latest zKernel newly edited now can be used for all android 2.2 and BB 54+!

Guest polycentric

Guest polycentric
:)

About NEW Zkernel for 2.2

the boot.img mod by Doom and ramdisk from tkymgr

I must say,it not my build ,I just using boot.img and wifi.ko from XDA and write update-script and chargemon and package the other files by myself

This zip both work in AOSP 2.2,CM6 0071 and TripNMiUI froyo in my test

Fortunately,you show up ,I'm sorry for quoting your title and package .I'm really tired for replying those doubt .perhaps I should not put it up.All the way .thanks for your excellent work

Guest lzyllp
Fortunately,you show up ,I'm sorry for quoting your title and package .I'm really tired for replying those doubt .perhaps I should not put it up.All the way .thanks for your excellent work

I think you should edit the thread.It can cause some misunderstand

Guest Icywat3r

I followed the instruction and flash the kernel seem to work fine, but i can't change the themes. Anyone have the same problem?

Guest polycentric
I followed the instruction and flash the kernel seem to work fine, but i can't change the themes. Anyone have the same problem?

perhaps it is a question.you can paste you theme into the rom( into system/media/theme/ for MIUI) ,and change permissions by rootexplorer.(change to rw-r-r)

who knows.perhaps useful!

Edited by polycentric

Guest Ronald_Veen

So it is completly the same as the one of SourceCode? Posted earlier this week? (See Reference Bellow)

If it isn't whats the difference?

Just copying across my post from XDA:

To all struggling with getting the latest ZKernel working on Trip's MIUI Rom (1.7) with Baseband .67 -

I am using the ZKernel (mixed with FreeKernel mod352-MIUI) on Trip's MIUI Rom (1.7) with Baseband .67 and everything is working, including Wifi (no issues on reconnects either) and Camera/Camcoder.

Please follow these steps:

1. Delete all unwanted files/folders on your SD card like DCIM, Camera, etc.

2. Make sure you are on bb .67, then XRecovery - Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache.

3. Install TripNMiUI 1.7 and reboot.

4. Setup everything and once everything (eg network, 3G, etc.) looks stable reboot into XRecovery.

5. Flash the attached zip file.

6. XRecovery - Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache and reboot.

7. Enjoy :)

Please note I have ONLY mixed and matched the files from Z, Goro and Doomlord.

So all credits should go to Z, Goro (tkymgr), Doomlord, Hirox10 (hrsy96) (for sharing his thoughts on putting together the MIUI version of FreeKernel-mod35.x), and last but not least Trip for the wonderful MIUI ROM B)

Final note:

Please use the attached file at your own risk. I am not responsible if you brick, liquify or vapourise your phones.

I am using it on my phone running TripNMiUI 1.7 (bb .67) and so far so good. I am also running SetCPU with values 998 max - 245 min.

Phew tired typing all this :D

Cheers,

SourceCode (aka: QuestionBoy @ XDA).

Guest Icywat3r

I started from scratch again and it works this time.

perhaps it is a question.you can paste you theme into the rom( into system/media/theme/ for MIUI) ,and change permissions by rootexplorer.(change to rw-r-r)

who knows.perhaps useful!

Guest polycentric
So it is completly the same as the one of SourceCode? Posted earlier this week? (See Reference Bellow)

I want you to know:

firstly it is for BB54+.while the previous custom kernel is only for BB 49/52.It seems a big breakthrough.

secondly the 2.1 version kernel is only for z's xrecovery0.3.if you use another,the kernel won't be installed!

Thanks for replying all the same

newly edited:If I seemed impolite,I must apologize for it.

Edited by polycentric

Guest Ronald_Veen
I want you to know:

firstly it is for BB54+.while the previous custom kernel is only for BB 49/52.It seems a big breakthrough.

secondly the 2.1 version kernel is only for z's xrecovery0.3.if you use another,the kernel won't be installed!

The one of Sourcecode is also using the kernel version of zdzihu for BB54+ and is installable for 2.2. Roms. Did you even looked @Sourcecode version which i used as reference?

I know the difference between old kernel and new kernel of zdzihu, only what is the breakthrough of this one compared with Sourcecode version of the new kernel....

Sorry if i don't get it, but your previous answer was not helping me

Guest Anant Shrivastava
I want you to know:

Hi Polycentric,

I don't get the point when the person who actually worked on the stuff has already noted it down that he has taken the base pack from DoomLord over at XDA and has packaged few stuff along with it what is your problem in accepting this.

I am reporting the thread to the mods and they can sort stuff out.

for those reading please check lzyllp post a few posts above in the same thread.

Guest polycentric
The one of Sourcecode is also using the kernel version of zdzihu for BB54+ and is installable for 2.2. Roms. Did you even looked @Sourcecode version which i used as refererence?

newly edited:

Perhaps I can't say anything about this,for it is too professional for me to give you a satified answer.

But lzyllp in my thread had made definite expressions about his work,just differrent from Sourcecode'work.

You can look the thread again.

I feel sorry.I do not know if it can help you!

Edited by polycentric

Guest polycentric

previously,I took unsuitable words that would make misunderstand.I must apologise for it.So I accept those things.Is it wrong?I wondered…

Guest Lancez
previously,I took unsuitable words that would make misunderstand.I must apologise for it.So I accept those things.Is it wrong?I wondered…

if you started a new thread it is better to make everything loud and clear. if you think your english is not good enough, i'd be happy to translate for ya.

火气别太大,避免不必要的争执。

Guest polycentric
if you started a new thread it is better to make everything loud and clear. if you think your english is not good enough, i'd be happy to translate for ya.

火气别太大,避免不必要的争执。

Thank you very much…

It's amazing that you are good at chinese.

Guest glim9981

So will i get the weird theme for installing this custom kernel on TripN Froyo MIUI v1.7??

Guest polycentric
So will i get the weird theme for installing this custom kernel on TripN Froyo MIUI v1.7??

To feel at ease,those problem wouldn't occur,if so,it can be solved.

Guest polycentric
Hi guys!

Can anyone let me know if there is a BTS zip file somewhere if something would go wrong with the kernel ?

thanks

make a backup in recovery first before flashing!

Guest polycentric
native wifi tether working? giving error for me

in all 2.2 rom native wifi tether do not work,it is not the kernel's fault.

• 3 weeks later...