[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest violetina

WIFI doesnt work and the download link for the fix is B0rked , please fix the download link for fix

greets tina..

SRRY works now O_o

well wifi starts but network times out real fast , restarting it makes it work some more seconds but dies again then , this using wpa/wpa2 psk auth.. cant get anything to download from market this way :'(

<update>

flashed again all works fine now ty very much youy guys rock

Edited by violetina

Guest iuter88

hi guys i have a big deal: in fact i install the last leaked linked on the first page by vache, then i push in the recovery and everything is ok.

after this i install the Gingerounay 2.1 but when i try to upgrade the rom to the 2.1.1 with the recovery the system give me an error about a missing/corrupted file in E:......720p.......mp4 and stuff.

any idea to fix this problem???? i tryed to redownload the 2.1.1 fix, and i tryed 3 times to wipe everything and do it again from the install of the leaked rom.

Edited by iuter88

Guest merou09

hi guys i have a big deal: in fact i install the last leaked linked on the first page by vache, then i push in the recovery and everything is ok.

after this i install the Gingerounay 2.1 but when i try to upgrade the rom to the 2.1.1 with the recovery the system give me an error about a missing/corrupted file in E:......720p.......mp4 and stuff.

any idea to fix this problem???? i tryed to redownload the 2.1.1 fix, and i tryed 3 times to wipe everything and do it again from the install of the leaked rom.

Go to "Other" in Recovery menu and choose "Toggle signature verify" in order to Flash in "No signed check mode"

have a look on first post (no signed for patch 2.1.1)

Edited by merou09

Guest iuter88

you are the man, i cannot understand why i don't thought about it! ty so much!

and another thing: the ext partition must be ext2 or can be ext4 too?

Edited by iuter88

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iuter88

i have another problem:

why when i shut down the phone and the i restat it i have to do the sync procedure with google every time? i mean i have to put my email, my pass and set the other stuff of the first start on android. it's annoing!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xdjneo

apps2sd not working, apps2sdgui from darkterror said that my phone is not support even i partition my sd card already

I also ran into a similar issue but not exactly sure whether apps2sd is working or if it's workin properly. After doing a clean flash (Wiped SD, New Partitions created with 2.2 Recovery, ext2 and FAT32)

I noticed around 130mb free on phone then after running both a2sd & ad2sd scripts and restarting I noticed 160mb free (I think this assures that my partition is ok and visible/accessible)

I am able to move some apps to SD but not all. The peculiar and odd thing is when I tried using Links2sd app it ran a script and asked me to restart but I don't think it really worked because it asked me to run the script again also said that if you have already run the script and restarted, the partition cannot be mounted.

Another thing I noticed was when checking the applications on SD card from the settings menu, it shows me the free/used space of the FAT32 Partition and not the ext2 on top of that when I mount my SD all the apps on SD become unavailable. So this leads me to believe that it's not working properly. Last time I used Apps2sd was on my G1/Dream on CM 6 and if I remember correctly after enabling apps2sd only your FAT partition gets mounted through USB and not the ext partition and your still able to run those apps.

I never used apps2sd on Gingerounay 1.1 & 1.2(Great ROMs, Thanks Vache) so I don't know if this is normal for this Liquid MT/Gingerounay or not but isin't the whole point of having the ext partition uninterrupted access to apps regardless of the state of the FAT partition.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong here?

BTW: Superbly Awesome ROM, Stable as a rock, very good on the battery all with no compromise to speed so all in all very snappy and my personal favourite. Hats off to you sir! biggrin.gif

Though I do have the Anti Shake Issue, nothing serious, I just switch to 3MP pics and it works. Also the WiFi is a bit flaky as in after a wake up it takes a jolly good time to find(Scanning) and connect back to the same AP/Router unless I go into settings at that point it quickly connects.

Can't wait for the next update rolleyes.gif

Guest TechnoLover
I am able to move some apps to SD but not all.

That is "Froyo App2SD" - It moves your apps to the Fat32 partition in a folder called ".android_secure"

The peculiar and odd thing is when I tried using Links2sd app it ran a script and asked me to restart but I don't think it really worked because it asked me to run the script again also said that if you have already run the script and restarted, the partition cannot be mounted.

Link2SD isn't working for me as well

Another thing I noticed was when checking the applications on SD card from the settings menu, it shows me the free/used space of the FAT32 Partition and not the ext2 on top of that when I mount my SD all the apps on SD become unavailable. So this leads me to believe that it's not working properly. Last time I used Apps2sd was on my G1/Dream on CM 6 and if I remember correctly after enabling apps2sd only your FAT partition gets mounted through USB and not the ext partition and your still able to run those apps.

Move your apps back to the "phone" (in this case to your ext2 partition cause you enabled apps2sd) - it is normal that your apps get away when you use "Froyo App2SD"

Use an app like "Titanium Backup" for looking if the free space on the ext2 partition gets less and/or to move all apps back to phone ;)

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest astuermer

hello vache

did you integrate some kind of read/write buffer in gingerounay?

i've installed gingerounay 2.1.1 over .26 leak and i can't change the buffer - it seems to be fixed to 2048kb.

my fat32 16gb card worked better with 128kb.

how can i change this?

i already tried several tools from the market (sd boost, etc) but after a reboot everything's back at 2048kb.

any help? thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of questions:

1. Is this the most popular rom on the acer liquid metal?

2. How big to you make your ext2 partitions on your sd card?

3. Whats a2sd and ap2sd and whats the process of using them?

Thanks

Couple of questions:

1. Is this the most popular rom on the acer liquid metal?

2. How big to you make your ext2 partitions on your sd card?

3. Whats a2sd and ap2sd and whats the process of using them?

Thanks

1.) Not sure.

2.) I made mine 1GB

3.) A2SD seems to be done via a script that runs automatically or by an app called Link2SD, the app can also move the applications automatically if you choose for it to do so.

1. For me, Yep, for the moment

2. 512Mo is enough for me

with ad2sd (app2sd + dalvick-cache):

88 personal apps,

65Mb available on Ext2,

53Mo (56Mb) available on internal phone memory

3. "ad2sd-on" to be launch/apply by "GScript Lite" & Reboot phone after that.

Merou

I find after using ad2sd the apps don't seem to update when there is a new version and fail?

Any problem for me !

Try to make a "Market Doctor" over "Titanium Backup" if you have "Pro" version.

Guest stonebear

Go to "Other" in Recovery menu and choose "Toggle signature verify" in order to Flash in "No signed check mode"

have a look on first post (no signed for patch 2.1.1)

Thanks! :)

Guest BrickedFroyo

Hello Vache,

Wanted to thank you on the great job,

I did want to ask if there were any known issues on boot? after i set up my phone with the apps i needed, I rebooted, the first time the it booted up, it took about 3 hrs,

The second time today, it 4 hours into the boot up and still hasnt booted up, stuck on the android image. I dont know if its an issue with the apps that were installed that conflicted or an issue with the software on boot up?

Let me know if i can provide any logs... now what i think about it it did happen before and i flashed it again with the 2.1 zip, i disregarded it the last time perhaps due to some mistake i made, any thoughts?

Cheers

Ty

Hi Vache,

I still run your rom flawlessly since I installed it 2 weeks ago.

I have nevertheless identified one small issue, that still bothers me : the top notifications LED. I use Handcent SMS, and when I receive a message, the corresponding led won't light up. So I tried Go SMS, but it changed nothing at all.

That's when I decided to put up the Acer Iconia SMS/MMS update you gave on first page. And behold ! The LED lights up. Happy me. The only problem is... I find it ugly. So, do you know what might be the problem with the led not working with external apps ?

By the way, the Iconia SMS/MMS app has an issue as well : when I click on the Social Messages tab, it force closes. Is that normal, is it just me ?

Thanks !

Heys guys, any solutions for this?

Mercurius i have the same problem, did you try to use the Acer Iconia Sms/Mms in "background" for only have the Led notification and disable the others, and use the Go Sms normally for messaging?

Edited by freakk