Work out a ZTE Vanilla Gingerbread leak out version[Kernel 2.6.35]

Guest burstlam

Guest Len Ash

This fixes the typo in framework 'values.xml' that causes the autobrightness to reduce at full Lux levels - also adds a default wallpaper, which can be changed.

(USB debugging notification is incorrect in this ROM btw)

V880_Framework_Fix.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Guest tox!c

i think i've posted in the wrong thread (gps fix by randomsam)

well, ok, Is any1 there getting similar log msgs when trying gps?

D/libloc ( 285): Event RPC_LOC_EVENT_ASSISTANCE_DATA_REQUEST (client 0)

D/libloc ( 285): loc_event_cb: XTRA time download request... not supported<br>D/libloc ( 285): loc_event_cb: XTRA time download request... not supported

D/SntpClient( 285): request time failed: java.net.UnknownHostException: 3.es.pool.ntp.org (always)

The only way to get xtra.bin is manual downloading with GPS Status. However it gives errors:

D/libloc ( 285): qct_loc_eng_inject_xtra_data, xtra size = 38490, data ptr = 0x2b4bd090 E/SharedBufferStack( 1139): Wait for lock condition failed!

D/libloc ( 285): loc_eng_ioctl called: client = 0, ioctl_type = RPC_LOC_IOCTL_INJECT_PREDICTED_ORBITS_DATA D/libloc ( 285):

D/libloc ( 285): Event RPC_LOC_EVENT_IOCTL_REPORT (client 0) E/loc_api_rpc_glue( 285): loc_api_sync_ioctl: IOCTL result failed, result: 6 (select id 0)

D/libloc ( 285): loc_eng_ioctl result: client = 0, ioctl_type = RPC_LOC_IOCTL_INJECT_PREDICTED_ORBITS_DATA, RPC_LOC_API_ENGINE_BUSY

Edited by tox!c

Guest tox!c

i think i've posted in the wrong thread (gps fix by randomsam)

well, ok, Is any1 there getting similar log msgs when trying gps?

D/libloc ( 285): Event RPC_LOC_EVENT_ASSISTANCE_DATA_REQUEST (client 0)

D/libloc ( 285): loc_event_cb: XTRA time download request... not supported<br>D/libloc ( 285): loc_event_cb: XTRA time download request... not supported

D/SntpClient( 285): request time failed: java.net.UnknownHostException: 3.es.pool.ntp.org (always)

The only way to get xtra.bin is manual downloading with GPS Status. However it gives errors:

D/libloc ( 285): qct_loc_eng_inject_xtra_data, xtra size = 38490, data ptr = 0x2b4bd090 E/SharedBufferStack( 1139): Wait for lock condition failed!

D/libloc ( 285): loc_eng_ioctl called: client = 0, ioctl_type = RPC_LOC_IOCTL_INJECT_PREDICTED_ORBITS_DATA D/libloc ( 285):

D/libloc ( 285): Event RPC_LOC_EVENT_IOCTL_REPORT (client 0) E/loc_api_rpc_glue( 285): loc_api_sync_ioctl: IOCTL result failed, result: 6 (select id 0)

D/libloc ( 285): loc_eng_ioctl result: client = 0, ioctl_type = RPC_LOC_IOCTL_INJECT_PREDICTED_ORBITS_DATA, RPC_LOC_API_ENGINE_BUSY

after changing the ntp server to its ip instead of xxx.pool.ntp.org

D/SntpClient( 284): request time failed: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable

D/SntpClient( 284): request time failed: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Try again

Guest azidhaka

Over the past week my phone started developing a microphone problem. Other begin hearing me quieter and quieter until today they could not hear me at all. The sound recorder also records my voice very quietly. Factory reset/wiping and restoring the original 2.2 image did not help.

It looks like a hardware problem, but just in case (slim chance) this is somewhat ROM-related i am asking if anyone has experienced a problem like that?

Guest unrandomsam

This fixes the typo in framework 'values.xml' that causes the autobrightness to reduce at full Lux levels - also adds a default wallpaper, which can be changed.

(USB debugging notification is incorrect in this ROM btw)

What exactly is this designed to be used for makes alot of stuff force close for me

Guest STREKOZZEL

I installed the patch "Set 2 Reboot Options to Power Menu, Stock Status Bar Layout, CRT Animation and menu key to unlock enabled ."

Still i'm unable to unlock the device by pressing menu key.

If i press the menu key within a few sec (1 or 2 i guess) when the screen turns off it works and unlocks the phone, afterwards pressing menu key is not effective.

The same problem with mod "Set 3 Reboot Options to Power Menu,CRT Animation and menu key to unlock enabled. CM StylistLayout, Circle Battery Mod : (fixed charging animation)"

Also XT9 keyboard crashes with error (process com.nuance.xt9.input).

Edited by STREKOZZEL

Guest Len Ash

What exactly is this designed to be used for makes alot of stuff force close for me

It simply sorts the (primary) error in values.xml by the cooker where the highest brightness integer value was 150 (i.e. lower than the previous value) instead of 250 (should be 255 in reality). This caused the screen gamma to actually reduce at high ambient Lux levels, which is somewhat contra-effective, obviously. I also sorted some of the Lux levels that had been mistakenly duplicated by ZTE's Sloppyware contractors. So, it now works correctly.

Why you get FCs I'm not sure. I have used the modded framework-res.apk in full ROMs and as CWM flash files with 100% success. Unlike my effing Moto Defy that is fully odexed! I like odexed ROMs from a performance perspective, but not from a modding perspective. And that phone has incredibly pathetic autobrightness control.... Modding framework-res in that ROM results in everything FC'ing.

Guest unrandomsam

It simply sorts the (primary) error in values.xml by the cooker where the highest brightness integer value was 150 (i.e. lower than the previous value) instead of 250 (should be 255 in reality). This caused the screen gamma to actually reduce at high ambient Lux levels, which is somewhat contra-effective, obviously. I also sorted some of the Lux levels that had been mistakenly duplicated by ZTE's Sloppyware contractors. So, it now works correctly.

Why you get FCs I'm not sure. I have used the modded framework-res.apk in full ROMs and as CWM flash files with 100% success. Unlike my effing Moto Defy that is fully odexed! I like odexed ROMs from a performance perspective, but not from a modding perspective. And that phone has incredibly pathetic autobrightness control.... Modding framework-res in that ROM results in everything FC'ing.

It worked if I added it and then resigned the full rom.

Good enough for me at least until we get a stock libra 2.3.

Thanks

Guest Len Ash

It worked if I added it and then resigned the full rom.

Good enough for me at least until we get a stock libra 2.3.

Thanks

Interesting... the .apk is signed with the Platform Key... weird things happen...

Good job!!! :)

This one seems to overcame the problem with high battery drain while using phone in Stir Fry.

And I haven't detected any defects.. so far.. nice, very nice! :)

Just a minor "issue": While at Settings - About Phone - Status, the Mobile Network type is HSDPA, nevertheless the indication at the notification area says "3G"

Is this just a bug or the phone actually connects in 3G rather than HSPA? (inlikely though).

The tiny "H/G" icon above signal bars is also missing.. just for the record :D

• 1 month later...
Guest fattymcdirty

is this a rip off the zte libra leak rom or is it a blade rom because i installed gsf26 on my libra and the camera does NOT work..... perhaps other camera drivers as in blade roms? is anyone able to help me to get my camera on my zte libra working again with gsf26?

Guest unrandomsam

is this a rip off the zte libra leak rom or is it a blade rom because i installed gsf26 on my libra and the camera does NOT work..... perhaps other camera drivers as in blade roms? is anyone able to help me to get my camera on my zte libra working again with gsf26?

Its the very first ROM that was based on the V880 gingerbread leak rom