[rom][gen2]Diet Stir Fry ...2.0.1 relased ...CM7 Dailer

Guest iKrautDroid

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Who wants Circle Battery?

Comin after breakfast!

Remember to add this as mod, not as default, IMO is the better option.

You can also add the option to return to the stock battery indicator, it's more and more user friendly I think. :)

Anyway I use your rom since yesterday, nothing bad to say for now. Thanks.

Guest Urkee
A user sent me a PM requesting circle battery, Ill try to make all happy.

And I would love to have percentage battery with bar B) CM7 style :D ;) :)

Edited by Urkee

Guest Baggy Pipes

Good work. I'm still on SS5 ATM, may try this over the weekend.

wbaw has now updated Ginger Stir Fry to Beta 5, will this follow suit?

wbaw says:

"The changes were worth it though, it looks nicer & runs better than previous versions.

Actually I didn't remove much, the things I did remove weren't big & I added quite a few things, but i made a lot of things smaller, trimmed some fat. I removed zte dialer, zte alarm clock. I added voice search, openvpn, aosp dialer, reboot app."

Edited by Baggy Pipes

Guest iKrautDroid
Good work. I'm still on SS5 ATM, may try this over the weekend.

wbaw has now updated Ginger Stir Fry to Beta 5, will this follow suit?

wbaw says:

"The changes were worth it though, it looks nicer & runs better than previous versions.

Actually I didn't remove much, the things I did remove weren't big & I added quite a few things, but i made a lot of things smaller, trimmed some fat. I removed zte dialer, zte alarm clock. I added voice search, openvpn, aosp dialer, reboot app."

yup, Ill upload the update soon.

Guest rockstarszzzz
yup, Ill upload the update soon.

THANKS a lot for 2.0.1

I cleared ONLY Dalvik Cache and then installed it on top of 1.0.5 - works perfectly smooth. Awesome battery life. I had 1.0.5 whole day yesterday and then updated to 2.0.1 - haven't charged since nearly 30 hours and I've got 76% battery on mostly standy and odd calls/text. No wifi/data/gps though.

Also, I installed circle mod - no issues at all

I installed AOSP dialler - no issues at all - all syncs fine :)

Guest orangeman2003

just noticed on the circle battery mod when charging on the lock screen the charging circle is blue in the middle of the screen.

is yours the same?

Guest rockstarszzzz
just noticed on the circle battery mod when charging on the lock screen the charging circle is blue in the middle of the screen.

is yours the same?

Hi Orangeman2003

No - my circle mode works perfectly fine. However, what do you mean 'blue in the middle of the screen'?

It shows a 'plug' in the middle of circle and then switches to percentage '79' for me. And the blue circle slowly gets complete. No other 'full blue' in midde of the circle or screen. Not even in lock screen.

I can't take lock screen screen shot but I have attached the screen shot of my circle mod while charging.

post-689962-1308930050_thumb.png

Guest rockstarszzzz

However, what I have noticed with all wbaw betas and all diet stir fry ROMs that I don't get to send things via bluetooth. Everyone keeps confirming they can send it, but I don't even get an option to do so. Here is the screenshot:

post-689962-1308930160_thumb.png

I have only two options - dropbox or gmail !!

Guest orangeman2003

sorry maybe i was not including the full information i should have

i flashed PowerMenu_Stock_AddonCRTCircleBattery.zip

the normal circle u see on the screen shot is green for me and gets darker as it charges, im currently @ 55% charge, when u lock the phone with the power button and then press power again you get to the lock screen which is slide to unlock. if u remain charging and look at the screen it will have a charging (55%) with the circle icon before. mine is always blue there and not matching the same colour as the home screen/notification bar.

Im unsure how this theme is supose to work "ie changing colour depending on % status" but some clarification would be great :)

EDIT - reflashing now....

EDIT - Same as before - going back to normal battery icon

Edited by orangeman2003

Guest tonydl

Did you fix GTalk? It is broken in wbaw's beta5 (when trying to open a chat windows with someone it fcs)

With the ZTE Dialer the facebook contact sync won't work, will it?

Can I just change to the CM7 dialer (I'm going to use GO Contacts as dialer anyway) to re-enable facebook contact sync?

Guest rockstarszzzz
sorry maybe i was not including the full information i should have

i flashed PowerMenu_Stock_AddonCRTCircleBattery.zip

the normal circle u see on the screen shot is green for me and gets darker as it charges, im currently @ 55% charge, when u lock the phone with the power button and then press power again you get to the lock screen which is slide to unlock. if u remain charging and look at the screen it will have a charging (55%) with the circle icon before. mine is always blue there and not matching the same colour as the home screen/notification bar.

Im unsure how this theme is supose to work "ie changing colour depending on % status" but some clarification would be great B)

EDIT - reflashing now....

EDIT - Same as before - going back to normal battery icon

This is what I did.

From 1.0.5 -> wiped dalvik -> flashed 2.0.1. -> reboot -> flashed power + crt mode -> reboot -> flash status bar -> reboot and it should work! :)

Guest CaptainSpectacular

As there's not so many importants changes in the beta 5 from wbaw I'll not upgrade my actual rom wich's almost perfect. :)

Aslo I just want to say thanks to iKrautDroid who have understand that for make people happy, just let them the choice. Adding the option to add or remove the circle battery for example, is very cool.

Congrats for your custom. B)

Guest Lord_Snake

I found a strange bug. I can't change the call/alarm ringtone to one from my SD card. I just can change for the original one's...

How can I put an mp3 from SD as a ringtone?

Thanks!

Guest rockstarszzzz

There is a bug with incoming call screen when the name overlaps the picture and sometimes even the time. I think it's already mentioned somewhere in wbaw's thread. It's occuring on addition of the CM7 call screen. If ZTE screen is used, then there is no such issue. Not a bug with this rom but the base rom. I don't know if it's fixable.

As far as battery goes, I've charged last yesterday morning. Since then it's had very regular use without wifi, gps and data connection = just as a phone. It is syncing my emails and facebook every one minute.

My battery remaining is 65%. I think it's impressive as I am nearly ending my second day!!! :) (unless my battery calibration is a real mess!)

Guest a19074

Hi, great ROM so far!

First:

I did a clean install after factory reset, but got a problem with the power control widget:

screenshot_1.png

Anybody else got such Problems?

Second:

What version of the messagin app (mms.apk ?) do you use? the messages are displayed on a white background, and i can't change to black! (i could do that on CM7 an really miss that feature!)

Thanks for any hints!

MK

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hi, great ROM so far!

First:

I did a clean install after factory reset, but got a problem with the power control widget:

screenshot_1.png

Anybody else got such Problems?

Second:

What version of the messagin app (mms.apk ?) do you use? the messages are displayed on a white background, and i can't change to black! (i could do that on CM7 an really miss that feature!)

Thanks for any hints!

MK

Hi I have exactly same issue with the power widget - you are not alone.

And you can change messaging background to black. Go to messaging, then menu, then settings, then scroll down and it has an option for 'use black background'- tick that box. exit messaging and come back again - done! :)

However, what i've noticed is some of my messages don't save in the thread even though they are sent to someone. - it's been doing that all afternoon to me!

Guest a19074
And you can change messaging background to black. Go to messaging, then menu, then settings, then scroll down and it has an option for 'use black background'- tick that box. exit messaging and come back again - done! :)

I know this option from other ROMs (CM7 for example), but this checkbox just isnt't there at the MMS-app of DSF 2.0.1. Please double check if you can find it on your DSF 2.0.1 installtion!

Guest a19074

Third:

Can't check the battery history with the included version of spareparts plus ... there's just a short popup "could not find battery stats activity in your rom! are you running a gingerbread rom which doesn't contain ...". I've seen this already in a few other gingerbread stock-roms of other phones. is this feature blocked by the phone-vendors?

Just out of curiosity: the gingerbread leak from ZTE... is it a source-leak, or were just a few binaries (kernel ?) leaked for a zte-rom?

Guest Baggy Pipes

From the Ginderbread Stir Fry b5 thread, re power widget:

primo007

The two end ones - wifi and brightness - don't have the usual dark background and a thick green line appears underneath the icons when they are on.

I did a full wipe, etc, and then reinstalled, but the issue remains.

Replace settings.apk from b4 and it will be fine.

Guest Andymac1969
HMM...

Market and menu button work fine.

Try redownloading the rom, wiping and flashing.

Had a go at that and still would not work, when I opened Go weather and pressed the menu button to access the options for Go Weather, nothing, I also had this in wbaw stir fry ROM, at the moment I have reverted back to CM7 and the Go Weather is fixed

Guest Orbbman
New Ginger Stir Fry released! Beta 6.

Are you going to update? (I think the power widget graphics error is fixed in it)

I'm pretty sure he will but as we have summer holidays in his part of Germany I guess it'll take some time - grant him his well deserved offtime :)

Edited by Orbbman