[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest Psyloid
cannot uninstall skype. and skype doesnt work at all. please help. it always force closes

you can uninstall it with titanium backup

PS: it works for me though, tested it several times ..

Guest DellXCD35
you can uninstall it with titanium backup

PS: it works for me though, tested it several times ..

now its a big problem. i uninstalled using titanium backup and now when i try to install new version from market it says incompatible version.

now what next?

Guest Gibdos

First I wanted to thank you for creating a new and quite fast Android Rom.

You did quite a nice job with it. Thank you.

And everything seems to work perfectly expect for one thing:

With all and every new ROM after JJ9 I can't get the "Alarm" Audio to route through

the audio jack to my external speakers, which I really need to wake up in the morning :-)

It seems only the "Media" Audio gets routed through to my external speakers.

Ringtones don't either.

I have searched Google far and wide and it seems I am the only person with this bug / error / "feature".

So I really hope somebody here can help me with this problem.

Btw. I am really sorry if this is considered highjacking the thread.

If it is I will open up a new thread with this problem.

Thank you very much.

Guest MuJlblii
How's the GPS accuracy with this ROM?

It seems that Ginger Stir Fry, Beta 7 from wbaw has some problems with this, sometimes off by 200km as some users say...

I try to use GPS (East Europe, Belarus) it work perfect!

This ROM is very interesting, thanks to Psyloid!

Could you make version of this ROM without A2SD, special for using script data2ext. I want to have partition for programs more than 100 mb. Thanks!

Guest Psyloid
now its a big problem. i uninstalled using titanium backup and now when i try to install new version from market it says incompatible version.

now what next?

try the one okornel sugested

Guest whettingstone

I tried this and had two issues.

The minor was that coming from Swedish Spring I couldn't use Titanium for apps, just the data and google didn't remember and download the apps for me either. Since I could get data restored from titanium it was ok, just a little more work.

The breaker for me though was that tasker got force closed. Anyone else having any luck with tasker or is it not working? If not working, is there any idea on making it work?

Guest DellXCD35
try the one okornel sugested

doesnt work either.

i reflashed the ROM again with wipe cache and data. again skype doesnt work. secondly i uninstalled from titanium backup.

i put the one okornel suggested. doesnt work either.

Please remove the skype entirely in Version V3. i think its better to install from market.

now the problem is i cannot install from market too as it says incompatible version.

Guest Psyloid
doesnt work either.

i reflashed the ROM again with wipe cache and data. again skype doesnt work. secondly i uninstalled from titanium backup.

i put the one okornel suggested. doesnt work either.

Please remove the skype entirely in Version V3. i think its better to install from market.

now the problem is i cannot install from market too as it says incompatible version.

problem with the market one is that audio will come thru speaker and not thru earpiece ...

but i'm looking into it (its on the todo list)

Guest Redflake

KonstaT as done a theme for Ginger stir fry that also works on Blue ginger.

Find it here KonstaT theme link

Slight modification to KonstaT's theme. Gives transparent notifications area, semi transparent status bar, green slider and volume bar, green notifications when selected. Still keeps crt animation and correct lockscreen icons. No overscroll glow.

Big cheers to KonstaT for the original theme. :)

Big cheers to Psyloid for the best Gingerbread rom yet. :rolleyes:

Notifications.jpgLockscreen.jpgVolume_Slider.jpgSettings.jpg

Theme link

Edited by Redflake

Guest DellXCD35

that looks beautiful Redflake.

i downloaded it and applied the zip but i am not getting the theme as per you pics. its something totally diff

Guest Redflake
that looks beautiful Redflake.

i downloaded it and applied the zip but i am not getting the theme as per you pics. its something totally diff

Try again mate I have just uploaded again. Also make sure your on Blue Ginger V2.

Guest Nogard3k
I tried this and had two issues.

The minor was that coming from Swedish Spring I couldn't use Titanium for apps, just the data and google didn't remember and download the apps for me either. Since I could get data restored from titanium it was ok, just a little more work.

The breaker for me though was that tasker got force closed. Anyone else having any luck with tasker or is it not working? If not working, is there any idea on making it work?

I moved from cm7, did a full wipe and reset, I used Titanium to restore User apps including data where needed, one in particular was K9 mail where I have 7 different mail accounts, all passwords etc restored perfectly. Its vital of course not to restore system apps when switching ROMs (or probably ever). I restored Tasker inc data, all my profiles were there and all working as expected.

I realise this doesn't help you much other than showing you that its probably not the ROM at fault.

I have used V2 of this ROM since its release without a single problem, not even 1 FC, and on top of that battery life is a LOT better than I have been used to. :)

Guest DellXCD35

i just flashed in the V2 with ZTE dialer version and to my shock it doesnt have the android market application

Edit - just went to titanium back up and selected market and clicked on defrost . now its back.

Edited by DellXCD35

Guest whettingstone
I moved from cm7, did a full wipe and reset, I used Titanium to restore User apps including data where needed, one in particular was K9 mail where I have 7 different mail accounts, all passwords etc restored perfectly. Its vital of course not to restore system apps when switching ROMs (or probably ever). I restored Tasker inc data, all my profiles were there and all working as expected.

I realise this doesn't help you much other than showing you that its probably not the ROM at fault.

I have used V2 of this ROM since its release without a single problem, not even 1 FC, and on top of that battery life is a LOT better than I have been used to. :)

I did restore system apparently which might have screwed up the restore for me. I installed the stir fry one instead and that worked fine. Not sure if I should bother with this one. The thing that bothers me with stir fry us that it's full of crap which this one isn't.

If anyone has used both this and stir fry - which one did you prefer and why?

Guest DellXCD35

actually the skype application opens and when i try to login i get message com.skype.raider has stopped unexpectedly.

so it doest go ahead.

any solution on this psyloid?

Guest Decadence
KonstaT as done a theme for Ginger stir fry that also works on Blue ginger.

Find it here KonstaT theme link

Slight modification to KonstaT's theme. Gives transparent notifications area, semi transparent status bar, green slider and volume bar, green notifications when selected. Still keeps crt animation and correct lockscreen icons. No overscroll glow.

Big cheers to KonstaT for the original theme. :)

Big cheers to Psyloid for the best Gingerbread rom yet. :rolleyes:

Notifications.jpgLockscreen.jpgVolume_Slider.jpgSettings.jpg

Theme link

Nice theme. Could you please post that wallpaper? Thanks.

Guest andy9876

Psyloid

Have returned to give V2 a try. Removed your version of Skype from the ZIP and installed a version of the app, after installing the rom and booting up, from the this ZTE forum which works. Have had some strange behaivior from titanimum backup: sometimes it needs the data to be reinstalled again for the app to behave as previously installed. Had to uninstall and reinstall Angry Birds from the Market to get it to work.

Having said all that I cannot find a fault with the ROM. All my apps work. Wifi workd and so does GPS. Many thanks.

Andy

Guest Psyloid
actually the skype application opens and when i try to login i get message com.skype.raider has stopped unexpectedly.

so it doest go ahead.

any solution on this psyloid?

Workin on it

Guest DellXCD35
Workin on it

thanks a lot. i am a huge fan of this rom. the battery life is so brilliant.

but i have a question. does wifi on this rom sleep automatically after some time.

while i was playing radio over wi-fi suddenly it stopped playing. then i saw that the wifi icon is no more there,

it was trying to connect again but was not able to refresh the ip address.

then i had to reboot again