[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest DanManchester
Load camera app then click on second icon down on right side of screen.

Turn location on then new picks will be marked with proper location.

Folder will probably say GB-CN while it still as old photos in it.

Clock is either

Fancy widget (free + paid version)

Beutiful Widgets (paid version only)

or sense clock (free + paid version) , all available from the market.

Thank you Redflake! Took me a while to do it but eventually managed it and now the Camera folder shows my location as set my Maps :) Also thanks for the info re the weather/clock, I'll have a look through the Market cheers.

Guest Marc Swing

Suggestions?

I miss the "save contacts to SIM-Card" and better langues (Sweden) now its more like Swenglish (Swedish and English).

Guest Psyloid
Load camera app then click on second icon down on right side of screen.

Turn location on then new picks will be marked with proper location.

Folder will probably say GB-CN while it still as old photos in it.

Clock is either

Fancy widget (free + paid version)

Beutiful Widgets (paid version only)

or sense clock (free + paid version) , all available from the market.

It's sense clock dark (free)

Guest Psyloid
Suggestions?

I miss the "save contacts to SIM-Card" and better langues (Sweden) now its more like Swenglish (Swedish and English).

I will not do other languages,

The other thing is noted

Guest circumsriptr

Can someone please upload the file somewhere else? Mediafire is (strangely) not working for me :)

edit: nevermind. it worked with chrome

Edited by circumsriptr

Guest awsom50

The rom is the very best by now, congratulations! Still, I have an annoying problem - after every restart of the device, the default keyboard is the stock one, but I have installed and usee htcIME. So after restart I have to go to settings and tick the HTC keyboard, then I have to change the input method to make the keyboard work. Whay is that so? Is there any solution? Thanks!

Guest evilbrain

Suggestion:

You should add the Adobe flash .apk to your rom, even though it doesn't function as smooth on armv6, but it kinda works, there are a few threads with this file now. Also, the ROMmanager app should be in your rom too.

And I noticed tonight that my internet was slower than ever before. I've tried turning 3g on/off, downloaded new internet settings, none of these changed the speed, it is still slow. Maybe it's just for me, dunno.

By the way, my language works just fine, good work.

Edited by evilbrain

Guest shich

Blue Ginger V3 with AOSP dialer:

going to "settings" - "wireless and networks" - "wifi settings" and having an error: "sorry! the application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly"

phone was fully wiped before installing Blue Ginger V3

Guest Psyloid
The rom is the very best by now, congratulations! Still, I have an annoying problem - after every restart of the device, the default keyboard is the stock one, but I have installed and usee htcIME. So after restart I have to go to settings and tick the HTC keyboard, then I have to change the input method to make the keyboard work. Whay is that so? Is there any solution? Thanks!

yes go into titanium backup and delete the stock keyboard

Guest Psyloid
Suggestion:

You should add the Adobe flash .apk to your rom, even though it doesn't function as smooth on armv6, but it kinda works, there are a few threads with this file now. Also, the ROMmanager app should be in your rom too.

And I noticed tonight that my internet was slower than ever before. I've tried turning 3g on/off, downloaded new internet settings, none of these changed the speed, it is still slow. Maybe it's just for me, dunno.

By the way, my language works just fine, good work.

I will add flash, yes,

rommanager, hmm no, you can always install it if you want it

Guest Psyloid

going to "settings" - "wireless and networks" - "wifi settings" and having an error: "sorry! the application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly"

you should try again, because you are the only one with this problem

Guest andy9876

Psyloid

I don't know whether anyone else had this problem but Titanium Backup gave me FCs when trying to do a bulk restore. I removed it and reinstalled it twice and its now working correctly. It may be better to leave this out of the rom and let people load it from the market if others are experiencing the same problem.

Also Maps defaults to Skiption in England on first start up.

Otherwise a great rom, many thanks.

Andy9876

Guest Psyloid
i need this:

-Ad-hoc WiFi suppot

when????

I am currently compiling a V3.1, it will not have it yet

This will be the last release before i go on holliday next week

So don't expect something new for 3 weeks after V3.1

Guest McrRed
you should try again, because you are the only one with this problem

+1

I got this with wifi dropping out (unable to stay selected for more than 10 seconds so cannot connect to router - no networks detected) (regpon didn't help).

Was upgrading from green v4 (which I really like by the way. Thank you!)

Thought I might as well try green v5 but the same problem happened in Green v5 :)

Restored to previous Green v4 and everything is fine... :rolleyes:

(would like to move to Blue v3 but think I'll wait until more of the cyanogen settings become available - I'm one of those that doesn't like the circle battery or the straight swipe screen unlock)

Thanks, Psyloid, for all your hard work though. You wbaw and the other guys have made Android into a GREAT adventure!! :rolleyes:

Guest swisstourist
I am currently compiling a V3.1, it will not have it yet

This will be the last release before i go on holliday next week

So don't expect something new for 3 weeks after V3.1

ah thanks a lot. because I looked for 1 month since i bought this phone, and it s the only thing missing.

I can not wait to get internet from my laptop.

anyway, I just installed your blue ROM , looks good.

I see the top and down blue glowing bar (where i have all my programs) have disaperaed but are in the parameters section, why?

and when you switch on the phone it should be like when you switch off a TV but reversed. i mean there is not this special effect from off to on, but work from on to off only.

happy hollyday!

Edited by swisstourist

Guest andy9876
+1

I got this with wifi dropping out (unable to stay selected for more than 10 seconds so cannot connect to router - no networks detected) (regpon didn't help).

Was upgrading from green v4 (which I really like by the way. Thank you!)

Thought I might as well try green v5 but the same problem happened in Green v5 :)

Restored to previous Green v4 and everything is fine... :rolleyes:

(would like to move to Blue v3 but think I'll wait until more of the cyanogen settings become available - I'm one of those that doesn't like the circle battery or the straight swipe screen unlock)

Thanks, Psyloid, for all your hard work though. You wbaw and the other guys have made Android into a GREAT adventure!! :rolleyes:

+1

I can't get wifi to connect: keeps cycling between connecting and disconnected when I select a strong network

Guest Psyloid

V3.1 up !

V3.1 changes:

-Fixed battery stats in spare parts now shows battery usage

-Added battery stats for gingebread app (replaces the non working battery stats in spare parts)

-enabled dithering for better image quality

-Fixed Google backup some more

-swapped spare parts + with normal spare parts

small update

Edited by Psyloid

Guest stalker1001

Blue Ginger V2 .

The same problem .

Get FC only in one particular place ( with particular list of WIFI networks ) .

Probably somehow related to ( WPS WIFI router in that location , at least this is the only unusual issue I am aware of .