[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest vache
ok il will try the anti shake thing. hey vache any word if your going to update to 03.21.02 final?

I didn't know about a 3.021.02. Where i can find it ?

Guest DaveGT
Any sunlight causes camera to take white pics. Tried the white balance suggestion and it doesnt help. Any ideas?

If say i wanted to use a custom 2.2.2 rom would i need to downgrade recovery? Do i need to downgrade bin as well?

I have a similar problem too. When I enable anti-shake (and flash) I can take a photo but when the image is displayed for review the camera app freezes and doesn't save the picture or sometimes even simply crashes with an unexpected error. I have tried re-flashing the latest final Gingerbread ROM and Gingerounay 2.0 twice and it has made no difference. I made sure everything was wiped and clean before the installs. It's rather embarrassing when I am on night out and have to ask other people to take pictures with their phones as my Acer simply doesn't work or takes really unsatisfactory pictures/freezes etc, especially as my fiancée is currently living overseas and I used to send her pictures frequently using the share-gmail feature....but can't as the camera don't work. What about replacing the camera.apk with an older one? Could that help?

I have used the final leak and Gingerounay 2.0 since they were released and the only other issue I have encountered is random Wi-Fi disconnects, however installing the WiFi Keep Alive App seems to have solved this issue.

Guest Danzka

Rom is great!

Only problems I have:

*Camera freezes sometimes when showing the preview or white when antishaking is off.

*Gallery sometimes crashes.

*Wifi doesn't connect automatic.

*Some Error when trying to check firmware update.

*Sometimes the phone shutdowns automatic (maybe crash from software?)

But i'm still loving it :blink: hopelly Acer is gonna fix this in the official release of gingerbread.

Same problem as some

The notification LED does not light up with "Handcent" and "GoSMS" it only works on the original application.

no fix for this?

Otherwise no other problems for me is perfect, good job :blink:

Guest deepfabry

vache

with the gingerbread final relase doing flash do you think can automatically solve the cache issue?

maybe is a colossal bug of 2.3.4 leak....

Guest vache
vache

with the gingerbread final relase doing flash do you think can automatically solve the cache issue?

maybe is a colossal bug of 2.3.4 leak....

I don't think no. But i may be wrong.

Guest xome74

vache Thank you for your rom. But i have a problem with Wi-Fi. In Russia there is 14 channel aloowed for wi-fi. If wi-fi router start to use 12-14 channel, Metal didn't see WiFI network. Is here any solution?

Guest ptesmoke
It's the bin i used and the build is 3.021.01.

But the baseband is 3.21.02.

My mistake vache, i thought it was a different version. also want to add i suffer the no led notifications if i dont use stock messaging app, as well the camera is still flaky with white screen even with antishake on. It simply does noot like sunlight at all...dunno what would cause it other than camera driver, tried diff apps all with same white results.

Thanks again for your work vache, what are u planning or working on next?

Cheers

Guest xome74
Hi guys...i have got a question.

Android 2.3.4 gingerbread is more fast than 2.2 froyo in liquid metal??

Yes. It's a faster. But main bonus is that gingerbread support more features and games.

Guest lodotux

wonderful rom...

but I tried to flash acer lockscreen, and now I miss the old one, now, is there anyway to go back ?

Edited by lodotux

Guest icanrule

This is an impressive Rom. Everything seems to work but I am having one problem. Wifi is really giving me issues. It keeps turning off and never connects to my network. It is always trying but never successfully connects. It always shows all the networks in the area but never connects.

Is there any way I can make wifi work?

Guest JPatacas

Hi,

Anyone can make a tutorial " How to install " this rom ?

I´m very interested in this ROM and i don´t have any experience with ROM´s :)