☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest kaerry

Great ROM! Maybe I found a bug.I tried built-in voip client with eutelia account but it doesn't work: I dont hear nothing and interlocutor hear only dtmf (no voice no noise).

I tried also csipsimple: I can hear interlocutor but microphone doesn't work.

I have LiquidNext 1.6.1 installed after manual full wipe over stock froyo.

[italiano]

Splendida ROM. Forse ho trovato un bug:

Ho provato il client voip integrato con un account Eutelia ma non funziona: dal cellulare non sento nulla ed il mio interlocutore sente soltanto il tono della pressione dei tasti (nessun rumore o voce).

Ho anche provato csipsimple: riesco a sentire il mio interlocutore ma il microfono non funziona affatto.

Preciso che ho installato LIquidNext 1.6.1 dopo un full wipe manuale sopra una ROM froyo stock.

Use csipsimple or sipdroid, change the standard codec with another from the list

Guest blueyes80

Use csipsimple or sipdroid, change the standard codec with another from the list

Tried... microphone doesn't work.

I have a lot of FC with sipdroid

Guest bellanano

no it's an android bug if we can call it bug :P No our rom related. If ringtones have no ANDROID_LOOP tag they can't loop. Only a google choice

Ok, didnt' know, i had lcr before LN and mp3 loops correctly so i think malez made some tricks about that!

Guest albi86

@Suxsem and Thepasto

this rom is spectacular and very veru fast, but there are still some bugs:sometimes the screen remains black after a call and when i receive a call, when off the screen, the notification led of calls and messages work simoltaneously, why ? The rest seems to work well !

Guest zorginho

Albi write ur bugs on the bugtracker it is in the first page, the screen remains off because the lnp was killed by Android during the call...

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Guest peixinho

My acer when I check the "Fix sms led", after some time, start blinking the sms led because of the SuperUser access from LiquidNext Settings, is there anyway to hide that?

Thanks ;)

Guest formulator

People who are having trouble with the screen not coming on after/during call. Try disabling the proximity sensor in LNP then reboot (will prompt you to do so). After phone comes back go back and enable it again and reboot (will prompt you again). Afterwards see if you still have the issue. I did this and haven't had an issue since although I have not had time to test it extensively.

Guest parvata

Hi,

Actually I use MIUI 1.7.15 and I see the same problem too. After sometime into a call the screen shuts off and never comes back on again. I also use shake awake but that does not help either. Don't know what the solution is yet. But I will try this suggestion and see if it works. Thanks.

People who are having trouble with the screen not coming on after/during call. Try disabling the proximity sensor in LNP then reboot (will prompt you to do so). After phone comes back go back and enable it again and reboot (will prompt you again). Afterwards see if you still have the issue. I did this and haven't had an issue since although I have not had time to test it extensively.

Guest kaerry

Tried... microphone doesn't work.

I have a lot of FC with sipdroid

Try all codec one by one. For me disabile the first and using the second then it is ok with sipdroid (i haven't fc)

Guest flasherPSM

Just flashed it, a few remarks/questions:

- ALL THOSE SETTINGS :P Couldn't you just put them together instead of in 3 places (default, CM, LNP)?

- Can you put the homescreen and menu in landscape mode?

Guest shaa80

Hello Guys,

I am apologize for stupid questions.

But I want to install 1.6.1 and have several questions:

1) What does mean "wipe everything manually"? Is it the same as "Wipe all (including SD:ext)" in malezRecovery? Or should I do something different? If so then please tell me what I need to do

2) 1.6 is UPDATE/OTA - "you can update without wiping nothing". This is clear... but with wiping is better or not?

3) Should I install previous LiquidNext versions before? Or I can install 1.6 over my current rom?

4) I have "LeoGingerBread's LiquidEdition v5.0" right now. I assume that better to install your rom over Acer's Android 2.2 ROM? Right? If so then how can I install it? Just flash it with Acer's update utility?

5) Is it better to use latest official ROM from Acer (I think this is Android 2.1) or can I use "Liquid E Android 2.2 (unlocked for 256mb)"?

6) How to flash your rom? WIth malezRecovery?

I am looking forward for your responses.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Alexander

Guest arkoudigr

Hello guys, I updated to 1.6 from MIUI and then to 1.6.1 and I don't have WIFI. It starts, it can't find any network and then it shuts down by itself. In general the rom is smooth and fast I like it.

Guest RubenR6

^^ look a few pages back, there you will find this and your WiFi will work again. Good luck!

If you still have permissions problem with wifi try with

turn off your wifi

adb remount

adb shell chmod -R 770 /data/misc/wifi/sockets

turn it on it should work now

Guest miho87

1) What does mean "wipe everything manually"? Is it the same as "Wipe all (including SD:ext)" in malezRecovery? Or should I do something different? If so then please tell me what I need to do

2) 1.6 is UPDATE/OTA - "you can update without wiping nothing". This is clear... but with wiping is better or not?

3) Should I install previous LiquidNext versions before? Or I can install 1.6 over my current rom?

4) I have "LeoGingerBread's LiquidEdition v5.0" right now. I assume that better to install your rom over Acer's Android 2.2 ROM? Right? If so then how can I install it? Just flash it with Acer's update utility?

5) Is it better to use latest official ROM from Acer (I think this is Android 2.1) or can I use "Liquid E Android 2.2 (unlocked for 256mb)"?

6) How to flash your rom? WIth malezRecovery?

Hey shaa80!

1) As far as i know, the "wipe all (including SD:ext)" does not work the right way. Instead, wipe each item per hand, at least Data and Dalvik cache. I always wipe SD:Ext too, since I want to have a clean install of my apps when I update my rom.

2) When you install LiquidNext the first time, a wipe would be the best, I guess. For updates in the future you can skip wiping if you want to.

3) 1.6 is a full rom, so it suffices to install it.

4) It should be possible to install LiquidNext right on top of your current rom. But for avoiding possible problems, I suggest to make a clean install of a current bin first, for example 4.002.14. And yes, this can be done with the official Acer tool.

5) I think the majority of us uses 4.002.14 or 4.008.08. But I don't know what's the "best" bin to use.

6) Yes

Guest elbartoo

Hey shaa80!

1) As far as i know, the "wipe all (including SD:ext)" does not work the right way. Instead, wipe each item per hand, at least Data and Dalvik cache. I always wipe SD:Ext too, since I want to have a clean install of my apps when I update my rom.

2) When you install LiquidNext the first time, a wipe would be the best, I guess. For updates in the future you can skip wiping if you want to.

4) It should be possible to install LiquidNext right on top of your current rom. But for avoiding possible problems, I suggest to make a clean install of a current bin first, for example 4.002.14. And yes, this can be done with the official Acer tool.

5) I think the majority of us uses 4.002.14 or 4.008.08. But I don't know what's the "best" bin to use.

6) Yes

Concerning the bin, you must have a Froyo bin installed on your phone, like the two above. Don't try to install the ROM on top of an Eclair bin!

Guest peixinho

My acer when I check the "Fix sms led", after some time, start blinking the sms led because of the SuperUser access from LiquidNext Settings, is there anyway to hide that?

Thanks ;)

Any suggestion please?

Guest shaa80

Hey shaa80!

6) Yes

Hello miho,

Thank you very much for response.

Re 1) How I can do that? Via malezRecovery (so just use other items in menu (not "wipe all (including SD:ext)"))? Right?

Which one should be used?

"Wipe data/factory reset" - I think no. Right?

"Wipe dalvik-cache" - yes. Right?

"Wipe SD:ext partition" - I assume yes. Right?

"Wipe battery stats" - I think no. Right? Or am I wrong?

"Wipe rotate setting" - I assume yes. Right?

"Wipe cache" - I think yes. Right?

Re 5) What ROM you had before update?

Best regards,

Alexander

Guest wind_lok

thank you for developing a great 2.3 rom for liquid user!!laugh.gif

i am new to liquidnext and 2.3, i found that once i got a missed call, i have to use the bulti-in dialer to clear the missed call icon on notification bar. When i was using 2.2, i can simply press the notification and open the 3rd-party dialer the clear it. Do you have any idea about this?

thanks a lot.

sorry for my poor english...

Guest fpkekko

Is possible to add the function "long press back button" for kill the current app? LeoGinger has this function and this is very very usefull function

Guest fear_factory84

thank you for developing a great 2.3 rom for liquid user!!laugh.gif

i am new to liquidnext and 2.3, i found that once i got a missed call, i have to use the bulti-in dialer to clear the missed call icon on notification bar. When i was using 2.2, i can simply press the notification and open the 3rd-party dialer the clear it. Do you have any idea about this?

thanks a lot.

sorry for my poor english...

Why don't you use the notification tray button "clear"? :D

Is possible to add the function "long press back button" for kill the current app? LeoGinger has this function and this is very very usefull function

Go to settings, applications, development, terminate by long press..

Guest fpkekko

Why don't you use the notification tray button "clear"? :D

Go to settings, applications, development, terminate by long press..

:o :o :o :o

thanks

Edited by fpkekko

Guest bellanano

People who are having trouble with the screen not coming on after/during call.

A new thing about that.

I've found that with usb cable connected the problem is NOT present ( i was trying to catch problem via logcat ) but when i disconnect the usb cable the screen doesn't come on.

Is there a way to catch logcat in a local file without usb cable?

Guest bellanano

Ok, found a way, i think this is the problem, but i leave all the log, i tryied 2 time to wake up the screen :

I/power ( 589): *** set_screen_state 1

I/Effect-Equalizer( 147): Setting loudness correction reference to 100.000000 dB

W/System.err( 2661): java.lang.RuntimeException: WakeLock under-locked bring phone call

I/ActivityManager( 589): moveTaskToBack: 4

W/System.err( 2661): at android.os.PowerManager$WakeLock.release(PowerManager.java:307)

W/System.err( 2661): at android.os.PowerManager$WakeLock.release(PowerManager.java:282)

W/System.err( 2661): at com.suxsem.liquidnextparts.components.main_service.stopcall(main_service.java:213)

W/System.err( 2661): at com.suxsem.liquidnextparts.components.IncomingCallReceiver.onReceive(IncomingCallReceiver.java:17)

W/System.err( 2661): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleReceiver(ActivityThread.java:1915)

W/System.err( 2661): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2400(ActivityThread.java:123)

W/System.err( 2661): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:989)

W/System.err( 2661): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

W/System.err( 2661): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)

W/System.err( 2661): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3835)

W/System.err( 2661): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

W/System.err( 2661): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)

W/System.err( 2661): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:847)

W/System.err( 2661): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:605)

W/System.err( 2661): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

log.txt