[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Yes!

I know I shouldn't but I think I can vouch for everyone when I say...When the heck is the release date?! This v5 sounds goooood! :D

Guest Shieraz Shah

he wanted release it today but there is some s*** with icons, so as he wrote -maybe in night.

i am camping out... waiting in line ;-)

Guest slackereconomy

I thought i should mention that for some reason my gps is massively out, reporting me as being in the Devonshire Arms Country House near Skipton, rather than four and a half hours away in Perth, Scotland. It isn't a problem for me as i don't use the gps for anything, but it did depress me a little as the Devonshire Arms sounds quite nice. Other than that i've been well served by this line of roms, and the green that preceeded it, and hope the constant clamour for releases isn't making your wee head explode laugh.gif

and thanks to unrandom sam, it was the busybox that solved it. no idea why that didn't occur to me at the time, but i still get a wee bit panicky every time i fiddle with my preciousssss

Guest leszekpap

This is what Psyloid wrote about V5 in another post : "I already successfully tweaked ram and cpu, performance is about 30% up compared to stir fry release in a few days ".

So there is something nice to wait for :)

Guest kogos

indeed... although, 30% increase in performance of an already fast rom sounds too much promising to be true, but lets keep our fingers crossed

Guest Maxsas360

Well I'll try to wait for a rom tonight. Never waited for a rom that much :D I am becoming a romaholic

Edited by Maxsas360

Guest Psyloid

its not finished yet, but i think i know what is causing it.

i'm about to find out in 15 minutes :o

as for the changes :

V5 changes:

- updated A2sdGUI, Es file explorer, Launcher pro, Maps, titanium backup

- updated UI-theme (sorry, no more stock theme, too much work)

- using GSF b14 as base

- car home is fixed

- Added flashlight app, sms backup app

- google backup now works 100%

- Added modified hosts (latest) file for an almost ad-free phone

- Tweaked ram an cpu for up to 30% improved performance (games are smoother, music does not skip on 122mhz

- Removed no frills cpu app (not nescessary anymore after performance tweak)

- Notification tray power widget (based on elitemovil's work, so it has the same 24h bug (only 12h mode is supported))

Guest GloDark7

Hi, first time post.

Had the OSF for a little under 2 weeks and I've tried most of the ROMs going (not CM7, sounds too buggy).

Blue Ginger is the best for me so far. Battery is great, not as good as Portuguese Spring (own experience) but it sounds like V5 will push it right to the top in the efficiency stakes with this 30% boost.

Top Rom, my thanks to you Psyloid for all your efforts.

Hope V5 is out before Friday. Off on my hols ;)

EDIT: BTW A2sdGUI always give me a FC. No biggy.

Edited by GloDark7

Guest fioglenu

Diehard, could it make stability problems, if I will change LauncherPro to ADW Launcher in the ZIP before the installation? I really like that better...

On the other hand, which version of ADW launcher is preferred? Can I simple copy from e.g. CM green? I had just delete some some apps I don't need, I newer have never put one in...

Other question: What are you using for copy SMS between different ROMs? Titanium Backup is not the best for this purpse.

/Sorry for the bad English and noob questions...

Guest k0zmic

Diehard, could it make stability problems, if I will change LauncherPro to ADW Launcher in the ZIP before the installation? I really like that better...

On the other hand, which version of ADW launcher is preferred? Can I simple copy from e.g. CM green? I had just delete some some apps I don't need, I newer have never put one in...

Other question: What are you using for copy SMS between different ROMs? Titanium Backup is not the best for this purpse.

It shouldn't

You should be able to copy it from CM Green

SMS Backup +.

Guest evilbrain

Go sms pro is a free messaging app in the market, you can check it out. It features settings and sms backup&restore, along with other features

Guest Psyloid

I found what was causing it ... it's the notification power widget , there is faults in the code, i need to work on it

might take a few days though

Guest Talvathir

I found what was causing it ... it's the notification power widget , there is faults in the code, i need to work on it

might take a few days though

Hey guys, first post here and I thought I better make it a memorable one so .. why don't you just leave the notificationbar powerwidget out then? I use Juicedefender, a WiFi widget and a screen brightness widget on the homescreen and thats all I need. Seems like there are a lot of great changes in V5 but now it's on hold because everyone wants this one thing that isn't working.

Guest Amit.V

New widgetsoid version has an option to put toggles to notification area..check this.

Really? how? i can't find where to enable it.