Work out a ZTE Vanilla Gingerbread leak out version[Kernel 2.6.35]

Guest burstlam

Groan....

Just tried the above and it is now stuck at the Green Man screen and will not continue to boot.

This is from using Len's final creation.

It wont work on len's rom because his doesn't have init.d support, my boot.img expects that & it'll just hang if it's not there in the rom. You'll need to take the battery out & then reflash len's rom using clockwork (or just the boot.img from his rom). I just posted it here because burstlam said he was using my boot.img in his rom, so it should work with burstlam's version.

Edited by wbaw

Guest dibbles

wbaw - thanks for that :)

Now sorted by reflashing with Len's ROM.

Does that mean that Len does not need this fix in his ROM...?

wbaw - thanks for that :)

Now sorted by reflashing with Len's ROM.

Does that mean that Len does not need this fix in his ROM...?

No it doesn't, it probably does want a similar fix (it's not vital, just a small optimisation), but for his rom to work with my boot.img he'd need to add apps2sd with /etc/init.d support, because the script in my boot.img expects that & wont continue past a certain point in the boot process until apps2sd tells it that the filesystem is ready.

Guest liamdunn

wbaw dunno if you managed to catch the post on your thread but i wanted to know what "increased network buffer sizes" is exactly?

Guest shmizan
Hope the new EGL libs will come good. Menu scrolling speed in this leaked rom is on par with 2.2 -- only thing laggy in CM7 imo

is there a way to replace the libEGL in a CM7 installed ROM with the libEGL from THIS ROM?

Guest Liesse

One of the best reasons to update to Gen 2 / CM7 is the game support. Anyone tried say, Plants Vs Zombies on this rom yet?

(I realise this might seem trivial to some people, but those people may never have been addicted to a popCap game in their lives. Yet.)

Guest VeilaKillar
I've updated the boot.img again.

I noticed there was a logging function constantly writing logcat & other log data to /data/local this new boot.img kills it.

I also mounted the mtd@cache partition as mtdcache, just in case you ever need to access it (clockworkmod log files).

Flash this zip using clockwork.

Sorry for noob question but what should I do to make this boot.img working? I should replace it or install via clockworkmod? And what about data? Will it be erased?

Guest Len Ash
Sorry for noob question but what should I do to make this boot.img working? I should replace it or install via clockworkmod? And what about data? Will it be erased?

Er.. not on this ROM. See wbaw's version. wbaw has explained why not already.

Seems my autobrightness scaling has also been adopted in 2.4 now. Or something akin to it. Dunno.

That pretty well ends my involvement until the next leak or whatever.

In the meantime, here is my version of the enhanced autobrightness mod to framework-res and build.prop (ADB fix). The file is the same one I added a few posts ago for "whatcolour", but in flashable form. It works very well...

V880_Framework.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Guest rob945
Er.. not on this ROM. See wbaw's version. wbaw has explained why not already.

Seems my autobrightness scaling has also been adopted in 2.4 now. Or something akin to it.

That pretty well ends my involvement until the next leak or whatever.

I thought you were doing most of the work? :)

Guest mitchde

@ burstlam:

There are some "unknown" characters in the gps.conf (line 4 = Ôªø#NTP... , also in 2.3 / 2.2 build).

Should be no problem / will overread because later an commented line, but not "normal".

## NTP Time server, use a local one ##

NTP_SERVER=europe.pool.ntp.org

Ôªø#NTP_SERVER=[0123].cn.pool.ntp.org

Edited by mitchde

Guest burstlam
@ burstlam:

There are some "unknown" characters in the gps.conf (line 4 = Ôªø#NTP... , also in 2.3 / 2.2 build).

Should be no problem / will overread because later an commented line, but not "normal".

## NTP Time server, use a local one ##

NTP_SERVER=europe.pool.ntp.org

Ôªø#NTP_SERVER=[0123].cn.pool.ntp.org

thank you I will take care of it.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Again just my opinion, but why did you add circle battery mod as default ? The rom doesn't should be "vanilla like" ?

I really like when the land is empty, this way I can put my own taste apps. I hope we see an real AOSP Gingerbread Rom for our Blade in the future without any apps other than stocks ones. :)

But again, it's just my point of view. ^^

Anyway nice work. B)

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest mitchde

2.4:

GREAT on first sight. Much speedy in User Interaction - the logfile problem may reduced speed (beside battery sucking) in Versions < 2.4

very fast booting, even in first boot after CW install.

GPS is GREAT: Never had 7/7 satellites in around 30 seconds and 8 meters accuracy. CM7 / swed Spring took minutes to get 2-3 satellites and much less accuray.

THANKS !

Edited by mitchde

Guest robinhud2010
Again just my opinion, but why did you add circle battery mod as default ? The rom doesn't should be "vanilla like" ?

I really like when the land is empty, this way I can put my own taste apps. I hope we see an real AOSP Gingerbread Rom for our Blade in the future without any apps other than stocks ones. :)

But again, it's just my point of view. ^^

Anyway nice work. B)

+1

Guest ultron

great rom!i must admit i was shocked with gps because no reboot AND 8/8 satellites in 10 seconds omg...i saw this for first time.anyway the rom is great the only thing i "miss" from cyanogen 7 is the great "accelaration" of games

also excellent scroll no laggy at all

thxfor sharing :)

Edited by ultron

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I tried the rom for 1 day, but after that i went back to SwedishSpring again.

Mostly becouse this rom seems to drain the battery much quicker, and also when im scrolling its like the screen is tearing for some reason

Guest MidaMilunk

Really a very good one!

Much faster with the boot.zip, very good to have the ZTE test menu again, and not to worry about GPS reboots, and BT not-reconnects.

I usually also prefer vannila state with as few apps as possible, but this circle mod is absolutely OK for me. This ROM is really very close to perfect, although I still miss some CM7 features. Maybe CM guys melt in this version soon! I know they need the sources... or may they have already?