[ROM][GEN2] Triple Two Project v5 (Android 2.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Any chance of openvpn support in v5?

I think it's mainly matter of finding/building suitable tun.ko. I'll look into this, it's possible. I'm quite busy with few other things over the next couple of weeks so we'll have to see when that v5 comes. Already increased some buffer sizes and readahead caches, removed some debugging and unused kernel modules. Nothing major, but those will be in v5 anyway.

Nice ROM, thx. But How to change unlock screen, i need simple slide tab (froyo, gingerbread). Or made it transparent.

You could use WidgetLocker or some other app. I'm not going to change the lockscreen on this ROM. It takes lots of changes to many framework files. Actually already had stock froyo lockscreen ported from chinese ROM based on this one but it broke some other stuff in unexpected places. You can look into some chinese boards if you want to figure it out. ;) Some say that current lockscreen is ugly as sin but I kind of like it because it's different from anything else.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT thx. I like this lockscreen, but background picture dont like.

The lockscreen background can be changed. It's inside /system/framework/framework-res.apk. The background is /res/drawable-hdpi/unlock_bg.png. You can use your favourite zip-tool to replace it.

Guest magikstar29

hello,

i'm on SS RLS5,is this rom better than SS?

is this support french language?

Edited by magikstar29

Guest KonstaT

Updated to v5.

v5 changelog:

-updated maps and gmail

-increased sdcard readahead cache

-increased NAND readahead cache

-increased TCP buffer sizes

-removed unused kernel modules

-removed some debugging

-tweaked some other stuff

-system size ~116mb

Triple-Two-Project-v5.zip

http://www.mediafire...qej5s9kqx84b7vw (mirror)

MD5:1884967BDB76A0D7AE21E13F8C0CF95F

Updated also hungarian kernel because some of the above changes are to boot.img.

Triple-Two-Project-Telenor-Kernel-v2.zip

http://www.mediafire...141k4g5mkww8b97

MD5:620515A7C8AB5B1A708ABF813002F71D

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Akash P

Updated to v5.

v5 changelog:

-updated maps and gmail

-removed some debugging

-system size ~116mb

What are the differences between the two kernels? could you elaborate?

Guest KonstaT

What are the differences between the two kernels? could you elaborate?

Original chinese kernel has support for screen used in ZTE-U V880. Hungarian kernel fixes some sensor issues (my ambient light sensor wasn't working with the chinese one).

Guest Akash P

Original chinese kernel has support for screen used in ZTE-U V880. Hungarian kernel fixes some sensor issues (my ambient light sensor wasn't working with the chinese one).

Can i just copy the boot.img fromTelenor Kernel and replace the boot.img of chinese kernel in Triple-Two-Project-v5.zip and then flash the entire rom? is this possible? Do i have to modify anything else?

Edited by Akash P

Guest KonstaT

Can i just copy the boot.img fromTelenor Kernel and replace the boot.img of chinese kernel in Triple-Two-Project-v5.zip and then flash the entire rom? is this possible? Do i have to modify anything else?

You could if you wanted to. No need to modify anything else. But why see the trouble? Triple-Two-Project-Telenor-Kernel-v2.zip contains only the boot.img, nothing else. It takes like ten seconds to flash it after the ROM.

Next rom to try ... pfuu , busy day today :lol:

EDIT : Problems with gps , weather widget etc. ... No more froyo 2.2.2 for me :(

Edited by Kuoi

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi!

Tried this ROM after having been on GSF for long long time.

I must say the difference between version 2 and version 5 is enormous! Very pleased :)

You've put in some good hours of work it looks like! I like the Froyo now! I think I prefered SSRL5 in all Froyos till I used TTv5!

I do find it a little only a little on laggier side compared to GSF. But since it's Froyo, it's only fair to compare it with Froyo. Hence comparing with SSRL5, this is pleasant experience!

I love the new unique lockscreen, however sometimes it's less responsive. I've lost it now that I've opted for pattern lock.

If at all you go for v6, would you be looking into why it seems a little laggier? I've changed launcher, sms app and keyboard - to GO products. I've changed email to email-mod. No extra apps apart from FB, tweeter, Google+.

Guest danmanbad

hi all could someone tell me what i would have to replace so i could have the diler and sms from SS or Japanese spring

thanks in advanced

Guest KonstaT

hi all could someone tell me what i would have to replace so i could have the diler and sms from SS or Japanese spring

thanks in advanced

Do you mean AOSP dialer & contacts?

-replace Contacts.apk

-replace ContactsProvider.apk

-replace Mms.apk

-replace Launcher2.apk

-remove Smartdialer.apk

You might have to sign those .apk's you add with test key. I had this already done at one point but it broke the contacts lists backgroud somehow. I'll look into it again when I have more time to spare.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest leszekpap

i tried v5 but..on lockscreen I still have information -NO SERVICE but phone and network is working ok (ORANGE).

and this lockscreen -.I prefer standard one :)

Guest KonstaT

i tried v5 but..on lockscreen I still have information -NO SERVICE but phone and network is working ok (ORANGE).

and this lockscreen -.I prefer standard one :)

No, it shouldn't say "(No service)" in the lockscreen. It still has similar information in 20+ other languages but not in english. ;) I fixed it back in the days when there was only english and chinese to choose from. Haven't bothered to change it with the other locales. It displays the carriers name correctly with some providers but it doesn't work with some others. I still don't know why...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dinodino88

I tried flashing v5 version on V880, GPS doesn't seem to be working. The GPS icon was blinking but the Google Map application said the location cache is empty.

Any clue?

Guest KonstaT

I tried flashing v5 version on V880, GPS doesn't seem to be working. The GPS icon was blinking but the Google Map application said the location cache is empty.

Any clue?

Do you get GPS signal in other apps? Could you try GPS Status and see if it gets signal. It might be just Google Maps problem. GPS has always worked perfect for me and I've actually touched nothing on it from the original ROM. I'm kind of working on v6 so I'll test GPS again when I flash this back to my phone.

Guest unrandomsam

Updated to v5.

v5 changelog:

-updated maps and gmail

-removed some debugging

-system size ~116mb

Updated also hungarian kernel because some of the above changes are to boot.img.

Why do people change those readaheads it kills performance for me (especially sdcard which drops from about 11MB/s to ~ 4MB/s).

Guest dinodino88

Do you get GPS signal in other apps? Could you try GPS Status and see if it gets signal. It might be just Google Maps problem. GPS has always worked perfect for me and I've actually touched nothing on it from the original ROM. I'm kind of working on v6 so I'll test GPS again when I flash this back to my phone.

I could get GPS signal at some areas but not at all places. I could acquire the GPS signal with CM7 nighty 169 quite fast at home, but at the same location, v5 is still searching for signal even after 2 minutes.

Does any one else experience the same problem?

Guest KonstaT

Why do people change those readaheads it kills performance for me (especially sdcard which drops from about 11MB/s to ~ 4MB/s).

Readahead cache values can be found in /system/bin/userinit.sh. I put them there for easy editing. It can be changed back to default value which was 128.

Edited by KonstaT

• 1 month later...
Guest DarkCrono

A dumb question. Can I use the kernel from this one with others Custom ROMs on the Unicom version?

This will make other gen2 Custom Roms bootable on the Unicom version?

Guest KonstaT

A dumb question. Can I use the kernel from this one with others Custom ROMs on the Unicom version?

This will make other gen2 Custom Roms bootable on the Unicom version?

I'm not sure that I understand. Why would you want to use kernel from this one? Do have some hardware compatibility issues?

This kernel is .32 and gingerbread ROMs use .35, so you can't use it with newer ROM anyway. I'm not sure if it would work with with froyos if you extracted just the kernel zImage from this one and used it with the ramdisk from your other ROM.

I don't think that using boot.img from this ROM boots with any other custom ROM that I know of.

Guest DarkCrono

I'm not sure that I understand. Why would you want to use kernel from this one? Do have some hardware compatibility issues?

This kernel is .32 and gingerbread ROMs use .35, so you can't use it with newer ROM anyway. I'm not sure if it would work with with froyos if you extracted just the kernel zImage from this one and used it with the ramdisk from your other ROM.

I don't think that using boot.img from this ROM boots with any other custom ROM that I know of.

Yeah, did you got it. I'm just wondering if the incompatibility from other Custom ROMs for v880 with the China Unicom hardware is the lack of a compatible kernel.

Thank you for your reply!

Edited by DarkCrono

• 1 month later...
Guest DarkCrono

Hi, KonstaT. I've installed it on my chinese v880 and everithing works (camera, FM, GPS, etc). However this is kinda slow. Mainly when syncing gmail, opening messages and everytime I'm returning to launcher. I moved every app that I can to SD. Killing tasks to not help too much. Sometimes it freezes over 1 minute long. My free space is between 23 MB - 45 MB.

I don't know how to use darktremor too.

Any tips?