Work out a ZTE Vanilla Gingerbread leak out version[Kernel 2.6.35]

Guest burstlam

Guest zabtcent

Anyone noticed that camera is still crap if you compare it with 2.2 roms? With LG camera on 2.2 i can record with 800X 480 without problems and videos are crisp. On gingerbread it´s pixelated like hell... Any ideas..But still it´s nearly perfect rom..hehe..Keep Up The GOOD work

Guest Len Ash
agreed :-)

I can bung the signed file (not update) on here if you want to add to my ROM and try. Miles better.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest whatcolour
I can bung the signed file (not update) on here if you want to add to my ROM and try. Miles better.

Yes, do that please :-) I am using my own modded version of the dump, but as soon as you haven't resigned framework testing it should only be a straight swap. gr8 work m8!

Edited by whatcolour

Guest manji
Not having too much success making an AOSP type dialler/contacts combo at the moment, but not spent too much time on it as of yet.

The ROM I posted yesterday (in Post 166) has had some hammer today and has been spot on. GPS and Google Nav performed perfectly in the Car and elsewhere, nothing died, no reboots, no FCs. Push and pull emails all good, Handcent works a treat too.

All I have done recently is mod framework-res to improve the crappy stock autobrightness levels. Which now work over a greater range and in more "smooth" steps. It has also reduced in size by 1/3rd...

Happy days

Very nice to hear this!! :)

AOSP dialler/contacts next! B)

Guest whatcolour

Thanks, m8. Just tested, AB works brill, dims right down now :-) Though alpha values on the sliding bar (unlock screen) graphics seems to be lost somehow (recall I had this problem before as well, forgot about the fix though) and when you are at it enabling the "H" icon might also be very welcomed (In res\values\bool.xml, change config_hspa_data_distinguishable to true).

Looking forward to your next rom!

Guest Len Ash
Thanks, m8. Just tested, AB works brill, dims right down now :-) Though alpha values on the sliding bar (unlock screen) graphics seems to be lost somehow (recall I had this problem before as well, forgot about the fix though) and when you are at it enabling the "H" icon might also be very welcomed (In res\values\bool.xml, change config_hspa_data_distinguishable to true).

Looking forward to your next rom!

Yep, noticed the 3G and no H just. Bugger!

I'll sort. The AB settings go lower and higher now. ZTE really fooked up. CM7 is another story...

I've had a lot of practice with AB.... :-)

Edited by Len Ash

Guest dibbles
Not having too much success making an AOSP type dialler/contacts combo at the moment, but not spent too much time on it as of yet.

The ROM I posted yesterday (in Post 166) has had some hammer today and has been spot on. GPS and Google Nav performed perfectly in the Car and elsewhere, nothing died, no reboots, no FCs. Push and pull emails all good, Handcent works a treat too.

All I have done recently is mod framework-res to improve the crappy stock autobrightness levels. Which now work over a greater range and in more "smooth" steps. It has also reduced in size by 1/3rd...

Happy days

Len are you able to display your contact photos in Handcent..? Using that or Go SMS and neither will display the photos and yet were fine with your phat SS ROM. The std messaging app will display the photos fine.

Guest Len Ash
Len are you able to display your contact photos in Handcent..? Using that or Go SMS and neither will display the photos and yet were fine with your phat SS ROM. The std messaging app will display the photos fine.

Will have a look. If I find the same thing, it may have something to do with the ZTE Contacts.

Guest DonJamal

what the differences this v2.3 and wbaw's work?

by the way battery is horrible on wbaws'rom:/

Edited by DonJamal

Guest Len Ash

by the way battery is horrible :/

They are both different. In many ways. You appear to have tried both, so surely you know?

Battery life is OK so far, what have you installed? It may be keeping the phone awake...

Guest DonJamal
They are both different. In many ways. You appear to have tried both, so surely you know?

Battery life is OK so far, what have you installed? It may be keeping the phone awake...

im on wbaws'rom and 12hours fall from 100% to 10%

is it better? what do u think?

Guest Len Ash
im on wbaws'rom and 12hours fall from 100% to 10%

is it better? what do u think?

You said the battery was horrible in this thread - so is it bad on this ROM???

(If not, please edit that comment out to avoid misleading others)

Guest dibbles
Will have a look. If I find the same thing, it may have something to do with the ZTE Contacts.

Thanks for that. It might be only "cosmetic" but it was useful when using Handcent.

FYI - At the end of the wbaw thread Kris has released a couple of circle battery mods. One blue and the other green. I am using the green one with your latest release Len and it seems to work a treat.

Guest Len Ash
Thanks for that. It might be only "cosmetic" but it was useful when using Handcent.

FYI - At the end of the wbaw thread Kris has released a couple of circle battery mods. One blue and the other green. I am using the green one with your latest release Len and it seems to work a treat.

I may incorporate that in the next minor update. I have sorted the autobrightness already, so no biggie.

Guest DonJamal
You said the battery was horrible in this thread - so is it bad on this ROM???

(If not, please edit that comment out to avoid misleading others)

yep ure right sorry..so in this rom battery is good...i will try

Guest liamdunn

Yeah the H icon would be nice as i cant tell what the green 3G is and what the white 3G is, This ROM has worked perfectly for me ive got the one before your "end of the day roundup" aaaand so far ive had maybe 1 reboot tho i couldnt tell if it was a full reboot as it only lasted a couple of seconds, but apart from that its great

Guest Len Ash
Yeah the H icon would be nice as i cant tell what the green 3G is and what the white 3G is, This ROM has worked perfectly for me ive got the one before your "end of the day roundup" aaaand so far ive had maybe 1 reboot tho i couldnt tell if it was a full reboot as it only lasted a couple of seconds, but apart from that its great

On the list....

Yeah the H icon would be nice as i cant tell what the green 3G is and what the white 3G is,

H is only displayed, when actual dataflow takes place. 3G is displayed otherwise to save battery. This is common behaviour on Gingerbread.

Green indicates connection to Google Servers, white indicates general network connection. This is common behaviour on all Android versions.

Edited by bhf

Guest liamdunn
H is only displayed, when actual dataflow takes place. 3G is displayed otherwise to save battery. This is common behaviour on Gingerbread.

Green indicates connection to Google Servers, white indicates general network connection. This is common behaviour on all Android versions.

are you sure about that because on my last rom H was displayed all the time and the green and white 3G is the first ive ever seen in any rom ive not seen it on any other even the stock rom the phone came with from orange

Guest burstlam
What do you mean under this?

I try to remounting the file systems with noatime and nodiratime flags to save battery and CPU cycles.

try to increase the speed of sd card and ram by changing the size read ahead cacher

and some tweaks on kernel paging and increase response time

Guest burstlam

by the way battery is horrible on wbaws'rom:/

2.3 one already have tweaks with AB levels.

I am using Wbaw's boot img for he had done the ramdisk editing which I intented to do.

but I think he drops the emode function. for me it stills worth to exist for us to dig out something more

about this kernel.

BTW, if u don't need the fm. remove it will do some good for power saving @ idle time..

2.3 one already have tweaks with AB levels.

I am using Wbaw's boot img for he had done the ramdisk editing which I intented to do.

but I think he drops the emode function. for me it stills worth to exist for us to dig out something more

about this kernel.

BTW, if u don't need the fm. remove it will do some good for power saving @ idle time..

I've updated the boot.img again.

I noticed there was a logging function constantly writing logcat & other log data to /data/local this new boot.img kills it.

I also mounted the mtd@cache partition as mtdcache, just in case you ever need to access it (clockworkmod log files).

Flash this zip using clockwork.

boot.zip

Guest dibbles
I've updated the boot.img again.

I noticed there was a logging function constantly writing logcat & other log data to /data/local this new boot.img kills it.

I also mounted the mtd@cache partition as mtdcache, just in case you ever need to access it (clockworkmod log files).

Flash this zip using clockwork.

Groan....

Just tried the above and it is now stuck at the Green Man screen and will not continue to boot.

This is from using Len's final creation.