☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest Daneel_87

I suppose a2sd does the same thing on 1.8, but why then I quickly ran out of internal memory when I was restoring my apps? Was it a2sd fault or did I do something wrong?

it was data, on a2sd you could move that only from terminal, now with sdman you can move that from the GUI too

Guest Stangoesagain
it was data, on a2sd you could move that only from terminal, now with sdman you can move that from the GUI too

Yay!

Now it's a tough choice between flashing 1.9 and sandbagging the house to protect form coming floods here in Bangkok.

Guest ManniX.ita

Finally with LN 1.9.1 I almost fixed all my issues.

But I have a new one: while in sdman I've accidentally click the back button.

Now every time I select from LNP "SDMAN script tweaker" or "V6 script tweaker" I see the terminal windows sliding in and out quickly and a notification saying "Terminal session is running"... well I can open Terminal emulator from apps list and it works, but this is pretty strange.

Beside that and the flacky camera almost all looks working good.

Not sure about battery drain but it looks last longer with SmartassV2 governor for me. Now I can overlock to 960mhz and I have no slowdowns. With undervolt kernel I can't go above 768Mhz. No way my CPU can go down to 128Mhz, freeze at boot and slowdowns.

Finally the SD card works better, but still not fast as LN 1.6, now 17.1MB/s read and 7.2MB/s write, before it was 25MB/s read and 9MB/s write. Still much better 14MB/s read and 4MB/s write from LN 1.8/1.9.

If you still have issues with SDman or RW mount of system from LNP, don't restore backup data from the Google account.

In all the benchmarks my phone is now, for the first time, in par or leading @960Mhz: Antutu 2546 points, realPi 4.38, Quadrant 1231, BenchmarkPi 1173, SmartBench2011 PI1227/GI865, Neocore 31.9fps.

Great work from Sux and thepasto :D

Guest nyancat

this is kinda dumb, but if your phone always forceclosing you can try this :

Instructions:

1. Open Settings.

2. Open Language & Keyboards.

3. Select Language to English US (Repeat if already Eng US)

4. IT WORKS NOW!!!! : Dserif'; font-size: 14px; ">it will fix force closing on metal camera and new android marketrolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Edited by nyancat

Hi,

I have disabled the proximity sensor in LPN because after answering the phone,the screen would not wake up and I would have to pull the

battery to reboot the phone.Only problem with this is using more power because screen will stay on during call. Is there a fix for this?

Also I have a notification to install LPN but it is already installed?

Thanks in advanced

Guest Carlos294W

Hi all,

really excellent work with LiquidNext, I flashed version 1.9 a few days ago and it was simply amazing. However, there is a strange problem that prevent me from enjoying LN as my main ROM, despite it's an awesome one.

There's a disturbing problem with mobile networks. When I turn on my Liquid, there's no way to properly acquire network signal, and obviously data connection. My mobile network signal icon is grey and empty, without any bar. Exactly as if my Liquid was inside of a bunker. Pretty annoying... Beforehand, I have to say I have Malez Recovery and I've wiped all data several times, but nothing changes, and unfortunately my Android knowledge doesn't go beyond Root Explorer and adb... :(

In (Settings - Wireless - Mobile Networks - Network Operators) the phone is continuously searching for a suitable network, and this process (that makes impossible a phone call) seems to finish until 5 or 10 minutes later. But if I turn on WiFi, it all mysteriously fixes, I don't know the reason. And last but not least, my APN option allows me to create a new APN, but when I tap on "Save", the phone does not save any of the previously entered info.

If any of you could bring some light to this problem, I'm sure I would not be the only one who would re-flash LN immediately :D

Thanks in advance!

Noticed a little typo in sdman log lines

"thepato LN-TEAM"

xD

sdman is a thepasto script, i wrote it on facebook :) i just create the gui for LNP

i first started using LN 1.9 few days ago going complete wipe clean install. now i just updated to 1.9.1. all is well except for Metal Camera. it is not available on my phone. i reboot, and can not find it. another thing i just notice today is CM7's Lockscreen > Widget options > Locscreen gestures > Build gestures when i try to "add gestures" it crashes with the message "(process com.cyanogenmod.cmparts) has stopped unexpected." is this function working for everyone else?

update: so, with 1.9 i was not able to use Metal Camera, however under Settings > LN > user Metal Camera app when i toggle that it would show the stock camera. when i updated to 1.9.1 i still don't have Metal Camera and worse when i toggle it with Settings > LN > user Metal Camera app the stock camera disappeared as well.

i decided to checked /system/app and noticed a file name camera.stock_lock and after renaming that to camera.apk the camera works again. does anyone know what i find download Metal Camera from?

lnp metal camera switch is bugged. we have fixed this issue and release new version of LiquidNext soon

Hi all,

really excellent work with LiquidNext, I flashed version 1.9 a few days ago and it was simply amazing. However, there is a strange problem that prevent me from enjoying LN as my main ROM, despite it's an awesome one.

There's a disturbing problem with mobile networks. When I turn on my Liquid, there's no way to properly acquire network signal, and obviously data connection. My mobile network signal icon is grey and empty, without any bar. Exactly as if my Liquid was inside of a bunker. Pretty annoying... Beforehand, I have to say I have Malez Recovery and I've wiped all data several times, but nothing changes, and unfortunately my Android knowledge doesn't go beyond Root Explorer and adb... :(

In (Settings - Wireless - Mobile Networks - Network Operators) the phone is continuously searching for a suitable network, and this process (that makes impossible a phone call) seems to finish until 5 or 10 minutes later. But if I turn on WiFi, it all mysteriously fixes, I don't know the reason. And last but not least, my APN option allows me to create a new APN, but when I tap on "Save", the phone does not save any of the previously entered info.

If any of you could bring some light to this problem, I'm sure I would not be the only one who would re-flash LN immediately :D

Thanks in advance!

other people had this problem... a full wipe solve it

edit: oh just read that you wiped... let me thinking

Edited by Suxsem

Guest vikings123

Upgraded to 1.9.1 without wiping anything and got no network... even after some reboots. Wireless network setting is grayed out, seems like it's not getting the SIM card. I'll try to reflash and, if still broken, to wipe.

you need to do full wipe before flash a new rom.

unless dev says no need to.

Guest thirtytwodave

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

I had a similar problem i wiped twice and re-installed and has been running fine ever since

Guest ghettoracer
i decided to checked /system/app and noticed a file name camera.stock_lock and after renaming that to camera.apk the camera works again. does anyone know what i find download Metal Camera from?

screenshot-1318743746432.png

screenshot-1318743871948.png

this is the interface of the camera.stock_lock that i renamed. could somebody tell me which camera program this is? glad to hear Metal Camera will be fixed for the next release!!

Guest TheShak

Just wanted to say that using undervolted kernel in 1.9.1 definately gives better battery life about 30 - 40% increase for me! Excellent :P

It's good to see the old team at work here. Been using MIUI for a long while, but this port seems to have matured into a top rom.

No issues except the ADW FC when pressing the dots on the side of the dock menu

thanks

Guest Ma7moud

screenshot-1318743746432.png

screenshot-1318743871948.png

this is the interface of the camera.stock_lock that i renamed. could somebody tell me which camera program this is? glad to hear Metal Camera will be fixed for the next release!!

this is the Metal Camera, the stock camera looks like this :

screenshot%5Cef0484f2-c61c.gif

Guest zorginho

hey suxsem i've a report:

sometimes opening the apps i've the black screen for 2 o 3 seconds then the app starts.

it is a sdman's issue or i need to tweak something?

Edited by zorginho

Guest Liqushi

Which CPU governor would you advise?

Can you link me a guide to CPU governors to know how each of them work?

I'm using scary and I found is good but just for making me a little of culture :D

Guest zorginho

Ghettoracer, ur reply is useless he asked for CPU governors, not how to oc.

And his question is pretty interesting, on ln site there's no explanation about that.

Guest MrVanes

I just want to say that 1.9.1 with UV kernel is one of the best LN releases I've used in a long time. I don't use apps2sd/sdman/swap/foobar or any of that sh*t, so that's probably my luck, but in that context, this ROM just ROCKS! Keep up the good work devs!

Guest Stangoesagain

I need ROMs like this mainly because Acer doesn't have enough internal memory to hold my apps and ext2 on SD card is much better solution than moving apps to FAT. Swap is not needed on Liquid E and I don't use it anymore but scrips like SDman are absolutely necessary, it's not a matter of choice.

Guest McLoy2008

Which CPU governor would you advise?

Can you link me a guide to CPU governors to know how each of them work?

I'm using scary and I found is good but just for making me a little of culture :D

Hello,

this is what I've found some time ago. It's not updated with all the governors we can use in our liquids, but I think it's a good starting point to have a clue about them.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=843406

I hope this helps. If anyone can find something better please let me know.

Bye for now.