Advent - exciting news

Guest Blue Gas

Guest newbe5
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

So people expected Notion Ink to behave differently to the smaller chinese operations that have been churning out vega copies with vegacomb on??

I have seen some sneak peaks at a WIP ROM from NI, and it's Android 3.1, so the hope was that this would be the ROM they released. Unfortunately it appears that wasn't ready (probably due to lack of finished kernel), but they had announced a deadline for HC, so this seems to have been their way out of it (attempting to save face by meeting the deadline).

It's unfortunate, as we were hoping to pilfer elements from their new ROM :) Yes, I'm an Android vulture :rolleyes:

newbe5

Guest WWEpsp
I have seen some sneak peaks at a WIP ROM from NI, and it's Android 3.1, so the hope was that this would be the ROM they released. Unfortunately it appears that wasn't ready (probably due to lack of finished kernel), but they had announced a deadline for HC, so this seems to have been their way out of it (attempting to save face by meeting the deadline).

It's unfortunate, as we were hoping to pilfer elements from their new ROM :) Yes, I'm an Android vulture :rolleyes:

newbe5

So that means no surprise... then you just miet with Advent people to talk about "stealing" things from the nnotionk ink rom?

Edited by WWEpsp

Guest newbe5
So that means no surprise... then you just miet with Advent people to talk about "stealing" things from the nnotionk ink rom?

LMFAO! Not at all :) Also, stealing is such a harsh word, but where do you think VegaComb came from in the first place? It wasn't thin air :rolleyes:

Guest Panayioti
LMFAO! Not at all :) Also, stealing is such a harsh word, but where do you think VegaComb came from in the first place? It wasn't thin air :rolleyes:

So you meeting up with Advent wasnt anything to do with them but it was to discuss the official Notion Ink HC rom?

Guest WWEpsp

Yes i know steal its a bit hard word LOL, but didnt find another xD

Anyway what happens with the future of VegaComb?

Guest Richard_Arkless
So you meeting up with Advent wasnt anything to do with them but it was to discuss the official Notion Ink HC rom?

My predictions is that advent heard that notion ink was releasing a honeycomb rom so advent hired paul and newbe5 hoping they can port it (officially or unofficially), paul tweeted about it then when it got released newbe5 looked over it and found it was just a rebranded vegacomb rom

Of course this is my speculation, it may just be that notion releasing this rom has nothing to do with paul's and advent's meeting and is just coincidence

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest newbe5
My predictions is that advent heard that notion ink was releasing a honeycomb rom so advent hired paul and newbe5 hoping they can port it (officially or unofficially), paul tweeted about it then when it got released newbe5 looked over it and found it was just a rebranded vegacomb rom

Of course this is my speculation, it may just be that notion releasing this rom has nothing to do with paul's and advent's meeting and is just coincidence

Nooo, nono, LOL! Man, people read a lot in to what I say, the rumor-mill is hard at work here hu? The NI thing is something that me and the guys at TabletROMS were hoping for, nothing to do with Advent :)

Guest Qwirtle

Guys, maybe we're reading too much into things.

The exciting news, is that newbe found a new restaurant with great food at a reasonable price, and had dinner there with the guys from Advent....

Guest Sanddancer75

The exciting news, is that newbe found a new restaurant with great food at a reasonable price, and had dinner there with the guys from Advent....

You'd hope Advent paid after all the money that the modders have made them.

Guest Remington Steale
Yes i know steal its a bit hard word LOL, but didnt find another xD

How about "Picking the bones of an available carcass as a necessity"?

Guest Minimonkey

Lol, could have been a 2 for 1 deal! With a free desert..... :)

Guest wi-fli

I really really like my Vega, which I've had for 6 months. It has MCR v8 on it, which is fine for my day-to-day use.

I would very much like HC on it, and will probably try VegaComb at some point.

BUT I think it is immensely unlikely that Advent will release an official HC for it, or any significant O/S update. I certainly don't hold it against them - if I was running the business I certainly would be looking at new hardware. This is a very fast changing market, and only Apple can get away with 12 month product cycles really. The best hope for the Vega 1 is if new hardware (with HC) provides a source for a (totally unofficial) improved VegaComb for Vega V1.

That's my thought for the day.

Guest WWEpsp
Nooo, nono, LOL! Man, people read a lot in to what I say, the rumor-mill is hard at work here hu? The NI thing is something that me and the guys at TabletROMS were hoping for, nothing to do with Advent :)

at least say something about that meeting... :S :S

Guest Monleyfish
So apart from what the new is about, is there any word on when the news will be announced?

ta

hope it is soon, my birthday is here and I was gonna get a Vega on the weekend because of the hardware and the tweaking which paqrticularly appeals to me, now you can't get one :)

Adrian.

Guest Drat2
BUT I think it is immensely unlikely that Advent will release an official HC for it, or any significant O/S update. I certainly don't hold it against them - if I was running the business I certainly would be looking at new hardware. This is a very fast changing market, and only Apple can get away with 12 month product cycles really. The best hope for the Vega 1 is if new hardware (with HC) provides a source for a (totally unofficial) improved VegaComb for Vega V1.

I wouldn't buy a VEGA vII if they leave VEGA vI with no updated OS, as I wouldn't want to be stuck with a VEGA vII with HC that will never get an OS update to ICS

Guest Remington Steale
Vegas are important but lamb shank is on another level

Absolutely, especially if its a really well cooked one where the meat just falls off the bone......

Hungry now.

Guest Monleyfish
Absolutely, especially if its a really well cooked one where the meat just falls off the bone......

Hungry now.

Redcurrant Jus, new potatoes and mint sauce.

All we want now is a Vega with VC 1.7 and Flash working perfectly and we're laughing lol. :)

Guest xXBooSHXx

I think Newbe5 more importantly....what everyone wants to know is

..............................................What did you have for dessert ????

Guest premieral
I think Newbe5 more importantly....what everyone wants to know is

..............................................What did you have for dessert ????

or where did you eat as you are fairly close to me and i could do with a new eatery :)

Guest TimboDavis
I wouldn't buy a VEGA vII if they leave VEGA vI with no updated OS, as I wouldn't want to be stuck with a VEGA vII with HC that will never get an OS update to ICS

Totally agree with that Drat2!

The ACTUAL news is that Newbe5 et al have made a move to buy out DSG, sell off the Vega to Steve Jobsworth and convert all Dixons shop-fronts into high class brothels!...

...allegedly!

;-)

ps, if that really is the case Newbe, can I get discount!??

:)