[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

My device froze several times when switching between Apps.

Need to long press Power to reboot.

PS, I set OC to 1.5.

Try to change the CPU governor to "ondemand".

what kind of apps2sd is in this rom ? does it send them to a ext partition ? your post says ext3/4 support

It's always the same app2sd and it's using an ext partition.

Guest vikings123

Try to change the CPU governor to "ondemand".

It's always the same app2sd and it's using an ext partition.

Vache, I did set it as OnDemand.

After changed OC to 1.4, it works like gem. Thanks!

Many Thanks Vache...downloading.

I got a question. I would like to use LUKS Manager but wondering if Gingerounay kernel supports "* Have a kernel that supports secure dm-crypt modes (CONFIG_DM_CRYPT) and loopback devices"? If not, how many work it would be to enable this stuff?

Thanx again,

DeJe

Guest stonebear

Vache, I selected "Acer UI" and rebooted but I did not get the Acer lockscreen but I did get a different pulldown with notifications only - so I tried changing back to Android UI and the pulldown has stayed with notifications only, no clock, no options to turn things like wifif on and off etc.

I really want the better pulldown back please, now neither Acer UI or Android UI give me that now, although it started off with that after install?

And I would like the Acer lockscreen but can't get that either.

Edited by stonebear

Yes, it seems the link for download is down.

Meanwhile I had flashed the ROM and ran into some issues.

- Superuser included in the ROM is not working. I had to flash Version 3.02

- same notification bar issues as stonebear (reflashed the phone to get the bar with shortcuts back).

Guest stonebear

Yes, it seems the link for download is down.

Meanwhile I had flashed the ROM and ran into some issues.

- Superuser included in the ROM is not working. I had to flash Version 3.02

- same notification bar issues as stonebear (reflashed the phone to get the bar with shortcuts back).

My Superuser is working.

edit

I really hope Vache can tell how to get pulldown with shortcuts back, I don't want to have to re-flash now I have set things up. sad.gif

EDIT

Maybe fault is because I installed from t&l 2.34 and not from official 2.35 as instructed?

If that is the case, my apologies to Vache!

I have installed official 2.35 now and will install Gingerounay 2.5 again later.

Edited by stonebear

Guest ptesmoke

flashed according to instructions, booted fine, turned on app2sd in taboo app you provided, restarted and boot hang....

freshly formatted 8gb sdcard with 512mb ext4 partition 32mb swap.

what gives?

Hi all!

a ) I'm lovin'it

b ) Two questions:

1) the Tun removal will effect our VPN capabilities?

2) What do we need to do to use taboonay tools to move everything to sd? Is it like link2sd (it moves the whole application to sd)? Maybe a little tutorial would be VERY appreciated :)

Edited by ltpitt

Guest harylauw

flashed according to instructions, booted fine, turned on app2sd in taboo app you provided, restarted and boot hang....

what gives?

try to wait around 5-10 minutes

Guest harylauw

to vache

i have a issue when activating apps/dalvik/data 2 SD using tabootools...when it reboots it always show me setup wizard (like it always wiped)

now i'm trying app2sd, it's working fine

Hi,I'm new user here and a proud owner of an Acer Liquid Metal. I'm using the previous version of Gingerounay. As i remember the previous one was a gingerbread vanilla rom and i had to flash the Breeze UI separately. Do i have to do it again now? Or Breeze is included in 2.5 version.

Thanks in advance for this info.

Edited by racoq

Guest harylauw

Hi,I'm new user here and a proud owner of an Acer Liquid Metal. I'm using the previous version of Gingerounay. As i remember the previous one was a gingerbread vanilla rom and i had to flash the Breeze UI separately. Do i have to do it again now? Or Breeze is included in 2.5 version.

Thanks in advance for this info.

u can select it on tabootools

Guest allannn

After flashing, boot looped a couple times before it finally worked. Then after a couple hours of playing around with it and restoring my apps and settings, it crashed and when I tried to reboot phone, it got stuck on the boot screen again, and on the rare occasion that it does load, it opens up with the new android setup thing, and everything crashes rendering it unusable.

Guest noogai93

After flashing, boot looped a couple times before it finally worked. Then after a couple hours of playing around with it and restoring my apps and settings, it crashed and when I tried to reboot phone, it got stuck on the boot screen again, and on the rare occasion that it does load, it opens up with the new android setup thing, and everything crashes rendering it unusable.

Yes mine boot looped when it was flashed, i currently dont have time to fiddle with it more, so i nandroided back to ginger dmd.

It might be a problem with the included OC kernel.

u can select it on tabootools

I 've instalted the latest update from acer, installed recovery, rooted the device, and installed Gingerounay 2.5

When i launch tabootools, and go to Applications i don't see the acer launcher besides the stock launcher 2 (this launches the stock gingerbread android launcher and it i'snt what i want).

I'm sorry but i don't think tabootools works that well and you mislead me in your comment.... I don't see anywhere the breezeUI option to use and the Acer launcher is not included.

Edited by racoq

Guest RohanAJoshi

I 've instalted the latest update from acer, installed recovery, rooted the device, and installed Gingerounay 2.5

When i launch tabootools, and go to Applications i don't see the acer launcher besides the stock launcher 2 (this launches the stock gingerbread android launcher and it i'snt what i want).

I'm sorry but i don't think tabootools works that well and you mislead me in your comment.... I don't see anywhere the breezeUI option to use and the Acer launcher is not included.

I think u need to use GScript..

what gives?

to vache

i have a issue when activating apps/dalvik/data 2 SD using tabootools...when it reboots it always show me setup wizard (like it always wiped)

now i'm trying app2sd, it's working fine

Can confirm these issues. I only tried Dalvik2SD and Apps, Dalvik and Data to SD and those two both seemed to caused the issues above.

Edited by k0zmic