Gingerbread Goodies [updated 12/08/11] with essential POLL

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guest Chris Banks
It works fine for me, have you made sure you've set the correct permissions on .apk?

Got it cheers, slipped up on the permissions. Makes the app chooser a lot better to use. I would recommend it to all.

Guest k0zmic
Got it cheers, slipped up on the permissions. Makes the app chooser a lot better to use. I would recommend it to all.

Agree, it should be in every Android ROM.

Guest rockstarszzzz
Nice thread! :rolleyes:

I would suggest that the mods here posted state if they're going to change any "critical" file (i.e. you could put a "!framework" or "B7framework")

Once again, great idea, mate! Was about to create one myself... it was becoming chaotic! :rolleyes:

I think most of the 'add-ons' change the framework - I am sure about wbaw's addons. But not very sure about the others as the authors/creators of add-ons have provided limited details when posting the links. I will look forward to get some feedback from those users who have tried it before :)

ps: It was getting very chaotic especially after wbaw's b5 - things picked up real quick!

Guest rockstarszzzz
I think if someone would be able to incorporate something like this to group the widget picker it would be great. The method given doesnt seem to work for me.

EDIT: Works fine, would recommend to all who want a cleaner widget menu.

Thanks for pointing this out - it's now if first post :)

Guest rockstarszzzz
Task manager addon.

Thanks for that - could you let us know if it changes anything in framework at all? also any screen shots? :)

Guest XpressAndy
I think most of the 'add-ons' change the framework - I am sure about wbaw's addons. But not very sure about the others as the authors/creators of add-ons have provided limited details when posting the links. I will look forward to get some feedback from those users who have tried it before :)

ps: It was getting very chaotic especially after wbaw's b5 - things picked up real quick!

Hey if I flash SteelBlue theme on wbaw's ROM, would I loose any features or functionality or bug fixes as it overwrites framework file?

I thought it just replaces the icons and images!

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hey if I flash SteelBlue theme on wbaw's ROM, would I loose any features or functionality or bug fixes as it overwrites framework file?

I thought it just replaces the icons and images!

I think SteelBlue replaces framework and there is some modification involved. Ideally I would try it before I want to flash an upgrade. If it goes wrong, you are anyways going to upgrade your rom! I think Steelblue is based on b7 framework, so unless wbaw made massive changes to framework, it should work. The major tweaks are related to GPS accuracy in b8,b9. So if you loose your GPS after this, you know why. Just revert back :)

I think SteelBlue replaces framework and there is some modification involved. Ideally I would try it before I want to flash an upgrade. If it goes wrong, you are anyways going to upgrade your rom! I think Steelblue is based on b7 framework, so unless wbaw made massive changes to framework, it should work. The major tweaks are related to GPS accuracy in b8,b9. So if you loose your GPS after this, you know why. Just revert back :rolleyes:

I have wbaw's ROM and I've flashed SteelBlue, the complete theme and after that just the status bar icons and battery, and lost the internet access, not quite sure why :rolleyes:

With the stock ROM, without any theme, everything works ok... Go figure :)

Guest k0zmic

The themes should only replace framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk I think and shouldn't impact anything else other than appearance.

The themes should only replace framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk I think and shouldn't impact anything else other than appearance.

I know, that's why I think this is really weird... Not even with a clear cache/Dalvik cache it worked. I had to reflash the ROM again and voilá, everything back to normal...

Guest k0zmic
I know, that's why I think this is really weird... Not even with a clear cache/Dalvik cache it worked. I had to reflash the ROM again and voilá, everything back to normal...

Yeah that is odd. I'll have a look in the file and see if there's anything weird.

Update: It looks fine I don't have a clue why it caused problems.

Edited by k0zmic

You got the link wrong... it just redirects to the modaco front page

ZTE Dialler, Engineering Mode, Messaging & contacts addon

This will break native SIP internet calling & Facebook sync. You need to wipe data/factory reset when installing this addon

Download: gsf-blade-ztedialler.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 2.71mb

MD5: 5146d4d932ff493e829354c56949adbf

System space required: 4mb

Guest rockstarszzzz
Same here. All modaco links redirect to main page. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys - not my fault!

I tried to link it to the actual posts - I think I've have to find another way to get those links here -gimme few minutes :)

Guest rockstarszzzz

ALL links fixed - mirrored most stuff so that non-functioning forum features don't stop you from downloading! :)

Guest rockstarszzzz
Thanks.

Can someone put screen of taskmanager?

Either no one is using taskmanager (do we really need it on GSF anyway? :) )

OR

They don't want to share the screenshot! If you are planning to use it- just go for it and share the screen shot please :rolleyes:

Guest Yuccaman
Either no one is using taskmanager (do we really need it on GSF anyway? :) )

OR

They don't want to share the screenshot! If you are planning to use it- just go for it and share the screen shot please :rolleyes:

Task manager installed here (I quite like having one just in case).... Also installed Shootme just to grab the following:)

post-838627-1309539882_thumb.jpg

Only just got GSF installed and been busying removing stuff I don't want and getting everything else installed.....

Any idea if KonstaT or Redflakes themes will be updated to include the b9 framework-res and SystemUI files ?

Not sure what I'll lose if I flash the current ones....

Guest rockstarszzzz
Task manager installed here (I quite like having one just in case).... Also installed Shootme just to grab the following:)

post-838627-1309539882_thumb.jpg

Only just got GSF installed and been busying removing stuff I don't want and getting everything else installed.....

Any idea if KonstaT or Redflakes themes will be updated to include the b9 framework-res and SystemUI files ?

Not sure what I'll lose if I flash the current ones....

Thanks a lot for the screenshot - updated in post 1 now :)

I think there was an update after b8, not very sure. However, requesting it might help :rolleyes: The thing with GSF is by the time they get b9-compatible themes out, wbaw might probably get b10 released! it's moving very fast.

Guest Yuccaman
I think there was an update after b8, not very sure. However, requesting it might help :) The thing with GSF is by the time they get b9-compatible themes out, wbaw might probably get b10 released! it's moving very fast.

Yep, might wait for things to settle down a bit.... main reason for the upgrade is to get a circle battery mod, but I can live without it for a while.

Good job centralizing all of the mods though - It appears GSF is gonna be very popular for the moment.....