csipsimple it is.... simple! Go to config, audio, codec. Then disable the first codec.

Guest Deco Bryl

Just ran into a few more quirks in LiquidNext 1.6.1. In Language & Keyboard Settings, when I try to enable alternate input methods, I can enable the first one I check, but every subsequent one refuses to be checked. If I back out of Language & Keyboard Settings and go back in, the system will let me check another one, but again, no other input method can then be checked until I back out and go back in again. Oddly enough, whether I've checked an input method already or not, I can freely uncheck checked input methods.

Also, on every reboot, the input method resets back to the Android keyboard, regardless of the input method I was using previously.

Edited by Deco Bryl

Guest BigWheeelS

Hi all. Thanks to all authors. It is stable and perfomance ROM.

And awesome: I get 31.1FPS in NeoCore. On all ROMs I tried (from 2.1 to 2.3.4) had maximum 28FPS.

There is a small problem for me with LEDs: If I receive a new SMS led works correctly, but if I receive missed call then missed call LED flashes with mail LED.

I tried to uncheck "Fix missed call LED" in LiquidNext Parts: when it's unchecked then only mail LED flashes for missed call. May be I do something wrong?

Thanks anyway...

Guest balseraf

Hi all!

Great ROM!!! rolleyes.gif

My compliments to everybody involved!

I have a question about update.

I have version 1.5.1 installed and I want to update without wipe.

Do I have to:

reboot into malez -> 1.5.2 -> reboot -> reboot into malez -> 1.5.3 -> reboot -> reboot into malez -> 1.6 -> reboot -> reboot into malez -> 1.6.1 -> reboot

or simply

reboot into malez -> 1.6 -> reboot -> reboot into malez -> 1.6.1 -> reboot

or something else?

Thanks,

Marco

Guest tk8232

tonight my liquid showed some strange behavior. when i went to bed, i connected the usb loader and switched off the screen. this morning i unplugged the phone, went to work and noticed, that it would not turn on. not when pushing on button short, and not when pushing the on button for long. only after i disconnected the battery the phone would boot again, but it booted with only 50% battery power. i´m not sure if the phone crashed at night and the loading was interrupted by the crash, or if it drained 50% in the one hour i was on my way to work. i never had freezes or crashes before with the older rom versions

Guest sambapati

Hi, may I know what base bin you are using? Is it the 4.008.08 or the 4.002.14?

~renzs

Acer Liquid E / 4.008.08 VFIT / LiquidNext 1.61 ROM

I am using the 4. 002. 14

Guest elbartoo

Hi all!

Great ROM!!! rolleyes.gif

My compliments to everybody involved!

I have a question about update.

I have version 1.5.1 installed and I want to update without wipe.

Do I have to:

reboot into malez -> 1.5.2 -> reboot -> reboot into malez -> 1.5.3 -> reboot -> reboot into malez -> 1.6 -> reboot -> reboot into malez -> 1.6.1 -> reboot

or simply

reboot into malez -> 1.6 -> reboot -> reboot into malez -> 1.6.1 -> reboot

or something else?

Thanks,

Marco

As 1.6 is a major update, you simply start your flashes at the 1.6.

Guest elbartoo

Hey!

Just a small question concerning Google Talk:

As this ROM is on Android 2.3.4, why don't we have the new Talk application to make audio chat? Or even video, even if watching the walls with the rear camera may not be fun for our friends!