1 August B137 r7: FLB Custom ROM for the Huawei U8800 with Online Kitchen

Guest Simon O

Guest NeostarNeko

Tried going from r3 to r5, patch didn't work, ClockworkMod kept giving me 'error in update.zip (status 6)'

Gonna try manually copying the files via usb debug

EDIT: Okay I copied over the main boot kernel, and rebooted the phone. Thankfully it worked, used ES File Explorer (in root mode) to transfer the lib and prop files, then I rebooted the phone again. Everything appears to work awesomely thank you :D

By the way where does the stuff in META-INF folder go to, or is it not important :unsure:

Edited by NeostarNeko

Guest Simon O

Tried going from r3 to r5, patch didn't work, ClockworkMod kept giving me 'error in update.zip (status 6)'

Gonna try manually copying the files via usb debug

EDIT: Okay I copied over the main boot kernel, and rebooted the phone. Thankfully it worked, used ES File Explorer (in root mode) to transfer the lib and prop files, then I rebooted the phone again. Everything appears to work awesomely thank you :D

By the way where does the stuff in META-INF folder go to, or is it not important :unsure:

Ah yes, the update was broken so I quickly re-uploaded it. The META-INF just contains the installation scripts for the update. Nothing important.

Guest uracoin

I cant for the life of mine get past the IDEOS splash screen. i have tried back and forth tons of times, and waited half an hour for the phone to finish starting up. the only thing i ever see it the damn IDEOS

Guest ADAMRNZ

I cant for the life of mine get past the IDEOS splash screen. i have tried back and forth tons of times, and waited half an hour for the phone to finish starting up. the only thing i ever see it the damn IDEOS

I sometimes have this problem if I leave the usb cable plugged in after flashing.

Guest Simon O

Update your device using the latest official B137 rom then when you've installed the recovery image make sure you wipe /data and /cache before installing the rom. It should work.

Do you have any issues with any other custom roms?

Guest uracoin

Update your device using the latest official B137 rom then when you've installed the recovery image make sure you wipe /data and /cache before installing the rom. It should work.

Do you have any issues with any other custom roms?

i factory reseted the phone before install, that did the trick, thank you for your help:)

Guest Jaime Fonseca

Hello flibblesan,

Usually just use my X5 on the 2G network, however every time I reboot the "only 2G" is automatically disabled for 3G.

Can I change some parameters in the "build.prop" to stay on 2G after each reboot?

Thank flibblesan

Edited by Jaime Fonseca

Guest Simon O

Hello flibblesan,

Usually just use my X5 on the 2G network, however every time I reboot the "only 2G" is automatically disabled for 3G.

Can I change some parameters in the "build.prop" to stay on 2G after each reboot?

Thank flibblesan

Look in the build.prop for

ro.telephony.default_network=0

and change the 0 to a 3. This should stick the phone onto GSM auto.

Reboot the phone once you save the new build.prop

Guest Simon O

Did you take a look at the stock B137SP04 ROM? Any useful updates?

I haven't looked at it yet. Thanks for letting me know about this though. I'll extract it and check the files out and see if anything has been updated.

Guest simplistian

I haven't looked at it yet. Thanks for letting me know about this though. I'll extract it and check the files out and see if anything has been updated.

Thanks. Just flashed r5 and everything works smooth and stable. Good ROM! One thing I notice is that not all of the mount options in init.rc reflect in the actual /system mount, my actual /system mount is

/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system ext4 ro,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0

Is it normal? I did not flash the B137 stock ROM as I am using a U8800H. I'm afraid the low level cust procedures of a U8800 ROM harms my U8800H somehow. Anyway they should not affect performance as it is read-only. :)

Edited by simplistian

Guest Jaime Fonseca

Look in the build.prop for

ro.telephony.default_network=0

and change the 0 to a 3. This should stick the phone onto GSM auto.

Reboot the phone once you save the new build.prop

Thank you flibblesan,

It works perfectly! :D

You're the master!

Edited by Jaime Fonseca

Guest Simon O

Thank you flibblesan,

It works perfectly! :D

You're the master!

Thanks. I found this a few days ago when I was trying to stop my phone going into "Emergency calls only" after a reboot. So far my phone has got a signal straight away every time with this build.prop edit.

I checked all the Huawei ROMs and they all have this set to 0.. and others have reported the same loss of network on boot sometimes. Another bug they missed?

Guest zaf_4

i just put the rom, first of all i changed the clockwork into 4.0.5 and when i rebooted, the screen stayed in to the image ideos for several minutes (10 min. approx.) and doesnt do anything.

Could anyone pls tell me what did i do wrong?

thanks in advance

just got it! No problem after all... sorry for the post.

Edited by zaf_4

Guest Jaime Fonseca

Flibblesan hello again,

You know how I change the name of the operator in your ROM??

Right now it says "National Mobile Telecommunications," however appears in the original ROM "TMN" only.

Thanks for everything and sorry to be so boring:)

Guest Simon O

Flibblesan hello again,

You know how I change the name of the operator in your ROM??

Right now it says "National Mobile Telecommunications," however appears in the original ROM "TMN" only.

Thanks for everything and sorry to be so boring:)

Yes, the strings are usually inside a couple of the RIL libs that control the cell radio. What was your original ROM?

Guest Simon O

Thanks. Just flashed r5 and everything works smooth and stable. Good ROM! One thing I notice is that not all of the mount options in init.rc reflect in the actual /system mount, my actual /system mount is

/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system ext4 ro,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
[/code]

Is it normal? I did not flash the B137 stock ROM as I am using a U8800H. I'm afraid the low level cust procedures of a U8800 ROM harms my U8800H somehow. Anyway they should not affect performance as it is read-only. :)

It's normal. Some of the other mounts are for other partitions. If any of the system mounts were wrong then your phone wouldn't boot :)

Guest simplistian

It's normal. Some of the other mounts are for other partitions. If any of the system mounts were wrong then your phone wouldn't boot :)

I mean the mount options like data=writeback and barrier=0 cannot be applied to the system partition.

Guest Simon O

Does not work flibblesan. :(

Thanks anyway

Ok. I'll have to have a think about this and check the Portuguese rom against the others and see what has changed.