[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest mc78torino

So your rom is the only gingerbread based with usb tethering full working?Could you extract the apk or whatever it is to let people install it by clockmod in other CM7 roms or is asking too much?

Guest okornel
thats a bit dodgy. I prefer go ex honeycomb launcher

this is not a big problem for me, because i often dont rotate the screen when in appdrawer. but anyway, it;s a bug. I love LauncherPro for its scrolling smoothness.

Edited by okornel

Guest Psyloid

thanks for the support and the tips. I will surely take note of them.

nb: the widget is not beautifull widgets. its sense clock dark (free)

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Redflake
thanks for the support and the tips. I will surely take note of them.

nb: the widget is not beautifull widgets. its sense clock dark (free)

Cheers for the rom.

Clock on my screen is beautifull widgets.

:)

Funny how we tried to make froyo look like gingerbread and now making gingerbread to look like honeycomb.

Edited by Redflake

Guest circumsriptr
4. what's the name of the widget you're using for clock\weather and power toggles as seen in the pictures above?

that's widgetsoid for the power toggles

Guest mc78torino
So your rom is the only gingerbread based with usb tethering full working?Could you extract the apk or whatever it is to let people install it by clockmod in other CM7 roms or is asking too much?

any chances for it, please?

Guest Redflake
And the point of just quoting your own post was? Also learn to resize them damn images before uploading them.

New link requested by member!

Pics removed from second post!

Edited by Redflake

Guest Psyloid
I think this is a great job. The rom is very quickly, but there is a problem...the battery life isn't good...

battery life will never be good on the blade ...

Guest robinhud2010
Blue Ginger

-A honeycomb blue theme with blue/customized taskbar with new icons, transparent drop down, circle battery, pop up menu, scrollbars, boot animation

It would be better if you create a seperately flashable zip for your theme as many like me prefer a vanilla theme over the custom one. And may i ask why apps cannot be restored using titanium backup?

Anyways, good work. Will miss the green roms... :)

Guest Psyloid
It would be better if you create a seperately flashable zip for your theme as many like me prefer a vanilla theme over the custom one. And may i ask why apps cannot be restored using titanium backup?

Anyways, good work. Will miss the green roms... :)

Ye, was planing to make separate themes for v2, as for titanium backup, you can try, but if it doesnt work, you will need to install manually, i heard ppl had problems restoring apps commin from another rom

Guest lukesan

The following might be a dumb question but dealing with other phones and tablets make me confuse things (also concidering I will turn 41 years of age does not help :) )

I have no idea how big my system partition is on the Blade. Now running the Fry beta 4 thing which claims to be -> System size: 136mb

When I check Titanium I see 'Internal 330MB (181MB free) which obviously adds up to 512MB (where is my 1MB?) but that 330MB must be programs plus the rom itself.

Anyone have a clue on how to check it?

Guest Pondlife
I have no idea how big my system partition is on the Blade. Now running the Fry beta 4 thing which claims to be -> System size: 136mb

When I check Titanium I see 'Internal 330MB (181MB free) which obviously adds up to 512MB (where is my 1MB?) but that 330MB must be programs plus the rom itself.

Anyone have a clue on how to check it?

Erm titanium backup lists the system partition size as well as how much of it is free just above the Internal.

Mine says

System ROM: 144 MB (6.00 MB free)

Internal: 330 MB (135 MB free)

SD card: ......

They are separate partitions the internal does not include the rom. The first bit is the total size of each. So 330MB of which 135MB is empty.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest lukesan
Erm titanium backup lists the system partition size as well as how much of it is free just above the Internal.

Mine says

System ROM: 144 MB (6.00 MB free)

Internal: 330 MB (135 MB free)

SD card: ......

They are separate partitions the internal does not include the rom. The first bit is the total size of each. So 330MB of which 135MB is empty.

Weird, still using Titanium 3.6.7.1 here, too lazy and scared to update it (long story but this version works like it should)

mine says

Internal : 330 MB (181 MB free)

SD card : 14.9 GB (blablabla free)

SD card (a2sd) 1.06 GB which is obviously the ext2 partition on the card

ext. SD card : 14.9 GB

Guest Relfy

It is possible to make a AOSP Rom? Just Android - Nothing more exept Google Apps?

In my opinion:

what will you get?

-Android 2.3.4 based on the ZTE Blade gingerbread beta

-Good battery life

-Performant system

-full working as it should GPS, Wifi, FM radio, Tethering (USB & Wifi), sensors, bluetooth, headphones volume

-Rooted, A2SD, busybox

Perfect!

-A honeycomb blue theme with blue/customized taskbar with new icons, transparent drop down, circle battery, pop up menu, scrollbars, boot animation

Not nessesary.

That apps should be in this rom

-barcode scanner

-battery calibration

-blade buddy

-newest google apps

-gmail

-maps 5.6

-youtube

-es file explorer

-launcher pro

-sd speed increase

-Patched skype (so sound comes thru earpiece) NON updatable

-spare parts plus

-Titanium backup

NEEDS TO BE DONE / BUGS

-Notification bar power widget Perfect!

-Add CM style power widget Perfect!

-Replace ZTE dialer with AOSP dialer Perfect!

-tweak autobrightness Perfect!

-CRT off animation Perfect!

-Reboot options in power menu Perfect!

-Tweaking of the theme Vanilla Gingerbread please

-Enable overclocking Perfect!

-Add A2SD GUI app Perfect!

-Add No-frills CPU control app Perfect!

-Fix audio for SIP Perfect!

-Add DSP manager app Perfect!

-Tweak ringtones Perfect!

-Sign zip so it can be installed with other rommanager (now only clockwork will work) Not nessesary atm in my opinion

-Fix bug: google doesn't restore system settings/apps owned in market Perfect!

Less is more!