Gingerbread Goodies [updated 12/08/11] with essential POLL

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guest k0zmic

Oh, okay. Extract the framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk from my .zip for starters. Then go into the kitchen and Tick the Use Mod for the battery and create. But I think you will lose the network notification on the signal bar.

Regarding the network notification on the signal bar You might be able to use APKTool to decompile the framework-res.apk and try fiddle with it to try add the network notification but I don't know much about that stuff.

Guest jesuita

Whats the best addon/theme to make the notification bar look more like CM7? ie battery percentage (thin circle mode!!) and not so transparent notification windows.

Thanks!!

Guest k0zmic
Whats the best addon/theme to make the notification bar look more like CM7? ie battery percentage (thin circle mode!!) and not so transparent notification windows.

Thanks!!

Try my solid notification bar with the circle battery. Not sure if it's the thin one though.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest wbaw
Oh, okay. Extract the framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk from my .zip for starters. Then go into the kitchen and Tick the Use Mod for the battery and create. But I think you will lose the network notification on the signal bar.

Regarding the network notification on the signal bar You might be able to use APKTool to decompile the framework-res.apk and try fiddle with it to try add the network notification but I don't know much about that stuff.

The setting for the mobile network 'h' icon is in systemUI.apk

Guest wbaw

Thanks!!

Why not just use CM7?

Guest ShahinTehShiz
Attached:

Circle Battery mod only for wbaw's gsf10b. Nothing extra added nothing taken away.

Colours:

Green 100 - 50%

Yellow 49 - 30%

Orange 29 - 15%

Red 14 - 0 %

Psi

Any screenshots on the battery mod?

Thanks

Guest jesuita
Why not just use CM7?

Giving a go to your rom.. its fast, stable, dunno about battery etc.. just trying new things on the phone..

The only thing i reallydont like is the huge transparency in the notification window, but thats just me, im a weirdo :)

Guest rockstarszzzz
Giving a go to your rom.. its fast, stable, dunno about battery etc.. just trying new things on the phone..

The only thing i reallydont like is the huge transparency in the notification window, but thats just me, im a weirdo :rolleyes:

You can replace transparency VERY easily.

Get kozmic's stock notification bar from first post.

Best thing about wbaw's massive hard work is he is made a leaked ROM so good that it's like a very stable ROM that can serve almost 99.9% weirdos :)

Guest pmmct
You can replace transparency VERY easily.

Get kozmic's stock notification bar from first post.

Best thing about wbaw's massive hard work is he is made a leaked ROM so good that it's like a very stable ROM that can serve almost 99.9% weirdos :)

Jus in case my opinion matters to anyone, I will say it once more: GSF is better than CM, hands down.

@rockstarszzzz, just upgraded to b11, and I like the benefits of having it. What would I loose from installing your theme?

If you send me the changes you made on UOT, I'll cook one myself mate. :rolleyes:

P.S.- btw mate, your theme set the time before display goes to sleep at... nothing?! After I flash it, I had to press power button to get the phone to sleep. :rolleyes: Just a heads up.

Edited by pmmct

Guest rockstarszzzz
Jus in case my opinion matters to anyone, I will say it once more: GSF is better than CM, hands down.

@rockstarszzzz, just upgraded to b11, and I like the benefits of having it. What would I loose from installing your theme?

If you send me the changes you made on UOT, I'll cook one myself mate. :rolleyes:

P.S.- btw mate, your theme set the time before display goes to sleep at... nothing?! After I flash it, I had to press power button to get the phone to sleep. :rolleyes: Just a heads up.

I don't think you will lose anything at all while installing theme to B11. wbaw has made little tweaks. It will only change the way it looks :)

I think it's reseting it to nothing, but you can go to settings, display, screen timeout and then set it to what you want right? Or does it disable that too? ;)

Guest ShahinTehShiz
Hello just install gsf-blade-b11b with no problems.

Is there a Battery Circle mod for gsf-blade-b11b ?

Thank you

+1 Would like to know this too

Guest rockstarszzzz
+1 Would like to know this too

Previous circle battery mods should *ideally* work fine with B11. There is no major change. Give it a go. If it doesn't work, you can always flash you B11 on top of it and get it back to where you left!

Sorry can't test as I am still on B10, haven't gone on B11.

Guest jesuita

Installed GSF B11 and the addon Andw77's Combo Mod from the 1st page and it gives: Thin Circle Battery Mod (yay weirdo happy) and Stock notification (no transparency whohoo)

Just missing Chess tbh.. :blink:

Guest hafhaf

Trying to install redlake theme together with extra powemenu buttons and the Phone reboots when pushing the powerbutton. Any ideas?

Using gsf10

Edited by hafhaf

Guest ShahinTehShiz

I can confirm that KingSizeX's Green Circle Battery Mod" Works on B9/10/11 (all the ROMS I've tried) Great work!

Guest pmmct
I don't think you will lose anything at all while installing theme to B11. wbaw has made little tweaks. It will only change the way it looks :blink:

I think it's reseting it to nothing, but you can go to settings, display, screen timeout and then set it to what you want right? Or does it disable that too? :)

Nah mate, that's not disabled, but it took me a while to figure what the heck was happening! :P

I will put your theme on again tomorrow... now, I'm just enjoying how long the battery lasts! :D

P.S. - Still don't have a clue on how to cook a theme on UOT... care to PM me with some help? eheheh :huh:

Guest rockstarszzzz
Nah mate, that's not disabled, but it took me a while to figure what the heck was happening! :)

I will put your theme on again tomorrow... now, I'm just enjoying how long the battery lasts! :D

P.S. - Still don't have a clue on how to cook a theme on UOT... care to PM me with some help? eheheh :blink:

Ok check you PM in 21.7 seconds :huh:

So did you sort it out finally or not?

And any less than 7 days of batter - don't report! :P

Guest pmmct
Ok check you PM in 21.7 seconds :blink:

And any less than 7 days of batter - don't report! :)

Yes I did.

Nah... I'm just happy I haven't plugged it to the charger in two full days! :P

Going to check the PM! :huh: thanks in advance!

Guest ShahinTehShiz
Ok check you PM in 21.7 seconds :blink:

And any less than 7 days of batter - don't report! :huh:

Why do I get the feeling you're joking about the 7days of battery? I get roughly a good days usage (18 hours) while using Wi-fi at home, Data, playing games, which is FAR better than what I used to get with SS RLS5

Guest rockstarszzzz
Why do I get the feeling you're joking about the 7days of battery? I get roughly a good days usage (18 hours) while using Wi-fi at home, Data, playing games, which is FAR better than what I used to get with SS RLS5

Yes, it absolutely a joke. The highest battery I've seen was 5 days and 7 hours on GSFB9 or B10 in GSF thread. So I keep asking other to show 7 days usage else to say how good the battery is :blink:

I get 28-38 hours with ordinary use - with wifi, gps and mobile data sync. But it also depends on how many voice calls are made etc.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Yes, it absolutely a joke. The highest battery I've seen was 5 days and 7 hours on GSFB9 or B10 in GSF thread. So I keep asking other to show 7 days usage else to say how good the battery is :blink:

I get 28-38 hours with ordinary use - with wifi, gps and mobile data sync. But it also depends on how many voice calls are made etc.