[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest slor
Already done, uploading now.

Update: http://www.wuala.com/k0zmic/Public/Blue_Gi...ZTE_Dialer.zip/

Untested, but it should be fine.

Hey there - just testing out. As for the google apps and settings bug - the screen is now there on startup (would you like to restore...?) but no restoration of apps and settings took place as reported before - only syncing of contacts, calendar, and gmail.

Guest Psyloid
Hey there - just testing out. As for the google apps and settings bug - the screen is now there on startup (would you like to restore...?) but no restoration of apps and settings took place as reported before - only syncing of contacts, calendar, and gmail.

Hmm darn,

I thought I nailed it by forcing that screen to show ...

noted, so i'll take another look at it, thanks for reporting

Edited by Psyloid

Guest k0zmic
Hmm darn,

I thought I nailed it by forcing that screen to show ...

noted, so i'll take another look at it, thanks for reporting

You might've sorted it, that Google Restore is a bit weird sometimes. It doesn't always work for me when I use it on CM7.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest fekke

How can i delete Titanium Backup? If i delete the apk with root explorer and then wanne install it again i cant install it.

What files is it to delete for Titanium?

Guest Psyloid
How can i delete Titanium Backup? If i delete the apk with root explorer and then wanne install it again i cant install it.

Why would you wanna do that for?

If you really want it like that you must delete it in the zip before you flash it

Guest gomes29
beta 4

why dont you take all wbaw effort and use b9 as base rom?

With es file explorer:

1. goto system/apps folder with es file explorer with the file system mounted and root access.

2. cut the titanium backup app from there and paste it into the root of your sd card.

3. run the copy on your sd and the application will install (overwrite when it asks).

4. go into application settings and uninstall the application manually, this will remove all traced from the system smile.gif

5. install your pro version like you would any other app.

6. titanium backup pro works!

steps 5/6 are optional;

credits to mcfly666.. he write it in the Cyanogenmod Green V5 topic, it works well!

Edited by gomes29

Guest Psyloid
why dont you take all wbaw effort and use b9 as base rom?

With es file explorer:

1. goto system/apps folder with es file explorer with the file system mounted and root access.

2. cut the titanium backup app from there and paste it into the root of your sd card.

3. run the copy on your sd and the application will install (overwrite when it asks).

4. go into application settings and uninstall the application manually, this will remove all traced from the system smile.gif

5. install your pro version like you would any other app.

6. titanium backup pro works!

credits to mcfly666.. he write it in the Cyanogenmod Green V5 topic, it works well!

Because the rom got worse after b4 imo (audio glitches every x minutes when playing mp3's), and besides i already did a lot to this one, it would be a pain to do it all on a new base rom. For me B4 was best release

Now about titanium backup, just put your licence file on the sdcard and it will be pro version. no need to uninstall

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Redflake
Because the rom got worse after b4 imo (audio glitches every x minutes when playing mp3's), and besides i already did a lot to this one, it would be a pain to do it all on a new base rom. For me B4 was best release

Now about titanium backup, just put your licence file on the sdcard and it will be pro version. no need to uninstall

+1

I've tried both Blue ginger and Ginger stir fry and find Blue ginger to be a lot better.

Ginger stir fry got quite bloated with 3rd party apps and suffered a few Gps bugs and graphical glitches, most sorted now.

Blue Ginger is the best. :)

Guest gomes29

I dont know if fekke wants to install the Pro version, i just copied what mcfly666 post on the other topic and pasted here. It is a way to uninstall Titanium Backup.

BTW the ROM is very stable, congrats... I used it for a while but.......... miss the CM7 features!

Guest Psyloid
I dont know if fekke wants to install the Pro version, i just copied what mcfly666 post on the other topic and pasted here. It is a way to uninstall Titanium Backup.

BTW the ROM is very stable, congrats... I used it for a while but.......... miss the CM7 features!

Features are added as i learn :)

Trying to get the best of them or similar in this ROM too

Thanx!

Guest Psyloid
+1

I've tried both Blue ginger and Ginger stir fry and find Blue ginger to be a lot better.

Ginger stir fry got quite bloated with 3rd party apps and suffered a few Gps bugs and graphical glitches, most sorted now.

Blue Ginger is the best. :)

Thank you :rolleyes:

Guest ufizo

now that you have decided to mod the splash screen as well, i'd like you to put some more interesting graphics there.

Personally I don't like the ones you've put up very much.

Guest k0zmic
can I just simply flash over the new V3 over V2 without doing nothing ord do I need to wipe something?

Just wipe dalvik cache/cache.

Guest DanManchester

Thanks so much for all the work put into this rom Psyloid, I fancied a change from SwedishSpring and chose this Blue Ginger and I love it! Thanks!!

I have a couple of "newbie" questions if somebody could help me with please, I'd appreciate it:

1: How do I get that nice big clock and weather on my homescreen? or what is the app called ? as I haven't really tweaked any defaults before. (as shown in the first pic / screenshot on page 1 of this thread)

2: This one is a weird one (to me anyway) and it's a little annoying thing that was also present on my previous rom: when I go into Gallery the folder "Camera" under it it's listed as "Juiquan, Gansu CN" all other folders are named correctly but I can't seem to find a way of renaming it to my location?

Not really a problem, just a puzzle I've yet to solve :)

Thanks again

Dan

Guest k0zmic
kinda nooby question, but by doing that I won't loose any apps/personal data?

No, the first boot will take longer though.

Guest Redflake
Thanks so much for all the work put into this rom Psyloid, I fancied a change from SwedishSpring and chose this Blue Ginger and I love it! Thanks!!

I have a couple of "newbie" questions if somebody could help me with please, I'd appreciate it:

1: How do I get that nice big clock and weather on my homescreen? or what is the app called ? as I haven't really tweaked any defaults before. (as shown in the first pic / screenshot on page 1 of this thread)

2: This one is a weird one (to me anyway) and it's a little annoying thing that was also present on my previous rom: when I go into Gallery the folder "Camera" under it it's listed as "Juiquan, Gansu CN" all other folders are named correctly but I can't seem to find a way of renaming it to my location?

Not really a problem, just a puzzle I've yet to solve :)

Thanks again

Dan

Load camera app then click on second icon down on right side of screen.

Turn location on then new picks will be marked with proper location.

Folder will probably say GB-CN while it still as old photos in it.

Clock is either

Fancy widget (free + paid version)

Beutiful Widgets (paid version only)

or sense clock (free + paid version) , all available from the market.

Edited by Redflake