CyanogenMod 7.1 RC released!!!!

Guest mikeb90

Guest welly123

Dear friends

I have installed the new version of this great rom<, It is fast and stable. However I have a problem with connecting to internet with 3G. Can anyone guide me to solve this problem

N.B. data service is enabled

Guest thisweb

Okay, gonna give this a go today... but there seems to be a few CM7.1RC links in this thread now. Can anyone please tell me which is the best one to use (ie has most recent fixes/updates) . Any changelogs available ?

Also, can I use the new market app?

ShouldI use DTA2SD or is there a better app from market?

Should I use swapper2 or similar?

Is overclock settings built in to 7.1?

Edited by thisweb

Guest Casterina

Okay, gonna give this a go today... but there seems to be a few CM7.1RC links in this thread now. Can anyone please tell me which is the best one to use (ie has most recent fixes/updates) . Any changelogs available ?

Also, can I use the new market app?

ShouldI use DTA2SD or is there a better app from market?

Should I use swapper2 or similar?

Is overclock settings built in to 7.1?

Use Dtapps2sd and SWAP :)

Guest shashwatyoyo

I've a TMN A1 U8230 with CM7 RC1 with fixes, front and rear camera are really the only not working things. All is fine, due to CM and this CyanogenMod 7.1 RC released!!!!

Battery life perhaps not so good has CM6.1

Thank you all!

FGF

No, there is yet another problem ....

This rom is running opengl es 1.0 .... i dont know if its becuase of this that my 3d graphics are working awful ... eg .. Games , window animations ...

Guest moorkai

I know it's hardly possible (because of the U8220 hardware, not because of the developers), but is it any faster, or at least equally fast as AntonioPT's CM6.1?

I know it's hardly possible (because of the U8220 hardware, not because of the developers), but is it any faster, or at least equally fast as AntonioPT's CM6.1?

In my opinion, this rom is as fast as the AntonioPT rom, even using the CPU to 528MHz in two roms. In my case I do not give a very intensive use the phone, other people with other kind of use may have another opinion.

I used the CM7 for 2 or 3 weeks but returned to the AntonioPT rom because the camera does not work and also had problems sending mms, and i had trouble changing the language, just gotta change some things to Portuguese, is not very important, I could live with her in English.

Guest ashok2621

Hi

I installed this rom....worked absolutly fine but if i shut down my phone and restart it ...it does not get restarted ...it just get stuck at cyanogen mod 7 screen and just stays there for ever..only way i can restart is that i need to flash the rom again and restart ...that way it works ...really strange..can anyone what is causign the problem when restarting it again..

best regards

ashok

Guest shashwatyoyo

Ashok tumne Wipe data kiya tha rom flash kerne se pehle ? Try it once ..

Hi

I installed this rom....worked absolutly fine but if i shut down my phone and restart it ...it does not get restarted ...it just get stuck at cyanogen mod 7 screen and just stays there for ever..only way i can restart is that i need to flash the rom again and restart ...that way it works ...really strange..can anyone what is causign the problem when restarting it again..

best regards

ashok

Guest ashok2621

Ashok tumne Wipe data kiya tha rom flash kerne se pehle ? Try it once ..

yeah u r write ..i tried once again as told by you and its workin now....

but i m unable to bring market app ..its not there at all...

in the start up when it asked for one time installation for lot of apps like facebook etc...it simply crashed and didnot install anything..

can u or anyone help me in making the Market app appear and work..that is very important for any android user...

best regards

ashok

Guest shashwatyoyo

yeah u r write ..i tried once again as told by you and its workin now....

but i m unable to bring market app ..its not there at all...

in the start up when it asked for one time installation for lot of apps like facebook etc...it simply crashed and didnot install anything..

can u or anyone help me in making the Market app appear and work..that is very important for any android user...

best regards

ashok

Are reflash gapps.

Guest ashok2621

Are reflash gapps.

i reflashed gapps number of times but same result...i think the system memory is kind of full and thus not allowin market app to installl..

i can instal market app external on sd card but it crashes whenever it tries to download anything...

please advice.

cheers

Guest ashok2621

Try to flash market only.

http://dl.dropbox.co...arket_2.2.6.zip

tried that as well but still cannot see the market at all...i m really getting frustrated because of that..i thought of using getjar.com for the apps but that does not have huawei pulse as registered ph and thus cannot download apps from there..i read at one forum that i need simple2ext apk to make it work..as i cannot access market ..can anyone send me this apk so that i can try it to make it work...

cheers

ashok

Go to system, delete the market app and remove some system apps that u don't use and reflash again.

Cause the market wasn't working for me ether, but that fixed it.

Guest ashok2621

Go to system, delete the market app and remove some system apps that u don't use and reflash again.

Cause the market wasn't working for me ether, but that fixed it.

i cannot find the market app there at all....can you tell me the exact path where i should go and delete which of the files...

Guest ashok2621

i cannot find the market app there at all....can you tell me the exact path where i should go and delete which of the files...

in fact i have tried flashin 2.1 , 2.2 and 2.3 custom roms but all have same market app missing or not working problem...

but when i update the older 1.5 official rom frm t-mobile or official 2,1 t-mobile rom ..then market appears...strange is not it..i have gone mad since last 2-3 days tryin to fix this problem but no luck...

cheers

Guest Berthur

My earspeaker went wrong after using this ROM for a week.

Now I can't hear anything through it even using other/official ROM.

Did anyone encounter the same problem or is it just me?

Guest twrock

in fact i have tried flashin 2.1 , 2.2 and 2.3 custom roms but all have same market app missing or not working problem...

but when i update the older 1.5 official rom frm t-mobile or official 2,1 t-mobile rom ..then market appears...strange is not it..i have gone mad since last 2-3 days tryin to fix this problem but no luck...

cheers

Have a look here and see if that helps:

Guest twrock

no havent changed anything about a2sd forks fine for me..

Hmm, I can't get cache to move to SD. Strange.

I just reflashed the version linked in the first post which does work for me (at least cachesd does work for me with that version). I don't know what's going on. I did notice that the "installbusybox" script file was not included in your version. Is busybox being installed via some other method?

Am I correct that swap is not enabled in this kernel? Or is that another problem only I am having?

In any case, I really hope that Tom (or someone) can get the camera working. CM7 has got a lot of nice features. I'll run it for a little while to see about battery life.

Guest mustafa_ale

Great!!

Reallly love this Rom, more stable and faster except camera sure..

my pulse configure :

-change adw launcher using launcher pro

-CPU setting :

available governour : perfromance

MIN CPU : 320 MHz

MAX CPU : 710 Mhz, more than 710 ( keep rebooting my pulse)

-Comcahce Disable

-Use Jit

-Allow Purging of assets

-VM Heap 24m

Benchmark :

Neocore :29.6

Quadrant :533

any one got more result than for that score ?

This Rom include Darktremor A2SD so, file/system is bigger than original cynogen Mod,

if u want need big space file/system, install the original cynogen 7 from this link http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=u8220, this ROM has 7 MB free file system.

no need to modify gapss just install the gapps u will find market there.

But if u want still using this ROM u need modified this ROM and gapss. like what Twrock said

Using ClockWork:

1. wipe data factory reset

2. wipe cache partition

3. format system !!!!(Partition Menu-format system) (its important, coz some times i'm forgot this step!!,so so many file app still on system )

4. Install this ROM (update_CM_7.1_RC1_u8220.zip)

5. Modify ur ROM

here u can to do for modify the ROM (update_CM_7.1_RC1_u8220.zip)

using Root Explorer:

-Delete file /system/media/bootanimation.zip (1.7 MB) will delete animation CM7 splash screen

-Delete file/system/App/QuickSearchbox.apk (641 KB), u can install it manually

6. restart goto CW, wipe data factory reset

7. before installing gapps u need modify the gapps

Modify for gapps (gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip) :

using Root Explorer:

-. Delete file /system/App/carHomeGoogle.apk (305 KB) i dont know for what this app

-. Delete file/system/App/Booksphone.apk (1.1 MB), i dont for what

8. restart goto CW, wipe data factory reset

ok just try this way, working on my pulse (UK update 2011), sorry for my english

Guest dtox125

Hmm, I can't get cache to move to SD. Strange.

I just reflashed the version linked in the first post which does work for me (at least cachesd does work for me with that version). I don't know what's going on. I did notice that the "installbusybox" script file was not included in your version. Is busybox being installed via some other method?

Am I correct that swap is not enabled in this kernel? Or is that another problem only I am having?

In any case, I really hope that Tom (or someone) can get the camera working. CM7 has got a lot of nice features. I'll run it for a little while to see about battery life.

i dont know about cache not moveing had no problems. busy box should be there as i can remember but cant check couse my pulse broke, touch screan doesnt work..