Gingerbread Goodies [updated 12/08/11] with essential POLL

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guest gtse

Nice work!! :)

colosettings worked fine, although PowerMenu_Stock_AddonCRTCircleBattery didn't work, had to reflash the ROM (Stir fry b9)

Could there be a mod for thin circle battery?

Guest rockstarszzzz
Yep, might wait for things to settle down a bit.... main reason for the upgrade is to get a circle battery mod, but I can live without it for a while.

Good job centralizing all of the mods though - It appears GSF is gonna be very popular for the moment.....

Yeah centralizing makes it a lot easier to find all add-ons and it's easy to read too! :) Plus answers all those 'can you add this, can you add that?' sort of repetitive questions in actual thread when users don't read the forum or search for what they want!

Guest rockstarszzzz
Nice work!! :)

colosettings worked fine, although PowerMenu_Stock_AddonCRTCircleBattery didn't work, had to reflash the ROM (Stir fry b9)

Could there be a mod for thin circle battery?

I will update that in first post, so users of b9 are aware about it - thanks for testing it for all of us :rolleyes: However, which power menu mod did you try? There are 3-4 different combinations of power menu and CRT animation, may be other ones might work?

Some of these mods were used in early betas when the framework was lot different than current b9. They were used successfully with GSF, Diet GSF and Blue GSF - but they were based on old framework and this could probably be the reason it din't work for you. Sorry about that mate!

Isn't one of the mod already with 'thin' circle battery?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest gtse

I will update that in first post, so users of b9 are aware about it - thanks for testing it for all of us ;) However, which power menu mod did you try? There are 3-4 different combinations of power menu and CRT animation, may be other ones might work?

Some of these mods were used in early betas when the framework was lot different than current b9. They were used successfully with GSF, Diet GSF and Blue GSF - but they were based on old framework and this could probably be the reason it din't work for you. Sorry about that mate!

Isn't one of the mod already with 'thin' circle battery?

It was this one:

*Circle Battery with extra optins for Power Menu (with CRT Animation)

md5: 268917182294D9C25B0ED3E8EC5A9691

http://www.multiupload.com/BOEQA1XGL0

I've installed KonstaT's Circle_Battery_CRT_H_icon for the moment and works, I ll try some of the rest and post.

The icons seem a bit 'fat" circles though.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest rockstarszzzz
It was this one:

*Circle Battery with extra optins for Power Menu (with CRT Animation)

md5: 268917182294D9C25B0ED3E8EC5A9691

http://www.multiupload.com/BOEQA1XGL0

I've installed KonstaT's Circle_Battery_CRT_H_icon for the moment and works, I ll try some of the rest and post.

The icons seem a bit 'fat" circles though.. :rolleyes: :)

Thanks a lot for that! - Let me know if KonstaT's one is THE one :rolleyes:

Guest rockstarszzzz
I can confirm it doesn't work.

the power button just restarts the phone.

Thanks for confirming that. I have edited first post with a note now.

Guest gtse

I also had problem with Baggypipes - Circle Battery Mod. Again on GSF B9. Phone doesn't boot.

(I suspect Uot Kitchen has compatibility issues with B9)

I'm looking for a combination of extra options for Power Menu and thin circle either on the same or different packets.

If anyone could prepare something like that I would be happy to test and feedback.. :)

edit:

Thanks a lot for that! - Let me know if KonstaT's one is THE one wink.gif

KonstaT's Theme (Circle_Battery_CRT_H_icon.zip) is the only one that worked for me for the moment.

The only "bug" is that the tiny icon ('H'/'G') above the signal strength bars (not the one above the traffic arrows) dissapears.

Konsta T -Circle battery mod didn't work

edit 2:

At GSF topic http://android.modaco.com/content-page/342...-fry/page/1280/ post #1282

I found this: http://www.multiupload.com/GHFNTM7XVH md5: 85A2F04489102CCBED34A4035B0D0D4E

which works.

AND IS THIN!!

Yeah!! ;)

It troubled me that wbaw says the circle mod drains battery (#1260 on same topic).. but I'm happy for the moment! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by gtse

Guest hetz
post-689962-1309429790_thumb.png

Wbaw - ZTE Dialler, Engineering Mode, Messaging & contacts addon

This will break native SIP internet calling & Facebook sync. You need to wipe data/factory reset when installing this addon

Download size: 2.71mb

MD5: 5146d4d932ff493e829354c56949adbf

System space required: 4mb

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1340715894/g...-ztedialler.zip

http://www.fileserve.com/file/kYJBAUy/gsf-...-ztedialler.zip

http://hotfile.com/dl/122715369/03670e3/gs...ialler.zip.html

If I install this ZTE Dialer addon will it support call recording?

I heard it does, can someone confirm this?

Thanks.

Guest k0zmic
If I install this ZTE Dialer addon will it support call recording?

I heard it does, can someone confirm this?

Thanks.

That's correct.

Guest eucurto
edit 2:

At GSF topic http://android.modaco.com/content-page/342...-fry/page/1280/ post #1282

I found this: http://www.multiupload.com/GHFNTM7XVH md5: 85A2F04489102CCBED34A4035B0D0D4E

which works.

AND IS THIN!!

Yeah!! ;)

It troubled me that wbaw says the circle mod drains battery (#1260 on same topic).. but I'm happy for the moment! :rolleyes: :)

PERFECT!! It keeps the H icon!!

i have found the perfect wednesday rom! :rolleyes:

Guest rockstarszzzz
PERFECT!! It keeps the H icon!!

i have found the perfect wednesday rom! :)

Chance of any screenshots later on? :rolleyes:

Guest dibbles
I also had problem with Baggypipes - Circle Battery Mod. Again on GSF B9. Phone doesn't boot.

(big edit)

It troubled me that wbaw says the circle mod drains battery (#1260 on same topic).. but I'm happy for the moment! :rolleyes: :)

I thought that wbaw was referring to this...

QUOTE(asm19 @ Jul 2 2011, 11:02) *

Hi, wbaw you could implement the power widget in bar notifications please? This is a weakness of this rom, and that makes a lot missing.

Thanks

in other words the power widget type bar which drains the battery and not the circle battery mod....?

Edited by dibbles

Guest gtse
I thought that wbaw was referring to this...

in other words the power widget type bar which drains the battery and not the circle battery mod....?

whoops.. yeap, you're right.. nice :)

Guest rockstarszzzz

Updated more add-ons and mods.

13 add-ons

11 mods

6 themes

Keep them coming, keep using them, keep the feedback flowing in :)

Guest k0zmic

Not really a theme but the attached file contains the necessary files for a stock notification bar. I added them before I flashed the ROM.

The .zip is not flashable

/system/framework is where the framework-res.apk goes

/system/app is where systemui.apk goes.

You might be able to push them via Root Explorer or ES File Explorer.

Originial_Notification_Bar.zip

Edited by k0zmic

Guest rockstarszzzz
@rockstarszzzz

you are doing a great job with the creation and maintaining of this excellent thread.

Thanks for the appreciation :) Dreaming of the day when contributions in development will pace so much that I fail to update the thread :rolleyes:

Guest rockstarszzzz
Not really a theme but the attached file contains the necessary files for a stock notification bar. I added them before I flashed the ROM.

Thanks a lot for that k0zmic - this will be really handy when someone wants to toggle around with different styles :)

Ps: any chance of screenshot later on?

Guest k0zmic

Gingerbread-notification-tray.png

It's just the stock, plain notification bar without any changes.

If anyone wants to make it into a .zip that's flashable feel free to do so.

Guest appolus

hey man thx very much for ur work. i am wondering how do i put in the mobile? do i use root explorer and copy them over the existing files?

Guest rockstarszzzz
hey man thx very much for ur work. i am wondering how do i put in the mobile? do i use root explorer and copy them over the existing files?

You just replace those 2 files in the locations that k0zmic posted.

You can use root explorer :)

Guest rockstarszzzz
Gingerbread-notification-tray.png

It's just the stock, plain notification bar without any changes.

If anyone wants to make it into a .zip that's flashable feel free to do so.

Thanks a bunch for that screenshot

I just realised, this changes 2 files - what do we loose from b9 if we use it? Or we don't loose anything but just the looks? i.e. new theme for status bar.

Guest k0zmic
Thanks a bunch for that screenshot

I just realised, this changes 2 files - what do we loose from b9 if we use it? Or we don't loose anything but just the looks? i.e. new theme for status bar.

You lose nothing, just changes the look for the notification bar since I didn't like the transparent one, it didn't look very cohesive IMO.