Gingerbread Goodies [updated 12/08/11] with essential POLL

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guest appolus
You just replace those 2 files in the locations that k0zmic posted.

You can use root explorer :)

i think i did something bad :S i download es file explorer and installed the two files and now the notificaiton bar is gone...

how can i fix it? someone help plz?

Edited by appolus

Guest k0zmic
i think i did something bad :S i download es file explorer and installed the two files and now the notificaiton bar is gone...

how can i fix it? someone help plz?

Check the permissions are correct they should be:

User: Read And Write

Group: Read

Other: Read.

Reboot.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest appolus
Check the permissions are correct they should be:

User: Read And Write

Group: Read

Other: Read.

Reboot.

thx i rebooted and now its back but i still cant copy over both of the files i get system.ui copy failed in es fileexplorer

where can i find the permissions mate?

Edited by appolus

Guest rockstarszzzz
thx i rebooted and now its back but i still cant copy over both of the files i get system.ui copy failed in es fileexplorer

where can i find the permissions mate?

permissions can be seen by long press (for individual files). Also there is greyish box on top (if you want to change permission of whole folder) - if you are using root explorer.

Go to system folder: On top click on Mount R/W -> it will change to Mount R/O : This means you have given Read and Write permission to system folder, allowing you to copy stuff.

Then copy files over to their correct places. Long press will let you edit the file permissions as suggested earlier.

However while trying to move framework file, something horrible happened to my handset. Black screen!

No buttons causes any response.

After that I switched off the screen and switched it back on - and now whatever I press on screen, whatever app/settings/icon I press, write something long and force closes! Can't open anything at all.

I will reboot to see if I re-flash the ROM to fix this issue.

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest appolus

ahh i had fc and now the phone is badword up :/ i think ill wait for an flashable method via clockwork or something i had to install the rom all over again

thx anyway for the help mate

if anyone have time to make it flashable i would appreciate that

Edited by appolus

Guest rockstarszzzz
ahh i had fc and now the phone is badword up :/ i think ill wait for an flashable method via clockwork or something i had to install the rom all over again

+1 same with me.

Re-flashing the ROM now!

Guest k0zmic

Do those who had force closes, I think the best method as of now is to place the files I provided in the ROM before flashing in the directories listed by dragging them into the directories. Then just flash the ROM as you would, it's what I did and it's fine.

Apologies the root explorer way didn't work.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest rockstarszzzz
ADDON

Just a small flashable zip to remove the CRT Animation from GSF B9. Made myself.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest appolus
Do those who had force closes, I think the best method as of now is to place the files I provided in the ROM before flashing in the directories listed by dragging them into the directories. Then just flash the ROM as you would, it's what I did and it's fine.

Apologies the root explorer way didn't work.

no problem we all make mistakes :)

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Thanks a lot!

I've been looking for one for ages, so I investigated how you enable it on the stock Nexus S, and just did the reverse. I hope you enjoy it! :) Please tell me if there are any bugs.

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Flashable .zip for Notification Bar, I haven't tested since I already have it on my ROM.

I wanted to say thanks for this, as I used your framework-res as the base for my addon :) I also used the stock notification bar on my ROM

Guest rockstarszzzz
I've been looking for one for ages, so I investigated how you enable it on the stock Nexus S, and just did the reverse. I hope you enjoy it! :) Please tell me if there are any bugs.

I will provide you feedback soon on it, however how do we get the original back? :rolleyes: In case, someone wants to revert to CRT. This might mean re-flashing the ROM right?

Guest rockstarszzzz
Flashable .zip for Notification Bar, I haven't tested since I already have it on my ROM.

I will test this flashable, once my titanium back up finishes restoring the ROM :)

I am sure this will work :rolleyes: Thanks a lot!

Guest k0zmic
I will test this flashable, once my titanium back up finishes restoring the ROM :)

I am sure this will work :rolleyes: Thanks a lot!

I hope so, nandroid first though just in case.

Guest k0zmic
I wanted to say thanks for this, as I used your framework-res as the base for my addon :) I also used the stock notification bar on my ROM

Glad it came in useful, for me the notification bar was the only thing that stopped B9 being perfect.

Guest Matthew Ferguson
I will provide you feedback soon on it, however how do we get the original back? :) In case, someone wants to revert to CRT. This might mean re-flashing the ROM right?

If you give me two minutes I'll create an anti-patch

EDIT: ADDON: Patch to ReAdd CRT Animation

ReAddCRT.zip

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Guest appolus

thanks! install via clockwork right? dont need to wipe?

anyone tried it? is it working?

Guest rockstarszzzz
If you give me two minutes I'll create an anti-patch

Ok flashed your .zip - and it works!

One immediate change I noticed was app drawer launching and scrolling showed a little lag than usual.

However strange thing in recovery mode it said - welcome to 'Swedish Spring' during the flash :)

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Ok flashed your .zip - and it works!

One immediate change I noticed was app drawer launching and scrolling showed a little lag than usual.

However strange thing in recovery mode it said - welcome to 'Swedish Spring' during the flash :rolleyes:

I know, I used KK's META-INF to create a flasher :rolleyes:

NOTE: CRT-READDER IS IN EARLIER POST :)

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Guest k0zmic

Yeah via CWM. No need to wipe, but just wipe Dalvik Cache/Cache in case.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Don't need to wipe anything. Just install as normal mod via clockwork.

I have just flashed it - it works a charm! :)

Guest rockstarszzzz
I know, I used KK's META-INF to create a flasher :rolleyes:

NOTE: CRT-READDER IS IN EARLIER POST :)

Haha funny thing just occured!

I flashed your add on to remove CRT and it worked.

Rebooted

I flashed k0zmic's add on to get stock notification bar and it worked.

But when locked the screen CRT is back! :rolleyes:

I think both are making their own changes and hence removing the other's change.

I will try to flash and remove CRT now that I have changed notification bar ..