Advent Vega Docking Station

Guest vulpy

Guest stepvan
Managed to purchase a dock today in Currys Falkirk (even further from Somerset sorry :) ).

Initially I was met by quizzical and rather gormless looks from the staff when I asked if they had any in stock. Was amused and somewhat perplexed to note that their first attempt at finding it was to do a Google search which brought up this thread. After a bit of perseverance by a more knowledgeable and helpful member of staff they determined that they had one in stock and I am now typing this on my external keyboard via the dock.

The DSG internal item code is 419767 which they found by doing a text search on "ADVENT DOCK" on their internal DSG system. Looking at the local stock I noted that there were more than 10 in Glasgow and a couple each in PC World in Stirling, Kirkcaldy and East Kilbride (a little nearer to Somerset...).

Seems that even though the on-line option to purchase has gone for the moment if you ask your local Currys/PC World store to do a check on item 419767 then you may be in luck.

Thanks c/monkey, I phoned pcworld helpline quoting the dsg code and they had 2 at my local store which is in bolton lancs. I have just picked it up and works fine.

Steve

Guest Bazabaza

Oops. Tried the Dell connector from my streak. Goes in back to front so screen facing away. Didn't have the courage to plug it into anything in case of electrical damage.

Guest Andy From Ireland

USING KEYBOARD & MOUSE WITH THE DOCK: I have the dock its a great add-on for tthe Vega really good to have rather than not have. So now I have tried a USB keyboard and mouse on the dock and they work yippee :) - only thing is without an arrow/cursor on the screen you cannot see where you are pointing your mouse to. so i just want to ask does anyone know if there is an app (APK) that can show a cursor on the screen for the Vega?

Guest IanTurner
USING KEYBOARD & MOUSE WITH THE DOCK: I have the dock its a great add-on for tthe Vega really good to have rather than not have. So now I have tried a USB keyboard and mouse on the dock and they work yippee :) - only thing is without an arrow/cursor on the screen you cannot see where you are pointing your mouse to. so i just want to ask does anyone know if there is an app (APK) that can show a cursor on the screen for the Vega?

look down here for newbe5s solution

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Splodger

Bought the Advent Vega Docking Station from Currys online last night - £24.99 with free delivery if you're not in a hurry. I think some of the PC World stores seem to have it available as Collect @ Store but they seemed to be wanting £29.99 . . .