[ROM][GEN2] Triple Two Project v5 (Android 2.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest rockstarszzzz

Thanks a lot for this! :)

So it's essentially a Froyo right? What's the advantage over 2.2 as I haven't learnt a lot about Froyos.

Megaupload takes absolute ages to download :rolleyes:

For me it's 97 minutes :I Once I finish downloading I migh try to mirror it.

Anyone used V3yet? Any news on battery and what's working and what's not?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest k0zmic
Thanks a lot for this! :)

So it's essentially a Froyo right? What's the advantage over 2.2 as I haven't learnt a lot about Froyos.

Yep it's a Froyo ROM. None really since Ginger Stir Fry came about, they used to have the best battery life.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest rockstarszzzz
Yep it's a Froyo ROM. None really since Ginger Stir Fry came about, they used to have the best battery life.

what the 2.2.2 all about? Does it improve any functionality or so? It definitely has to be more stable version than leaked gingerbread right? and with more things working normally?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest k0zmic
what the 2.2.2 all about? Does it improve any functionality or so? It definitely has to be more stable version than leaked gingerbread right? and with more things working normally?

Erm, I think it was just a security update or a fix for SMS. Just bug fixes.

In regards to stability it's not definitely more stable than leaked Gingerbread.

Not sure about if there are more things working though.

Guest Jekle

You know the no service thing on the Lockscreen, Instead of Removing it can you show the providers name? I think it's the RIL being used.

Guest KonstaT

Megaupload takes absolute ages to download :)

For me it's 97 minutes :I Once I finish downloading I migh try to mirror it.

Anyone used V3yet? Any news on battery and what's working and what's not?

Yeah, it's essentially Froyo. Nothing major improvements 2.2 -> 2.2.2 I guess. It's just based on the latest froyo we have and it was built a week ago. It also has the new/latest kernel in it. Everything I've tested so far has worked. If something doesn't work, let me know and I'll have a look if something can be done. It has the same old issue with wifi going to sleep when screen is off, but that's with every ROM. I also think that Google Backup to your account isn't working because of the chinese origin.

I've been just testing and flashing this ROM, so it's too early for me to say about stability or battery life. I'm quite sure both are just fine.

It's already mirrored to hotfile in the first post. Those two should work for most of the people.

Guest KonstaT
You know the no service thing on the Lockscreen, Instead of Removing it can you show the providers name? I think it's the RIL being used.

No, I don't think so. I think it would have shown (No service) with any RILs. Don't know what the chinese were trying to do...

Guest k0zmic
I also think that Google Backup to your account isn't working because of the chinese origin.

I think that's right, the Gingerbread leak doesn't have it either but SS did and CM7 does. It might be to do with setupwizard.apk and the GoogleBackupTransport.apk if that's of any help.

Guest hecatae

mine shows the providers name, want a screenshot?

and yes I'm running triple two v3

Edited by hecatae

Guest KonstaT
mine shows the providers name, want a screenshot?

Really? Mine doesn't. I believe you though. :) My provider is Saunalahti and this has Saunalahti RILs, so I have no idea what's up with that then.

edit. Did you change the RILs?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest hecatae
Really? Mine doesn't. I believe you though. :) My provider is Saunalahti and this has Saunalahti RILs, so I have no idea what's up with that then.

edit. Did you change the RILs?

really, states O2-UK

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24543519/snap20110702_203428.png < upside down due to shoot me application, and no did not change rils

Edited by hecatae

Guest tlaci

on Libra?

do the sensors work?

I tried only the kernel from latest China Unicom ROM (P729CUV1.0.0B15) but sensors don't work on my Blade

But there isn't big difference in configs: 2.2 and 2.2.2

Edited by tlaci

Guest hecatae
Just tried putting my T-Mobile UK sim card in my Orange SF and I get T Mobile in the Corner instead of no service. :8

so what sim you have in usually?

Guest Jekle
so what sim you have in usually?

Dont have any in there, exept using ultility warehouse club SIM in ther

e which runs off the t mobile network and i get no service text. Using my Galaxy Ace normally.

Guest KonstaT
delete darktremor A2SD :)

Since you so politely asked. No, I won't. DTA2SD is the one I like and it stays.

P729CUV1.0.0B15-ORIGINAL.zip gen1 or gen2 ???

gen2

Guest KonstaT

These two are fixed and will be included in the next version:

-Google Backup to your account should work

-Google Calendar sync

Then I have a new problem. My ambient light sensor isn't working. It doesn't bother me though since I don't use autobrightness. All the other sensors are working for me. It seems that this new kernel doesn't support all different sensor hardware that different blades might have? How are the sensors for you?

Guest nosse

could you add OC probability, AHB overclock, Notification power wiget, Sd speed increase app and maby some other theme? :) thx and keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

Edited by nosse

Guest KonstaT

Updated to v3b. Small update, no need to wipe coming from v3.

v3b changelog:

-fixed Google Calendar sync

-Google Backup to your account should work

-removed icon duplication (3G/G icon over signal bar)

Guest nosse
could you add OC probability, AHB overclock, Notification power wiget, Sd speed increase app and maby some other theme? :) thx and keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

Other keybord don't work (htc_ime, smart keybord). :rolleyes:

Guest KonstaT

This kernel doesn't support overclocking. If someone builds kernel from latest source with oc support, I might use it. I'm not set up to build at the moment.

I'm not going to add notification powerwidget. I'm not going to add useless apps. You can make themes in UOT kitchen.

Other keybord don't work (htc_ime, smart keybord). :rolleyes:

Just downloaded smart keyboard from market, worked. Usually I'm using scandinavian keyboard, works. Adding kb to /system/app might be problem.