[ROM][GEN2] Triple Two Project v5 (Android 2.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Updated to v3c. Small update, no need to wipe coming from v3 or v3b.

v3c changelog:

-enabled more selectable locales (~25 languages)

This is now pretty much finished work. I've been using this for a few days now and it seems very solid. Battery also performs very well. I know everyones eye is on gingerbread now and I want to go back to that too. :)

Some sensors might fail on different users because of the kernel. I wasn't planning on building a new kernel (with overclock support) to this ROM from the latest source, even though it sure would be nice thing to add.

There is basically one thing I would like to fix if I only knew how. I would like to zipalign and optimize the .apk's. Problem is that this ROM won't boot if there is even one .apk in /system/app with compressed resources.arsc in it. I have no idea what might be the solution here. If anyone knows please PM me, I'd really appreciate your help.

Guest Arthor

Great ROM!

My phone worked for 34 hours! I've been using internet for three years a day, and about 4 hours of music and about 30 min of talks.

That's just great!

Guest Arthor

By the way, Cyrillic tag names are not viewed correctly in standard music player — "Олег Медведев" for example is viewed as "5425452 ;53".

May be you should change id3v2 tags encoding to utf8 or something about it.

Guest sm4tik
Great ROM!

My phone worked for 34 hours! I've been using internet for three years a day, and about 4 hours of music and about 30 min of talks.

That's just great!

Man I just gots to give this ROM a spin! :)

Edited by sm4tik

Guest hecatae

still using v3, when is v4 due?

can we strip the apps down to this:

camera

contacts

email

gallery

market

messaging

file manager

phone

settings

sim toolkit

super user

Edited by hecatae

Guest KonstaT
still using v3, when is v4 due?

can we strip the apps down to this:

camera

contacts

email

gallery

market

messaging

file manager

phone

settings

sim toolkit

super user

I don't know, not until I get some major improvements done. There are still plenty of letters in alphabets left to add behind v3. :)

Yes, you could trim it down if you wanted to. I think I'm going to keep the current apps, imo there is no useless extra junk at the moment. If I could get these .apk's properly compressed&zipaligned, this would be a neat package with a system size of around ~115mb.

Guest solidchips

KonstaT, i'm unable to access android market on chinese ZTE U880 shipped with official 2.2.2. I tried many version of android market, but in vain.

Pls let me know how did you managed to run market on official 2.2.2.

Guest KonstaT

Updated to v4. I managed to decrease the system size for about 15mb by compressing, optimizing and zipaligning the .apk's and trimming some other extra fat. It should run a bit faster now. I also included the new market app.

v4 changelog:

-compressed, optimized & zipaligned the .apk's

-added new market app

-updated maps and terminal emulator to the latest versions

-trimmed more stuff

-system size ~119mb

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, i'm unable to access android market on chinese ZTE U880 shipped with official 2.2.2. I tried many version of android market, but in vain.

Pls let me know how did you managed to run market on official 2.2.2.

It might also need MarketUpdater.apk. Try copying that and Vending.apk from another 2.2 ROM to your ROMs /system/app.

Thank you very much for this ROM!

Of all roms I have tried this is the only one that works on my ZTE-U V880 (China Unicom). ( None of the other roms wakeup my device properly: http://android.modac...th-custom-roms/ ).

It is great to be relieved of all the useless stuff. I hadnt even realised how fast this device could be until i installed your rom!

Regards,

Edited by bb3

Guest Lemolabass

Thanks for this interesting ROM, seems to work very nicely.

Are there any working themes for this one, circle battery etc is much nicer than stock notification bar?

Guest KonstaT

There is no themes for this ROM yet. I might port some simple gingerbread theme with circle battery mod at some point if I have time - no promises though.

Meanwhile you can use UOT kitchen to cook themes:

http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/

Here is also good tutorial on theme editing:

framework-res.apk of this ROM is signed with test key.

Guest KonstaT

I made a gingerbread theme with circle battery mod for this ROM. I used a little bit of UOT kitchen and a lot of Frankish magic. Thanks guys.

Triple-Two-Project-Gingerbread-Theme.zip

http://www.mediafire...z9456j4rk979fmt

MD5:A8982CB8CB8EDD0E2222BBC04B6CF2D4

I can't find a way to attach screenshots with this new board, all I get is error. :(

It's a basic gingerbread theme with green circle battery and transparent notification area. I also changed the system app menu backgrounds to black.

edit. Screenshots in the first post.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Added option for kernel from Telenor Hungary FRY_TELENOR_P729TV1.0.0B05 (Build Thu Jul 7 03:11:49 CST 2011).

Triple-Two-Project-Telenor-Kernel.zip

http://www.mediafire...is46c5ujz5eligd

MD5:AA0C8D9036333C0F4DC1B6DD95E90FBA

Fixes some sensor problems. My ambient light sensor wasn't working with the chinese kernel but it works with this one.

Unsecured, debranded, adb'd and added /bin/userinit.sh support just like the chinese one.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Arthor

Also Cyrillic tags in standard android mucis player are not fixed. What kind of information I could provide you to diagnose and fix that problem?

Guest KonstaT

Should I wipe before upgrading from v3b to v4?

Just wipe cache & dalvik-cache and you should be fine.

Also Cyrillic tags in standard android mucis player are not fixed. What kind of information I could provide you to diagnose and fix that problem?

Cyrillic ID tags are not exactly number one on my list of priorities but I'll look into this at some point.

Guest Nir Z

Thank you very much for this ROM.

I have installed it on my brand new ZTE V880 from China Unicom and it works great. All phone functions are operating smoothly.