Gingerbread for O2X being tested by LG?

Guest Peterfdevries

Guest JugglerLKR
Gingerbread will never be released by LG. LG has cheated all of us!

I believe LG will update to GB. But only when it becomes outdated and noone want it anyway ;-)

Edited by JugglerLKR

Guest mparack

Hey Batkoto

Do shed some light. are we going to get an update beyond V10d sometime soon before we get the GB in fall (hopefully!!) just so that we can set our expectations accordingly. The uncertainty is more frustrating than anything. It's nearly the end of June and there are no updates for a lot of people so just wondering if LG meant the 'June Update' to be the rollout of V10d worldwide??

Guest Batkoto
Hey Batkoto

Do shed some light. are we going to get an update beyond V10d sometime soon before we get the GB in fall (hopefully!!) just so that we can set our expectations accordingly. The uncertainty is more frustrating than anything. It's nearly the end of June and there are no updates for a lot of people so just wondering if LG meant the 'June Update' to be the rollout of V10d worldwide??

GB will come for P990, date when this will happen will be soon announced.

In regards to FR update, they will be rolled out if needed and to specific country as each country has its own SW and version of the SW.

Guest mparack
GB will come for P990, date when this will happen will be soon announced.

In regards to FR update, they will be rolled out if needed and to specific country as each country has its own SW and version of the SW.

That dreaded word again: 'SOON'

Anyway, that seems to suggest that my hunch was right. LG will update everyone to V10d equivalent so no more software updates for UK customers at least until GB is released :)

Having said that, I got a replacement handset after the USB connection problems. It had V10d out of the box with 20110405 BB and so far no freezes or BSODs. Overall much better than before but minor gripes with the battery, bloatware and lockscreen so I reckon I will just wait for GB and then assess...

Guest cosmicvibes

I love the quote from LG on this. The delay is so that:

"Optimus customers will not experience the types of bugs found in smartphones recently upgraded to Android 2.3"

As opposed to the bugs customers are currently experiencing with the stock rom you mean?

I absolutely understand LG delaying it to "get it right" - but why not just release the source right now, so we at least have an unsupported release that those inclined can work on. Hell, they might even solve a few problems for you. The majority of people will wait for the final release whenever that comes.

Oh wait, scratch that - the majority of people will probably never upgrade - or even know it's possible. And instead be forever pissed off with your company and the problems it gave them. I wonder how many people have returned the handsets already? Honestly LG - being secretive is really not the best policy.

Guest Involver

... kinda reminds me of the old days when we all had to wait for ages for the HTC Hero updates ;-) - and thank god we all had Paul to work on some ROM candy for us then as well!

Guest wapz
... kinda reminds me of the old days when we all had to wait for ages for the HTC Hero updates ;-) - and thank god we all had Paul to work on some ROM candy for us then as well!

indeed. lg is at the same level htc was in the days of the hero. very, unexperienced and unprofessional when it comes to releasing updates.

we have to realize that these are hardware manufacturers google is asking to provide software updates, at which they have always been bad. some of them are getting better at it, notably Samsung (my TV gets a new software upgrade monthly), and HTC and even Sony, but LG is still getting the hang of this game.

Google should have known better, because in the end the customers of their smartphone OS are suffering.

Guest Batkoto
Batkoto

Where are you? Have you get my PM?

You dont really think I spend all day and night in the forum...arent you?

I got your PM today...

Guest zerooonekenobi

LGNews Romania just posted on facebook that there is a new update available - v10E and confirmed that the update to 2.3 will be available in September. So no GB this summer:(

Guest zippyioa

As per the topic of this thread, I have no idea if LG are testing Gingerbread on O2X.... but I do know that Paul is :)

Edited by zippyioa