[ROM] [24(5)-06] TripNArc "Iris" arc@xperia 1.0! - Update pack & Test-Pack 1.0.1

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest a1exander
Enuff of this teary eyed bullsh*t!! Lol!!! 8-) let's get to flashin n bug hunting!!! It will take probably a week to ship from usa to netherlands. Ya got sum time to spare!!

Love reading the posts and flashing roms with everybody here!!! You guys are awesome!!! Gives me something to look forward to each day!!

Best regards,

Chris

Hahhah that is so true, In some strange way theres like christmas for me every day looking through x10.modaco.com. B) Really Chris, you are the best. :)

Write something funny inside the battery holder in the phone you're sending him or something for Trip hahah! :D

Guest TripNRaVeR
Good to know that support for this ROM and others will be given till the end. B)

Cant believe what i'm seeing here :) What a nice post from the misses!

It is just correct way to go I guess, I will finish MIUI Froyo, MIUI Gingerbread, TripNArc, CM6 CM7 and maybe if there is time the final surprise.

Guest a1exander

It is just correct way to go I guess, I will finish MIUI Froyo, MIUI Gingerbread, TripNArc, CM6 CM7 and maybe if there is time the final surprise.

Oh no! No tease again!! You're gonna regret this moment haha, just like with "TripNFeautures", everybody was asking when It would be released and what it was etc. B)

So, uhm *cough* .. whats the final surprise?

Guest TripNRaVeR
Oh no! No tease again!! You're gonna regret this moment haha, just like with "TripNFeautures", everybody was asking when It would be released and what it was etc. :)

So, uhm *cough* .. whats the final surprise?

Then you must know that you dont get the answers. B)

Guest a1exander
Then you must know that you dont get the answers. :)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHH! (CSI, that scream after he puts hes glasses on!)

Guest Ryan D
Nothing less then all respects to Chris, he sits alone at the top for SURE. Almost no one is as helpfull as Chris these days. I've PM'd him and we sorted things out.

For others DONT complain about the rom, if you read all the pages then you'll find the reason for the rom to be like this. This is unfinished dev-release. No preparations done for a release. Nothing optimized nothing checked and verified. This releases are mainly for testers to test BASIC functions cause they will fail sometimes on the road to a release. I build different versions at one time to check and verify what works and what isnt working when editting new functions. The development of this version is stopped when I had an breakthrough in the latest official firmware I was working on that for the fullest. This release is the release as stated on the OP therefore it wasnt released in the first place.. That was the reason that the waiting hours where posted those where needed to fix the essential parts and glitches etc before the release. It has nothing to do with expectations I always STAND for a release and I always get in to the discussion with people about the rom quality because every rom needs to match my personal release quality (call it release checks) before it gets on.

This one missed that part competely.

T.

I understand completely,it was basically just not informed in your post of this ROM. you posted information like "Have fun! Enjoy finally 2.3.3 on your Xperia (no lag! eat your heart out S.E. )" and "- Custom MIUI-Music app editted by TripNRaVeR confirmation again to Arc U" ..with those two statements one would draw the conclusion that the music works..usually devs get an app working before they theme it,and "enjoy finally" as if it was somewhat close to a final completion. Lastly in your post it doesnt state what doesnt work or that its its a WIP rom or BETA even. So you see where i came from with my confusion. No Biggie though,your work you put in and continue to put in for the X10 DEV seen is highly respected and i commend you for your work youve done here.

Guest ErraticTomTom

Have been using TripNRockinArc for 7 hours now, have not had any FC's it's really responsive, the only 2 things that don’t work is turning the phone to ‘Landscape’ (I always disable this as I find it annoying) and Mounting the SD via USB (USB Mass Storage Watcher App in the market sorted this).

I’ve used;

MIUI Music

IMAP email account setup, sending and receiving emails

Market and Gmail

Standard Message App

Handcent SMS

Titanium Backup (This did fail initially saying ‘Phone not rooted’ but after running Super User once and starting Titanium Backup again I have not had a problem since)

Facebook (Contacts all syncing)

Google Maps & GPS

Browser

3G and WiFi

All in all awesome work, it does seem to be a bit of a RAM eater but free RAM is kind of wasted RAM...it’s also strange seeing the SE Boot animation again, it’s been a while since it graced my screen, also made me chuckle at the fact it was all ported by you and not SE

I’m gonna use for my new daily.....well until the next version of this is up :) Hope you get Chris’s phone soon (Chris - Thanks for doing that If you’re reading this) thanks very much for all the time you spend on helping all of us and making us happier than SE ever have since we bought our phone.

Guest Wolfbreak

Wow nice action Chris! Trip i hope you can fix all in this ROM and optimize it, i love the ARC Theme and Features so this ROM is my daily now :)

Guest atintan
Wow nice action Chris! Trip i hope you can fix all in this ROM and optimize it, i love the ARC Theme and Features so this ROM is my daily now :)

how come camera is not working at all and is the same old problem with timescape. there is only tweeter and facebook there and nothing else? timescape facebook doesn't work either.

Guest pissat4motion

testing on bb54

installation went smooth..rom is fast and smooth.

only issues Im having are those that have been mentioned already.

-cant capture photo with native camera/video even after changing settings to those mentioned in a previous post. camera does work with camera illusion

-in past roms I usually skip setup and on login to market my contacts are imported. didnt happen this time..had to import contacts from sim card..and contacts showing duplicates and no way to remove them.

-youtube worked for me in landscape mode but after video is done playing screen is scrambled.

-volume on media and calls is low

As it sits I could daily this rom if MiUI 1.7 wasnt so damn sexy..

Guest highaltitude

I think I may be patient and wait for an "officially Trip stamped of approval" version. Though, I may get bored or curious and try it. I do have MiUI 1.7 and Arc .9 already setup and working well. Great work as always!

Guest zlive
Tested... and now come back Trip MiUI 1.7 because of alot of big bugs in this rom.

Anyway, thanks Trip.!

++1

Great Rom, back to the great trip froyo 1.7, which everything run 100%..

Guest Mortyx10

Hey Trip

Just a suggestion...why dont you and wolf work together on this? wolf loves this rom and he stated that he wanted to start a gb rom so I think two devs can fix things faster than one, you each could take different responsibilies, for example wolf work on the graphical glitches and bug fixing and you work on making the rom 1:1 by porting arcs stuff....just my opinion.

Edited by Mortyx10

Guest Captain Bungers
Hey Trip

Just a suggestion...why dont you and wolf work together on this? wolf loves this rom and he stated that he wanted to start a gb rom so I think two devs can fix things faster than one, you each could take different responsibilies, for example wolf work on the graphical glitches and bug fixing and you work on making the rom 1:1 by porting arcs stuff....just my opinion.

+1 here.

Thanks for all of your work so far Trip...

Maybe we should pay for some airfares for Wolf or Trip to meet up? LOL

Anyway Trip, some cash is on its way soon mate.

Cheers

Jum

Guest Dagna
Hey Trip

The two guys that my sexy X10 appreciate the most working together on this awesome ROM, come-on? You know, solo performance is not any more 'a la mode' these days. Imagine this ROM labelled as Trip&WolfArc 2.0. I like wolf's Arc ROM (TW 7.1) and it is not very far from this new Arc by SE. I like the camera in the new Arc (though not functioning for now), I like very much the overall perfrormace of Trip's MIUI Froyo 1.7 (although I prefer his GB 0.4 with its sexy notification bar), I appreciate the Dialer from Trip's MIUI, I love the battery performace of Wolf's ROMS, ... These are some of the reasons for the BIGGEST MERGER IN THE HISTORY OF X10 ROM DEVELOPMENT! Think ... Trip&WolfArc 2.0!

Cheers

Edited by Dagna

I'm happy to hear this. I'll wait 4 ur final Miui Gingerbead beacause I love Miui ^^

Guest Neel007
but you keep bagging trip out.... here and on fb. Most people here want the update. but again, most dont really think slander is really needed just because you think he may be trying to get a sneaky dollar out of people. maybe he wanted to finish the rom on an old phone just because he could/wanted to/likes doing that/has nothing else to do/invested to much time to stop....

what is trip's name on fb?

Guest azrull
Hey Trip

+1 too

Guest xuhaoyang
Thanks for the nice ROM Trip

here is my bug report

MIUI Music FC when i click on a played Song. So it cant display the screen when the Cover and all but you can listen Songs.

TrackID & SE Sync doesnt work due to no Authentication to SE Servers

Camera & Camcorder doesnt work on native Camera App [didnt tried Camera Illusion yet]

When you get a Call and you need to answer with the Slider the Phone Icon in Statusbar has blue BG [yeah i know its easy fixable, just want to let you know]

Timescape FB&Twitter first Login black Text and BG

Landscape weird

I cant login to FB or Twitter, if i click one of them then it asks for a permession and i make accept and after that TS freeze i cant touch anything but if i press home button to get out of Timescape all works fine again.

When i want to add a Widget,Shortcut or anything at Homescreen theres a black BG behind the Popup, i dont know if this is a bug or wanted but i thought i write it^^

I know you probably know some of them already but i just listed all i see right now to keep it more clear for you i writed all i see not only the things you might not know.

Camera Illusion app can take a photograph,and Videocam illusion app can videorecord[LQ and QW]

But it is not well

Edited by xuhaoyang

Guest motorsportgod
what is trip's name on fb?

not on his facebook but in a xperia group he gets bagged out. jealousy i guess, it causes all sorts of grief

Guest brainz

Chris I LOVE YOU.... your always so humble and calm ...

Thank you for your help bro... :)

Good to See TRIP is BACK AND ROLLING B)

Edited by brainz

Guest Luis Ramirez

Wow!!! I just read all 33 pages B)!!

Trip sorry about your phone :S :S ... So far I can only said "You're the man" and will have everything working nice soon :D !!

Thanks Cris for the generosity and everyone that have already donated or cheered up Trip ;) . This is like a family I'm happy to be part of :)

Greetings for Costa Rica, Pura vida ;)