Where can I order one TODAY for under £200?

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest Banner

QUOTE(Sergey Seleznev @ Jul 9 2011, 18:07) In Greece €189

http://www.easytechnology.gr/index.php?mai...amp;language=en

did you try to order there? shipping to germany will bei 11 euro. so a total of 201€. good pricie. is it a reliable store?

Almost ordered one then realised its not in stock there either!

Now thinking of waiting for the Huawei Glory, as it looks like Jacobs having problems porting CM7 to the u8800

Guest Schejtan

Almost ordered one then realised its not in stock there either!

Now thinking of waiting for the Huawei Glory, as it looks like Jacobs having problems porting CM7 to the u8800

postponing is no solution :blink:

Guest Banner

postponing is no solution :blink:

well it aint outa choice.

Huawei sent me a mention on twitter to let me know its back in stock at CPW, so I rang them up with my order number from last week.

The bloody numpty said yes its in stock then said its £117!!

Shock!!

So I asked him to make sure its the correct phone.....he confirmed it wasn't but told me he'd taken payment for it anyway then just chucked me through to customer services.

The quite helpful dude in customer services advised me that all orders had been cancelled and that I'd be refunded AND that the phone is actually out of stock!

Guest Bibbly

well it aint outa choice.

Huawei sent me a mention on twitter to let me know its back in stock at CPW, so I rang them up with my order number from last week.

The bloody numpty said yes its in stock then said its £117!!

Shock!!

So I asked him to make sure its the correct phone.....he confirmed it wasn't but told me he'd taken payment for it anyway then just chucked me through to customer services.

The quite helpful dude in customer services advised me that all orders had been cancelled and that I'd be refunded AND that the phone is actually out of stock!

The product page on CPW says in stock again, at £173.95. Who knows if it is with Car Phone Airheads?

If it was in stock at £117 I would order right now but I have decided not to try at £173.95. It sounds a nice phone but there have been a few tempting offers around, though admittedly not as cheap, for better spec phones and I think the trend for Android phone prices is, in real terms, downwards and so I will wait.

Edited by Bibbly

Guest Banner

Just ordered from CPW @ £173, let´s see how it goes the order.

well when I rang up yesterday they said it was out of stock.

I'll give em a quick ring in a minute

Hopefully you'll get yours Kajolas

well just went onto the website to get the number and it says out of stock on the website :-(

fingers crossed kajolas

Edited by Banner

Guest Banner

Well at least i got an sms with the tracking code, maybe tomorow i already have the mobile :)

oh wow thats more than I got.

fingers crossed for you man, I'm holding off to what Flibblesan says about the Skate :-)

Guest That-Guy

got it :)

Hope they have more stock as soon is possible, is a wonderfull phone with big specs for the price.

Glad you got it, I can recommend FLB Custom ROM if you are looking for stability :)

Guest Banner

That's awesome hope you get it :-)

looks like I'll be more successful this time - got a text with a tracking ref and email saying its on the way to the store!!

I'm sooo excited and I just cannot hide it ...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thelongmile

Sorry for the bump but I am too trying to get this phone, it seems to be a solid little device with little to compete with it for the price. I know the X6 is coming but it's simply going to be more expensive and I really don't want to go above what this phone costs.

Does anyone know anywhere who has this in stock that isn't trying to charge an arm and a leg for it

Guest urbanbumpkin

I'm in the same boat in trying to get one.

I have heard a rumour that Huawei have stopped production of the U8800 x5 pending the release of the Titan X6 pro which is due in September.

Guest JasonLeeming

I'm in the same boat in trying to get one.

I have heard a rumour that Huawei have stopped production of the U8800 x5 pending the release of the Titan X6 pro which is due in September.

Super E-Trader did tell me via e-mail that they won't be restocking the Ideos X5 because the Huawei Titan Pro is due out in September, but I can't find ANYTHING out about this phone.

Edited by JasonLeeming

Guest McSpoon

Super E-Trader did tell me via e-mail that they won't be restocking the Ideos X6 because the Huawei Titan Pro is due out in September, but I can't find ANYTHING out about this phone.

There is a U8800Pro.xml UAProfile which gives some basic info. A quick comparison against the standard U8800.xml shows the Pro has Android 2.2.2 and Bluetooth 2.1 whereas the previous U8800 had Android 2.2.1 and Bluetooth 2.0. It just seems to be a minor ROM upgrade as far as I can tell.

Guest JasonLeeming

There is a U8800Pro.xml UAProfile which gives some basic info. A quick comparison against the standard U8800.xml shows the Pro has Android 2.2.2 and Bluetooth 2.1 whereas the previous U8800 had Android 2.2.1 and Bluetooth 2.0. It just seems to be a minor ROM upgrade as far as I can tell.

If it's just a minor ROM upgrade that will be a shame.

Guest Pelemane

I found this but there is nothing useful. Just user manuals and "Declaration of Conformity", which says that it is called u8800+ too.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/technicaIndex.do?method=gotoProductSupport&productId=3780

Edited by Pelemane