Gingerbread Goodies [updated 12/08/11] with essential POLL

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guest mi_st
I will take it as positive feedback then :)

So your mods were made with UOT kitchen?

Are there an tricky places?

Can I just use it to make myself my own skin without any problems?

Guest pmmct

@rockstraszzzz

Just to be sure, I've upgraded to GSFb10, and your theme uses thr framework from b9...

Will you be posting a new version of it?

Guest rockstarszzzz
To people who have created themes:

Did you use the UOT kitchen? And if so how did you get it to work as I always seem to get SHTF error when cooking with framework-res and SystemUI uploaded.

Thanks.

Use the stock files. I don't know which ones in particular are you using. But yes I used UOT, don't know about others. Din't get SHTF.

Guest rockstarszzzz
So your mods were made with UOT kitchen?

Are there an tricky places?

Can I just use it to make myself my own skin without any problems?

Yes they are made in UOT. Din't find it tricky at all. However notification bar as said earlier is the grey area. You might get it to work straight off, sometimes you won't. If you leave tweaking that out and make your skin with rest - that will surely go without any hassle.

Guest rockstarszzzz
@rockstraszzzz

Just to be sure, I've upgraded to GSFb10, and your theme uses thr framework from b9...

Will you be posting a new version of it?

Pmmct - b9 and b10 - don't have any framework changes at all. The only wbaw mentioned was in terms of changing the glow image. So all my b9 themes will work on b10 without any hassle :)

Guest dibbles
this idea might work - but not this actual work. I am presuming it's changing framework and CM7 has different frame work. However, since din't make it, probably wrong answer :)

Me scratches head

Are you presuming that the "colour" type menu mod makes changes to the "framework" as I assumed mods like the circle battery mod do but this one doesn't....?

Guest rockstarszzzz
Me scratches head

Are you presuming that the "colour" type menu mod makes changes to the "framework" as I assumed mods like the circle battery mod do but this one doesn't....?

If icons are simply replaced then it might be easier to implement it on CM7

Guest dibbles
If icons are simply replaced then it might be easier to implement it on CM7

I see. :)

I do not see it as making changes to the framework, but I will stand to be corrected.

I do like the "colour" mod display.

Guest rockstarszzzz
I see. :)

I do not see it as making changes to the framework, but I will stand to be corrected.

I do like the "colour" mod display.

I am not very sure either way to be honest. But giving it a second thought it might be just 'coloured' icons in place of original. So I don't see why that can't happen in CM7!

Guest dibbles
I am not very sure either way to be honest. But giving it a second thought it might be just 'coloured' icons in place of original. So I don't see why that can't happen in CM7!

FWIW I did use this on the SS RL5 5. IIRC during install it does refer to Kallt_Kaffe and his Swedish Spring when applying it through CWM.

Edited by dibbles

Guest k0zmic
Would the Widget picker addon, DSP Manager Addon work with GSF B9/10?

Thanks!

Yeah the Widget Picker definitely works. That reminds me I need to install it.

Guest rockstarszzzz
what weather widget you are using in those images:

post-689962-1309716763_thumb.png

post-689962-1309295541_thumb.jpg

The one on top is beautiful widgets.

The second screen shot doesn't come from my phone, so don't know, but 98% it looks like beautiful widgets..

Yes DSP and WidgetPicker works on b9 and b10 :)

Guest pmmct

Widget Picker should work on both b9 and b10, it's kind of independent from version, I think. (also need to reinstall it)

DSP Manager has an alternative, which I'm using. MusicFX! This will only change the sound on the default player, so, it won't do anything if you use winamp, or mobo, or whatever else. Give it a try, it's probably the best thing around for listening to music.

:)

Edited by pmmct

Guest KonstaT
KonstaT's theme

-gingerbread matching green circle battery

-original gingerbread lockscreen charging icons

-notification area with grey background so you can actually see the notifications

-CRT screen off animation

-changed default background

-HSPA differentiation is ON, so you'll finally have H-icon!

*haven't been outside HSDPA zone so I'm not sure if it shows 3G-icon when on UMTS, but definitely has H-icon now!

Had to use gsf-b7 framework-res.apk and gsf-b3 SystemUI.apk. Works with b7, haven't tested with other versions.

Flash with ClockWorkMod.

MD5:BD3B5E6F6408CEE4496685C4BAAE9979

http://www.4shared.com/file/LJxG4qoe/Circl...CRT_H_icon.html (mirrored)

Just tested this with b10 and it works. So it should work with b7-b8-b9-b10. Only thing you'll "lose" is 3G/G icon over signal bar.

There is also my older circle battery mod in the first post. That probably won't work after b3, so could you rockstarszzzz please remove that?

Guest rockstarszzzz
Just tested this with b10 and it works. So it should work with b7-b8-b9-b10. Only thing you'll "lose" is 3G/G icon over signal bar.

There is also my older circle battery mod in the first post. That probably won't work after b3, so could you rockstarszzzz please remove that?

Thanks for letting us know :)

Have edited the first post now.

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Is the status bar / notification bar on the KonstaT theme still transparent? (when it is pulled down, can you still see the homescreen etc?)

Thanks!

Guest psidoc

Attached:

Circle Battery mod only for wbaw's gsf10b. Nothing extra added nothing taken away.

Colours:

Green 100 - 50%

Yellow 49 - 30%

Orange 29 - 15%

Red 14 - 0 %

Psi

batterymodGSF10b.zip

Edited by psidoc

Guest Yuccaman

Just cooked my first theme in the UOT Kitchen and it accepts the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk from B10...

I had thought previous versions of these files were not compatible hence people were using the b4 or b7 file versions.....

Thought this might be useful info for some unless everyone else knows and I'm just behind the times :)

Not gonna post my first attempt as I only tried an alternate battery mod.... Need to figure out how to cook the Solid Notification bar and to be honest, I think that might do me.....

Guest k0zmic
Not gonna post my first attempt as I only tried an alternate battery mod.... Need to figure out how to cook the Solid Notification bar and to be honest, I think that might do me.....

If you want the stock notification bar use mine from 1st post.

Guest Yuccaman
If you want the stock notification bar use mine from 1st post.

What I want to try and do is take the stock files and then mod them in the kitchen to add the solid notification bar and the battery mod, and I expect I'll end up adding a few other things as well....

I know I could take your files and upload those to the kitchedn to get my choice of battery mod, but I think you then loose the Network notification on the signal bar (at least I don't remember seeing it on b9 when I flashed the theme)

About to go back to one of your themes for now k0zmic until I find time to have another go in the kitchen....