Work out a ZTE Vanilla Gingerbread leak out version[Kernel 2.6.35]

Guest burstlam

Guest DonJamal
Mobile data does work, if it didnt then i wouldnt be able to tether my phone to the laptop and access the internet and be sending you this reply :)

hmm..4me doesnt work...i'v tired a lot of apns... nothing happens :/

Guest whatcolour
Do you feel the popup menus in leak are slow? Set debug.composition.type to gpu (so the line in question says debug.composition.type=gpu) in build.prop :)

Fab!!

BTW, anyone else having SpareParts force closing while viewing battery stats?

Guest ufoman
Do you need to set debug.sf.hw to 1? (like this: debug.sf.hw=1)

It is set to 0 (debug.sf.hw=0) in Len Ashes last build.

Yes, it needs to be set to 1, he has likely disabled it due to slowness...

Edited by ufoman

Guest sm4tik
It is - bummer.

Will have a shuftie tomorrow.

Just to be clear:

I copied the Camera.apk from this rom into CM7 (N100) and it's force closing. Haven't tried this rom.. yet :)

Guest whatcolour

SpartParts FC: known problem on most GB roms actually

After the new build.prop hack (=gpu) one, this rom is virtually perfect for me! Really hope CM7 comes good with the new egl libs though :-)

Guest dibbles
This is due to the culmination of everyone's efforts today.

Based on burstlam's slim version.

APN list updated, GPS working, non-RDS/non-ZTE FM radio added, GB Launcher, HW accel OFF, locale now NOT US, Spare Parts now present, QuickBoot added (add shortcuts to home screen), some Social apps added, some crap taken out.

And this won't wipe out your user data..

Will be interesting to see what the code level guys find with the kernel hacks.

130MB

md5 f27d3e6f258efc886d660aa224a42e7a

V880 end of day round up

Great stuff and thanks for sharing :)

It would have been even better if I had remembered to remove the "Image" folder from my SD card after I had previously done a TPT change and partition as I caught the volume button as I powered up the phone and all my lovely settings and apps succumbed to the might of a TPT flash :D

The upside to this is that I'm getting pretty good and quick at setting it up now B)

Guest Len Ash
Great stuff and thanks for sharing :)

It would have been even better if I had remembered to remove the "Image" folder from my SD card after I had previously done a TPT change and partition as I caught the volume button as I powered up the phone and all my lovely settings and apps succumbed to the might of a TPT flash :D

The upside to this is that I'm getting pretty good and quick at setting it up now B)

Holy Cow - I've only done the TPT image thing once by mistake... not a great experience!!!!!!!

Setting up should be a snap now with no user data formatting. Phew. I share your pain.

Good luck with this build and keep the feedback coming.... I hope burstlam and others keep the enthusiasm going, very welcome today.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest ufoman
why dont u update first post with any new so everybody knows whats going on :)??

Yup, please do it, all sensors work on this rom. Also, please put my gpu compositing hack there, plz.

Guest burstlam
Yup, please do it, all sensors work on this rom. Also, please put my gpu compositing hack there, plz.

there is something call timezone on this Earth... ZZZ

Guest t0mm13b
Yea, that's a quote I tend to use often myself B)

lol!!!! :D

Hackers never sleep

If they need sleep - they drink coffee instead - caffeine the drink/elixir/food/life-line for hackers :)

lmao!!! ;)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Jekle
哈哈,大家都去睡觉觉了吗? B)

Do you think you could get find the source code for this? All appreciated from all the Forum :)

你认为你可以得到找到这个源代码?所有感谢所有论坛:)

Guest 用户名已经
Do you think you could get find the source code for this? All appreciated from all the Forum :)

你认为你可以得到找到这个源代码?所有感谢所有论坛:)

I can't , but guohuageng can.

He is the first person about this rom.

see:http://bbs.goapk.com/thread-2295817-1-1.html

Edited by 用户名已经

Guest atillaahun
I made an emode.apk fix for Len's ROM (because it lacks the a emode.apk, but it works. it's needed for zte service menu, you know, *983...), it can be installed in clockworkmod, or simply copy the emode.apk to ROM system/app directory. It works.

emode.apk fix md5: fc2aa4fe7212cf73792fd3706ecc1121

Earl, you sure, that fix actually works? I got a bootloop after installed the zip in recovery. :) Also tried to copy the .apk to system/app, put the proper permissions on it, reboot, but the dialer still cant recognize the *983*0#

I can't , but guohuageng can.

He is the first person about this rom.

see:http://bbs.goapk.com/thread-2295817-1-1.html

I've written a pm to the author about the source code, but I guess I was not the first one, hope he's answering soon.

Edited by atillaahun

Guest MidaMilunk
This is due to the culmination of everyone's efforts today.

V880 end of day round up

Not bad at all!

A bit slow, but FM works fine, BT is flowless at last, no GPS reboot so far. Market needs the cache fix for the 2MB cache systems, like mine.

I miss the CM modifications, but the basic GB features are OK.

I experienced a GPS loss. Not signal loss, the device forgot that it has a GPS receiver. No app was able to detect is. Reboot helped.

3G watchdog just can not start, stuck in some activity at the beginning, no mobile data at all (at least with the default settings)..