Gingerbread Goodies [updated 12/08/11] with essential POLL

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Haha funny thing just occured!

I flashed your add on to remove CRT and it worked.

Rebooted

I flashed k0zmic's add on to get stock notification bar and it worked.

But when locked the screen CRT is back! :rolleyes:

I think both are making their own changes and hence removing the other's change.

I will try to flash and remove CRT now that I have changed notification bar ..

You need to flash the CRT remover after any other flash that changes the framework-res. Since the notification bar changer does this, you need to flash my patch last :)

Guest rockstarszzzz
You need to flash the CRT remover after any other flash that changes the framework-res. Since the notification bar changer does this, you need to flash my patch last :)

Yeah that seems to have solved it.

Flashed stock notification first and then removal of CRT animation and it worked + the app drawer scrolling is fast as usual now :rolleyes: Thanks a lot guys

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Yeah that seems to have solved it.

Flashed stock notification first and then removal of CRT animation and it worked + the app drawer scrolling is fast as usual now :) Thanks a lot guys

My patch changes a tiny line that only affects the screen animation, so the app-drawer slowness was probably just your device :rolleyes:

Guest andy9876
Flashable .zip for Notification Bar, I haven't tested since I already have it on my ROM.

Thank you very much k0zmic. This works like a charm. I tried to use a circle battery update after installing this and it overwrote your changes. Is there any way to have both your changes and a circle battery update?

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Thank you very much k0zmic. This works like a charm. I tried to use a circle battery update after installing this and it overwrote your changes. Is there any way to have both your changes and a circle battery update?

Look on the first page, there are plenty of battery mods there. If these aren't up to what you want, use UOT.

Guest andy9876
Look on the first page, there are plenty of battery mods there. If these aren't up to what you want, use UOT.

It was one of these I used which overwrote k0zmic's stock notification update. So I assuming they both work on the same area. I do not know what UOT is, could you explain please?

Guest Kuoi

I just installed "BatteryCircle_GSFb9.zip" , but when I'm in notification bar and slide down to view messages or whatever alert there is on , I can't read anything.

Everything is black , I pressume background AND font are black.

Back to "Circle_Battery_CRT_H_icon_Mk2.zip" ... wich don't have Grey icons , so I can't see them very well on the black background.

That's why I wanted some other circle mod , but no luck.

Kuoi

Guest k0zmic
It was one of these I used which overwrote k0zmic's stock notification update. So I assuming they both work on the same area. I do not know what UOT is, could you explain please?

I'm making a circle mod with the stock notification bar.

Download below, flash via recovery. Haven't tested because I don't like the circle.

If someone who uses can upload a screenshot I'll be grateful.

Stock_Notification_with_Circle_Mod.zip

Edited by k0zmic

Guest rockstarszzzz

Download below, flash via recovery. Haven't tested because I don't like the circle.

Flashed it - din't get circle mod. Got the stock notification bar though, but no circles

Guest andy9876

I'm not technical so can't upload a screenshot, but I can confirm that this works. Many thanks k0zmic.

Guest andy9876

k0zmic, does your network notification show "H" level network access? It shows G and 3G

Guest oldfella

-------------

this completes a great ROM - thanks for this

Edited by oldfella

Guest appolus
Wipe Dalik Cache is one of the advanced options in Clockwork Recovery

thanks. is it ok to wipe it? i downloaded the new notification bar, maybe thats needed. i dont lose anything?

Edited by appolus

Guest k0zmic

Yes, it's okay to wipe it. No you won't lose anything. The boot up will take longer just this once as the files are re-created

Guest Yuccaman

Took k0zmic's file (Circle battery Mod with Solid Notification Screen) and made a couple of small changes to suit my purposes.

Replaced the 204 battery files with some from an old Frankish theme so the circle is all green above 30% (Orange between 15% and 30% and Red below 15%).

Also updated the GPS Icon with a file found in an old thread by limawhiskey which simply makes the grey flashing circle when acquiring green instead, which I think is easier to pick out.

Result is below:

Note: Its only been on my phone 30 mins so have NOT tested this using lots of different battery figures. Might have an hour with Plants vs Zombies and see how much battery I can drain :)

I can upload if anyone else wants it, but no credit goes to me as all I did is copy and paste into a zip file. All credit goes to k0zmic !!!

post-838627-1309719413_thumb.jpg

Ok, here's the file:

http://www.multiupload.com/GLGDD64OVJ

MD5: 72dc0aa808a18603fead796ad7f7f08a

Note: All I can say is it works for me. If it doesn't work for you, I doubt I'll be any help in figuring out why - this change is simply a copy and paste to an existing file

Edited by Yuccaman

Guest stephen m
Took k0zmic's file (Circle battery Mod with Solid Notification Screen) and made a couple of small changes to suit my purposes.

Replaced the 204 battery files with some from an old Frankish theme so the circle is all green above 30% (Orange between 15% and 30% and Red below 15%).

Also updated the GPS Icon with a file found in an old thread by limawhiskey which simply makes the grey flashing circle when acquiring green instead, which I think is easier to pick out.

Result is below:

Note: Its only been on my phone 30 mins so have NOT tested this using lots of different battery figures. Might have an hour with Plants vs Zombies and see how much battery I can drain :rolleyes:

I can upload if anyone else wants it, but no credit goes to me as all I did is copy and paste into a zip file. All credit goes to k0zmic !!!

post-838627-1309719413_thumb.jpg

If you would be so kind :)

Edited by stephen m