[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest DVDeus

This can be done with clockwork? As now I have GEN2 phone, I don't need to run again TPT, right?

So the steps are:

1. Factory reset
  2. wipe cache and data
  3. format system partition (how, please)
  4. install ROM
  5. start the phone to install ROM
  6. factory reset
  7. restoring apps&data, setting up the phone
Please correct me if I misunderstood this;)

Guest Carbonize

While I was watching this thread more or less from the get go, I seem to have missed the fuss and got an indication Psyloid decided to leave? That is, if some of the posts I'm reading are interpreted correctly.

Psyloid edited the first post of this thread to remove the rom and explain why. basically comes down to someone accusing him of using their work and lying about his rom being faster. The other guy is pretty much an idiot then since Android is open source and all the roms for Blade, apart from CM7, are based on leaked copies of the official roms.

This can be done with clockwork? As now I have GEN2 phone, I don't need to run again TPT, right?

So the steps are:

1. Factory reset
  2. wipe cache and data
  3. format system partition (how, please)
  4. install ROM
  5. start the phone to install ROM
  6. factory reset
  7. restoring apps&data, setting up the phone
Please correct me if I misunderstood this;)

Yes to all except 7 if you mean restoring using Titanium since the settings will be from a different rom and may adversely effect this rom. You also need to wipe the Dalvik cache. And yes you format the system partition from Clockwork.Not sure why you list factory reset twice though :-/

Edited by Carbonize

Guest DVDeus

Never mind about step 6;) I suppose Dalvik can also be wiped with CW?

I will backup and restore with mybackupPro, no problems since using it.

Thanks for the help!

Guest Carbonize

I suspect anything that restores settings may cause problems. Google now stores what apps you have and redownloads them as soon as you connect a new/wiped phone.

Guest DVDeus

Thanks!

edit: what about battery stats? Do I charge the battery to 100% and then wipe the stats?

Edited by DVDeus

Guest Loki86

It's possible to add different lockscreen style like cm7 in this rom?

not with other program like widget lockscreen but like cm7 rom

if i put settings.apk from cm7 rom to blue ginger rom it works?

Guest Markiv

My bad, it's the time like you said.

@McrRed

Well I am glad it works well for you. For me, once I unplug it, it goes from 100% to 95% in 5 mins, standby only (everything off except cell signal). I went to sleep the other day with 13%, woke up with dead phone. It drains the battery quite fast.

Dear McrRed,

My experience with this ROM is amazing...

Display lowest, animations off, - basically configured for minimum battery use.

20 msgs, couple of 5 mins calls, gprs on for 2 hrs, downloaded 20 mb worth games from market, browsed 5 news articles.

8hrs 31mins, 75% remaining, Cell standby - 41% , Idle-34% , System-13%, Display 9%.

GSF is good, but BG V5's power control widget & overall blue look (almost rivaling SG1 looks) beats GSF hands down.... (sorry wbaw)

Guest Markiv

It's possible to add different lockscreen style like cm7 in this rom?

not with other program like widget lockscreen but like cm7 rom

if i put settings.apk from cm7 rom to blue ginger rom it works?

Dear Loki86,

This seems difficult, I've asked the same question in GSF forum and got this response from wbaw :

As far as I know, to have a different style of lock screen is quite a lot of work, that's a custom CM7 feature. If somebody comes along & says "no it's easy, you just need to change this line", then I'll do it, but I think it involves some programming work.

post #3294

Guest Markiv

Thanks!

edit: what about battery stats? Do I charge the battery to 100% and then wipe the stats?

@DVDeus , By deleting the battery stats after 100% charging, lets the android to rebuild a new battery stats file based on the latest charge level.

You might want to check out this forum within modaco itself "Battery Recalibration ProTip It's Super Effective!"

but beware: do read the last post of wbaw werein he warns about OVER CHARGING too....

Guest deksman2

Psyloid edited the first post of this thread to remove the rom and explain why. basically comes down to someone accusing him of using their work and lying about his rom being faster. The other guy is pretty much an idiot then since Android is open source and all the roms for Blade, apart from CM7, are based on leaked copies of the official roms.

I see.

Well, first off, Android is open source, and as far as I was able to notice, Psyloid did put the credits into the post.

Second... While I can understand arguing with someone online and trying to justify yourself (if that's the kind of person you are), just disappearing is not a way to do so.

The Net is full of various people, and quite frankly some will behave like jerks because it's how they are, and one needs a bit thicker skin to get past that (or simple emotional control).

Don't get me wrong, ultimately it's Psyloid's final decision on how he wants to do things, but I don't think leaving (if that's what he did) is the way to deal with the situation (essentially since he did nothing wrong in the first place).

Guest mullen666
<br />Psyloid edited the first post of this thread to remove the rom and explain why. basically comes down to someone accusing him of using their work and lying about his rom being faster. The other guy is pretty much an idiot then since Android is open source and all the roms for Blade, apart from CM7, are based on leaked copies of the official roms.<br /><br /><br />Yes to all except 7 if you mean restoring using Titanium since the settings will be from a different rom and may adversely effect this rom. You also need to wipe the Dalvik cache. And yes you format the system partition from Clockwork.Not sure why you list factory reset twice though :-/<br />

Really silly post

Don't call people names

"Let sleeping dogs lie"

Move on

Guest Carbonize

So my post that actually helps someone is a silly post?

You are entitled to your opinion but I stand by my statement that you cannot accuse someone of stealing your work when your own work is based on that of somebody else. This is supposed to be a community with everybody helping each other and not for attention seeking. Psyloid has done some excellent work, first on CM7 Green and then on this and it's a shame he felt bullied to the point of leaving.

I never called anybody a thief or accused them of stealing anything. You should check your facts before you take Psyloid's word for anything.

Guest mullen666
&lt;br /&gt;So my post that actually helps someone is a silly post?&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;You are entitled to your opinion but I stand by my statement that you cannot accuse someone of stealing your work when your own work is based on that of somebody else. This is supposed to be a community with everybody helping each other and not for attention seeking. Psyloid has done some excellent work, first on CM7 Green and then on this and it's a shame he felt bullied to the point of leaving.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Sure, I hear what you are saying<br />I was just trying to point out that calling someone an idiot<br />is not conducive to the community<br />and that the episode you refer to is best left alone<br />for everybodys sake

post 790

see what I mean?

Edited by mullen666

mullen666 what browser you using as it seems to be messing up the quotes.

wbaw but it's OK to call him a liar then?

What would you call it? He's welcome to prove me wrong, instead he told more lies & ran away.

Edited by wbaw

Psyloid isn't a software or hardware company, he's just some guy that put a new theme on my rom & started making ridiculous claims until the point where I was asked to add something that doesn't exist to my rom. I made a tactless response & he overreacted.

Anyway, the story is long over & dead. I don't want to start it again. I just wanted to mention that I never called him a thief.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Carbonize

Dear Loki86,

This seems difficult, I've asked the same question in GSF forum and got this response from wbaw :

As far as I know, to have a different style of lock screen is quite a lot of work, that's a custom CM7 feature. If somebody comes along & says "no it's easy, you just need to change this line", then I'll do it, but I think it involves some programming work.

http://android.modac.../page__st__3280

post #3294

Psyloid isn't a software or hardware company, he's just some guy that put a new theme on my rom & started making ridiculous claims until the point where I was asked to add something that doesn't exist to my rom.

Anyway, the story is long over & dead. I don't want to start it again. I just wanted to mention that I never called him a thief.

Going from what Markiv is quoting you as saying you even admit that somethings may be possible it's just that you don't know how to do them. So because Psyloid claims he added something but because you are either unable to find it or how to do it you say it doesn't exist. Psyloid has made a couple of the best roms for the Blade and now he appears to have stopped development. I, like several others, am hoping he does move to XDA although I have not used this rom due to liking some of the CM7 features.

Guest mullen666

Firefox 5

I have an add on that turns off javascript as I found this slows down loading time big style

(an errant script somewhere I think)

This has the unfortunate effect of showing all the HTML style tags

Guest kogos

Its gonna be my last post on this matters, since it has nothing to do with what i signed to modaco for:

I've read a lot of posts mentioning that Psyloid was called a thief, a statement that is not true ofc, and when there is someone to remind to ppl that this never happened, we bypass it like it was never mentioned... and yet again, someone always comes back to keep this goin.

Fair's fair... claiming a 30% increase on a leaked kernel based rom with no source code available is just silly... 30% is way to much even for an overclocked blade with whatever dream rom u wish to put on it. When ppl started saying that 30% is just too high, it changed to "some application seems to have increased performance" or the phone seems to be faster... Facts? Blue uses launcher pro, which is faster that the stock launcher2.apk ofc. It then changed to "play music at low MHz with screen off is working fine"... well never had any problem with that, not even with stock eclair on and 256MB ram. ( i would like to know which "tool" or app is used to measure that 30% increase though, and with which application/game)

Technically speaking, Psyloid did some modifications that were first implemented with some moto droids, and it worked with some devices, but didnt work with any other. It's well documented at xda and other forums. Ofc, even at these situations, there was no evidence of 30% performance increase, and how could it. Changes made to blue ginger involve ram management (dirty, flashing to disk etc) and some cpu management. Cpu management simply dont work with this rom, simple as. Ram management seem to improove performance SLIGHTLY with some apps, while reducing performance SLIGHTLY with other... so its not something phenomenal.

I'm using blue, i like blue, and its a cool set of themes and mods that makes it gr8 for me... its my favorite flavor of leaked libra roms... but its doesn't sound good when claiming 30% increase, especially when some of us know that this is not true by any chance.

Anyway, i'm not taking anybody's side, and i dont ever wanna be in that position... I'm done with this matters anyway... i'd like to spend more time trying to make the best out of roms, than chatting for things long passed gone.

Edit: if anybody wants, i can add the "performance" edits to any gsf beta u want, since its 5mins time to make the changes and sign the zip, and upload it someplace, not themed ofc cause time is precious for me atm, but i wouldn't expect much of it.

Edited by kogos

Guest Markiv

Going from what Markiv is quoting you as saying you even admit that somethings may be possible it's just that you don't know how to do them. So because Psyloid claims he added something but because you are either unable to find it or how to do it you say it doesn't exist. Psyloid has made a couple of the best roms for the Blade and now he appears to have stopped development. I, like several others, am hoping he does move to XDA although I have not used this rom due to liking some of the CM7 features.

Carbonize, lets not start this all over again. we have already lost someone who had been giving us a different flavor of ROM.

Let us all stop worrying over who's ROM is better, who can do better,.......

Pls....

We dont wanna lose anymore. By throwing words at one another, our anger & egos might be satisfied, but there is NOTHING ELSE we would gain. Let us be constructive to android and Blade ROM's. Let us do what we should be doing here.

A humble request to anyone and everyone going through these posts... NO MORE WAR WITH WORDS.....

Guest Markiv

This ROM seems to have a problem with DATA ENABLING OPTION. it doesnt enable itself even after 10-20 seconds, by which time, my patience wears out and i do a simple airplane mode on & off. It used to happen with older ROMs but gsf later versions never had this. As Blue is based on gsf , y is this problem coming now? Or is this just an isolated issue.

Also in gsf , the network signal indicator at all times displays the edge enabled option even if the gprs is disabled.

But in Blue, that doesnt happen , does this have to do with the gprs not coming up instantly (unlike in gsf) ?

There is no other problem for me otherwise(even this is not a big problem, but i don want my friends see me enable gprs, turn on and off the airplane mode - seems too primitive)

Anyone experiencing this issue? Any fixes available?