[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest Amit.V

hahaha ! working on v5 now. i succesfully aplied some cpu and memory tweaks and performance is about 30 % better than stock gf b14 ! gaming is definatly smoother. also playing music with a min cpu of 122 mhz no longer stutters !

release will be in a few days. still tweaking the theme now. as for ad hoc support. i dunno if its even possible on android. need to delbe deeper into it ...

is there any way to make the volume keys to change songs while screen is off? (like in cm7)

Guest Psyloid

is there any way to make the volume keys to change songs while screen is off? (like in cm7)

possibly, although i do not know how, it's a good one though

i'll look into it, i could use that function as well

Guest evilbrain

I liked this function when I had my se walkman before the blade and when I bought it i really missed it.

but there is another solution, even better, in my oppinion - to do a lockscreen music player. This would be even more convenient

Guest Amit.V

thanks, it would be really awsome if u'll be able to do it. it's a must for runners.

one more question - i saw on the GB goodies thread that you wrote that mode changes affect the framework. what's the meaning of that? i really like the thme of your rom, but i don't like the notification icons. if i'll use a mod to change them will it affect the rom?

Guest Vvorth

Please explain in few words becauseI can't understand.

A2SD was integrated in ROM somehow, so there is must be the way to remove it from ROM, isn't it?

Guest evilbrain

A2SD was integrated in ROM somehow, so there is must be the way to remove it from ROM, isn't it?

i think you have to extract the zip to your pc and find the a2sd app, remove it and zip the files again, so that they are the same, just without a2sd. Then cwm won't flash a2sd along with the rom.

Guest Rajek

as far as i remember in oryginal rom, when somebody was calling with earphones connected

ring was heard in earphones, now it doesn't

it's also very usefull feature for music fans ;]

is it possible to change volume of FM radio by volume keys?

P.S.: Do You have idea why CarHome disappeared in V4 ? (it's on the app list in management, but not in app drawer)

Edited by Rajek

Guest Vvorth

i think you have to extract the zip to your pc and find the a2sd app, remove it and zip the files again, so that they are the same, just without a2sd. Then cwm won't flash a2sd along with the rom.

Google says it isnt works for most ROMs, may be because there are many scripts linked to a2sd(for example in init.d).

Guest Obsydian

Guys some help I have wiped dalvik cache, mounts/storage (system, cache, data, boot) and user data/cache, yet my homescreen does not look like the one on the first post, the clock/weather widget and comms bar are missing and the bottom bar has still remained from an old ROM, what else should I be wiping ?

Guest evilbrain

Guys some help I have wiped dalvik cache, mounts/storage (system, cache, data, boot) and user data/cache, yet my homescreen does not look like the one on the first post, the clock/weather widget and comms bar are missing and the bottom bar has still remained from an old ROM, what else should I be wiping ?

Just calm the f*** down. You have to customize these yourself. Power widget is included, can't remember about the time widget, and the bottom line you can also customize.

Guest Obsydian

Just calm the f*** down. You have to customize these yourself. Power widget is included, can't remember about the time widget, and the bottom line you can also customize.

ta butt plug

Guest Psyloid

P.S.: Do You have idea why CarHome disappeared in V4 ? (it's on the app list in management, but not in app drawer)

it's a bug, will be resolved in v5

Guest Psyloid

the time and weather widget is not included ( its called sense clock dark and is free from market )

the rest you must customize yourself, like said

Guest Psyloid

whats wrong with a2sd?

Guest Obsydian

the time and weather widget is not included ( its called sense clock dark and is free from market )

the rest you must customize yourself, like said

Thank you.

Guest Amit.V

Psyloid, how come in this rom gps locks after less than 2 seconds even when i'm indoors (!) while on GSF it takes 1-2 minutes, just like in cm7? is it a different driver?

Guest Psyloid

Psyloid, how come in this rom gps locks after less than 2 seconds even when i'm indoors (!) while on GSF it takes 1-2 minutes, just like in cm7? is it a different driver?

I tweaked the gps file :)

I used my gps for my trip to switserland with copilot (800km) and it worked great !

Hey, Psyloid!

I hope you rested during your deserved holidays :lol:

I have 2 propositions of improvement for your ROM. Firstly, Android suffers from creepy quality of photos during calling. It's weird to use small 96x96px thumbnails, while we have such a big screen in Blade. During my researches I've found project of modified Phone.apk and Contacts.apk. So there is my humble request. Could you try to modified your ROM sources to achieve that? Maybe it will be possible to enjoy high quality photos of contacts :lol: And secondly.... About enhance autobrightness behaviour. Once when I was using Gen1 Blade I found Swedish Spring RLS5 Remix2 - Phat One ROM, where author modified autobrightness, so it worked like a charm. It's a good idea to talk to him, maybe his code wil work with your Blue Ginger. Thanks in advance.

This is link to project of modded Phone.apk

http://forum.samdroi...3339/#post80872